OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Think of the stupidest thing you can think of, even if you mad lib it, and someone will believe it.

Like I made a joke post on Reddit today about Jewish people changing their yarmulkes so it looks the TFGs hair, and people actually believed it. Like to the point of “those are the Jews we like” belief lol. I facepalmed so hard I’m pretty sure I hit the back of my skull.
Typical Reddit moment

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
As far as cesspools go its right behind Twitter

It’s like a mix of 4chan and old Internet forums. I just wish some of the memes I’ve seen I could save the picture instead of screenshotting them because they’re hilarious. Like the one I saw was a statue of a facepalming Jesus and the caption was “This. This right here is why my middle name is F*cking”

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Twitter is now closer to 4Chan. Sad really.

It’s like a mix of 4chan and old Internet forums. I just wish some of the memes I’ve seen I could save the picture instead of screenshotting them because they’re hilarious. Like the one I saw was a statue of a facepalming Jesus and the caption was “This. This right here is why my middle name is F*cking”
4Chan has actually done good things in the past and they are undefeated in Capture the Flag.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Twitter is now closer to 4Chan. Sad really.
Twiiter is definitely a YMMV type situation. I follow reliable sources who break business and political news hours before the legacy media gets to it. I interact with some exceptional people whom I never would get a chance to communicate with apart from the platform. Again I'm selective and discerning with who I follow. It's by no means flawless, but it remains one of the most reliable and immediate sources of information on the internet if you know where and how to look for it. And you can always block the idiots.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Twiiter is definitely a YMMV type situation. I follow reliable sources who break business and political news hours before the legacy media gets to it. I interact with some exceptional people whom I never would get a chance to communicate with apart from the platform. Again I'm selective and discerning with who I follow. It's by no means flawless, but it remains one of the most reliable and immediate sources of information on the internet if you know where and how to look for it. And you can always block the idiots.

Yeah, I use it mostly for hockey news and some other global news specific aspects. But in the wider usage, wow, things are very... interesting. :laugh:

Reactions: slip

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Yeah, I use it mostly for hockey news and some other global news specific aspects. But in the wider usage, wow, things are very... interesting. :laugh:
No doubt. And the "wider usage" statement applies to the internet as a whole.

But as a tool for communicating with real people and as an immediate news source, it remains unrivaled. But if one wants to use it to fuel one's contempt if not rage against a political or social group, it's got you covered there too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad