OT:The real Hurricanes

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
yeah had no power in my office on coming in this morning, and the battery backup was getting near running out. Bastards got it up and running again just minutes before I could f*** off for the day

still good to go on power 10 blocks away at my place for now, or at least no outage reports yet.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Just had my first power surge in Durham, but it was a quick on and off.

Edit: Scratch that, that surge appears to have killed my stove. So I got that going for me...
That sucks! Good luck getting an affordable replacement.

Seriously check both Lowes and HD. I had to replace a fridge 3 years ago and got a "scratch and dent" from Lowes cost $700 and the normal retail was around $2,000. and the only issue was the banding strap was over tightened and left a small dent on the side.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That sucks! Good luck getting an affordable replacement.

Seriously check both Lowes and HD. I had to replace a fridge 3 years ago and got a "scratch and dent" from Lowes cost $700 and the normal retail was around $2,000. and the only issue was the banding strap was over tightened and left a small dent on the side.

I'm at an apartment complex, so I ain't paying shit. Maintenance is going to come take a look at it and if it's truly dead, then the complex will replace it.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Well I think Danville is in the "eye" actual sunshine and no rain. We are probably only going to end up with 4" but for a ground that is already saturated that means it wont take much wind on the back half to knock down trees.

Also power was out about 1.5 hour but up and running again.

As for home I got a small EGO 400w invert to charge phones and tablets yesterday. Topped of the portable ginny's gas can, got a few days worth of meat (I grocery shop 1 day at a time), and got coolers full of ice and have everything out and ready.

So we wont lose power at home!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad