OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
As far as cesspools go its right behind Twitter

It’s like a mix of 4chan and old Internet forums. I just wish some of the memes I’ve seen I could save the picture instead of screenshotting them because they’re hilarious. Like the one I saw was a statue of a facepalming Jesus and the caption was “This. This right here is why my middle name is F*cking”

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Twitter is now closer to 4Chan. Sad really.

It’s like a mix of 4chan and old Internet forums. I just wish some of the memes I’ve seen I could save the picture instead of screenshotting them because they’re hilarious. Like the one I saw was a statue of a facepalming Jesus and the caption was “This. This right here is why my middle name is F*cking”
4Chan has actually done good things in the past and they are undefeated in Capture the Flag.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Twitter is now closer to 4Chan. Sad really.
Twiiter is definitely a YMMV type situation. I follow reliable sources who break business and political news hours before the legacy media gets to it. I interact with some exceptional people whom I never would get a chance to communicate with apart from the platform. Again I'm selective and discerning with who I follow. It's by no means flawless, but it remains one of the most reliable and immediate sources of information on the internet if you know where and how to look for it. And you can always block the idiots.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Twiiter is definitely a YMMV type situation. I follow reliable sources who break business and political news hours before the legacy media gets to it. I interact with some exceptional people whom I never would get a chance to communicate with apart from the platform. Again I'm selective and discerning with who I follow. It's by no means flawless, but it remains one of the most reliable and immediate sources of information on the internet if you know where and how to look for it. And you can always block the idiots.

Yeah, I use it mostly for hockey news and some other global news specific aspects. But in the wider usage, wow, things are very... interesting. :laugh:

Reactions: slip

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Yeah, I use it mostly for hockey news and some other global news specific aspects. But in the wider usage, wow, things are very... interesting. :laugh:
No doubt. And the "wider usage" statement applies to the internet as a whole.

But as a tool for communicating with real people and as an immediate news source, it remains unrivaled. But if one wants to use it to fuel one's contempt if not rage against a political or social group, it's got you covered there too.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Yea Musk is gonna introduce where blocks don’t matter. You’ll still see their tweets.

Basically he’s not a fan of people not wanting to see his (and his 4 alternate accounts) tweets.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
They say its suppose to weaken significantly before it hits land but atm it has wind speeds of 180 mph which are downright catastrophic.The strongest wind speed from a storm ever recorded in the Atlantic was 190 mph from Hurricane Allen ( 1980 ).
The radio here in NZ was just talking up Milton like it was doomsday. Didn't realize you had a monster coming your way. Hadnt been browsing the OT thread either so all this had vompletely passed me by. Hope everyone is prepared and stays safe.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yea Musk is gonna introduce where blocks don’t matter. You’ll still see their tweets.

Basically he’s not a fan of people not wanting to see his (and his 4 alternate accounts) tweets.
We all took Tom for granted.

mstom_400x400.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I love when people reschedule a regularly recurring meeting to a different day and then they are over 5 minutes late to it....

I remember people getting upset with me if I would decline meetings they'd set up when they wouldn't include any sort of agenda.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland

Anyone still using twitter in 2024 is enabling some horrible shit. All exceptional people I used to follow left the platform well before M*sk bought it to flatten it into a cudgel to clumsily pound away at public opinion and prop up his crumbling image. I am much happier getting news a few hours or a day later elsewhere than smacking the block button several times a day and wading through bots, insincerity and willful ignorance. It's gross and scrolling twitter makes me feel gross. It's started sliding into garbage ten years ago and it's putrid now.

Reactions: oldgoalie

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Anyone still using twitter in 2024 is enabling some horrible shit. All exceptional people I used to follow left the platform well before M*sk bought it to flatten it into a cudgel to clumsily pound away at public opinion and prop up his crumbling image. I am much happier getting news a few hours or a day later elsewhere than smacking the block button several times a day and wading through bots, insincerity and willful ignorance. It's gross and scrolling twitter makes me feel gross. It's started sliding into garbage ten years ago and it's putrid now.
But tell us how you really feel. 😂

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
My flight from Ft Lauderdale is still planned to go as scheduled but seeing some troubling things. Tornado was sighted all the way out west down there. Seems like the NW of Broward and the SW of Palm Beach are experiencing some crappy weather. I hope everyone stays safe.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Rocket Man Bad syndrome.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My flight from Ft Lauderdale is still planned to go as scheduled but seeing some troubling things. Tornado was sighted all the way out west down there. Seems like the NW of Broward and the SW of Palm Beach are experiencing some crappy weather. I hope everyone stays safe.

Fort Myers news broadcast was showing a tornado on the ground that was going across 75 in alligator alley. Fun times.

Reactions: oldgoalie

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland

Rocket Man Bad syndrome.
Reading Comprehension Fail. Refer to bolded text.

Try "Retired Social Media Developer and Marshall McLuhan fan" syndrome

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One of the sheriffs down in SW Florida (Charlotte) recommended that anyone who stayed use a sharpie to put their id and next of kin contact number because it could be that bad.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Scan Ahead Failure ... "M*sk bought it to flatten it into a cudgel to clumsily pound away at public opinion and prop up his crumbling image"
If I've offended you by using less than glowing words in describing your hero, I apologize profusely. If you wish to discuss the larger issue with thoughtfulness and nuance, my DMs are open. Either way, I'm not wrong.

Thanks for providing an example for the audience. 👍

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad