OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Sorry to hear that but at least the light is shining.

This job has removed all of my self-confidence. I've had a couple of thoughts about LLCs and working for myself, but I make 50% more than my wife so it'd be a risky proposition. But I am interested in possibly pursuing that kind of change, probably as a side-hustle to start, with the ultimate goal of selling out for a cash windfall.

It's ok to take time to figure things out. Hold it in suspense for a while and some random event will crystallize what you need into an action.

One idiot on the Internet is wishing you good luck.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Second application just sent. The jobs I'm finding are...rather varied. One subcontracts with NASA. Another works with rural schools. I think I've got a much better shot at the second, based on my background, and the kids are old enough that me traveling nationally from time to time is a lot less of a big deal than it was 8 years ago.

EDIT:

Found and applied for a third, a cybersecurity company. One way or the other, I need to GTFO of my current situation. Strongly considering telling my boss on Friday that from my perspective, I feel like I've been set up to fail with the goal of forcing me out.

Last edited:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Second application just sent. The jobs I'm finding are...rather varied. One subcontracts with NASA. Another works with rural schools. I think I've got a much better shot at the second, based on my background, and the kids are old enough that me traveling nationally from time to time is a lot less of a big deal than it was 8 years ago.

EDIT:

Found and applied for a third, a cybersecurity company. One way or the other, I need to GTFO of my current situation. Strongly considering telling my boss on Friday that from my perspective, I feel like I've been set up to fail with the goal of forcing me out.
Crowdstrike does have a lot of job listings right now.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Looking to get rid of Direct TV. I do t watch TV much aside from football and hockey.

We have ESPN+ so the Sabres are mostly covered.

We’ll likely go with yahoo TV for the Bills.

Looking to get local channels,ESPN, NHL network, TNT, and NFL network for the Bills national televised games as well.

Any insight into option combos? Hulu? Apple TV?

Thanks in advance
My wife handles all the media in our household (phones, internet, viewing subscriptions) so that I don't demand we cut everything altogether and revert to paper mail, semaphore, and smoke signals and save the money each month.

We have directTV for now. Because of this ESPN dispute, somehow we're not able to get ESPN+ streaming either, even though we subscribe to that separately.
That right-hand photo above scares me. Had the Otters been around 45 years ago with the Riffs, the Rogues, Turnbull AC, the Baseball Furies, the Lizzies, etc., I'm not so sure the Warriors would have returned safely to Coney Island.

images

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well, Nate is living his best life as he now has to make up a lab on Thursday because his weekend trip to the Hamptons ran over into today.

And he hopes to be back to campus in time to make it to his 5pm class today.

:facepalm:

And Nate and his roommates got signed up for the whaleboat race and ended up flipping their boat.

I wish I had video of it.

:laugh:

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So I have been collecting the lego "Winter Village" sets for a few years now (going back to around when my kids were born), and haven't put them up in a few years even though I've been buying a new set every year (they release 1 new one every year). I think judging by my count, I last put them up in 2021 when my then almost 2 year old son decided he wanted to trample through it like Godzilla. I pulled them out of storage and am determined to get a full Christmas lego display up. I have 3 sets that are still new in box and a 4th one coming when it releases in October. Given my limited free time, probably need to start sooner rather than later if I want them all done by thanksgiving or so.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
So I have been collecting the lego "Winter Village" sets for a few years now (going back to around when my kids were born), and haven't put them up in a few years even though I've been buying a new set every year (they release 1 new one every year). I think judging by my count, I last put them up in 2021 when my then almost 2 year old son decided he wanted to trample through it like Godzilla. I pulled them out of storage and am determined to get a full Christmas lego display up. I have 3 sets that are still new in box and a 4th one coming when it releases in October. Given my limited free time, probably need to start sooner rather than later if I want them all done by thanksgiving or so.
That's pretty cool. Do you have any pics of completed villages you can share? I'd like to see them.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Dont forget the Kragle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad