OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'd rather just write an email to everyone that pays for advertising at Canucks games explaining why we won't be purchasing any products advertised at games.

Again, it's meaningless, but if more people sign on to it, it might get some attention.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Would anyone be down for another HF Vancouver get together?

I'm normally not one who supports protesting, but if we organized something thoughtful outside Rogers arena it will definitely make headlines and catch attention. Thoughts? Would anyone be in?

fire it up in the facebook group wilch made

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Perhaps those who are interested can do a planning meeting first.
You guys should make sure you do not all bring the same signs...
That there are enough people...
And most importantly...
That you all actually like each other first.
;)

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Perhaps those who are interested can do a planning meeting first.
You guys should make sure you do not all bring the same signs...
That there are enough people...
And most importantly...
That you all actually like each other first.
;)

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. :laugh:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Can we take a quick moment and discuss cyber bullying

I am getting up in age , and even now it still affects me at times.

Last edited:

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Can we take a quick moment and discuss hyber bullying

I am getting up in age , and even now it still affects me at times.

I could make a large post on this, but I'll just leave it at this. You're your own worst enemy.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I could make a large post on this, but I'll just leave it at this. You're your own worst enemy.
I am one of the nicest and respectful people on these boards and in real life, don't confuse having conflicting opinions and emotional responses with that.

Last edited:

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Did you just imply I am a cyber bully?, I am one of the nicest and respectful people on these boards, don't confuse having conflicting opinions and emotional responses with that.

No, I'm saying the way you conduct yourself around here is the reason people are "bullying" you.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
No, I'm saying the way you conduct yourself around here is the reason people are "bullying" you.

That is a fair comment.

I am a easy target due to the fact I have no filter, I speak my mind, on HF, on the Radio, in real life. If you had a beer with me you would notice how respectful and fun to be around, I am sure. (Based on what other people have said throughout my life)

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
That is a fair comment.

I am a easy target due to the fact I have no filter, I speak my mind, on HF, on the Radio, in real life. If you had a beer with me you would notice how respectful and fun to be around, I am sure. (Based on what other people have said throughout my life)

Honestly, just tone down the emotional posts and you'll be alright. I'm sure you're a fine human being.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, just tone down the emotional posts and you'll be alright. I'm sure you're a fine human being.

The best human reaction is the pure emotion of a moment, I think emotion is important for a message board, as long as it's done respectfully.

Is that not fair?

I believe I have rebuilt my reputation during my early years, but still maintain what makes me tick on the message board. The amount of support I got when I went through a rough time in my life was staggering, it really helped me out, and I will never forget that.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
The best human reaction is the pure emotion of a moment, I think emotion is important for a message board, as long as it's done respectfully.

Is that not fair?

I believe I have rebuilt my reputation during my early years, but still maintain what makes me tick on the message board. The amount of support I got when I went through a rough time in my life was staggering, it really helped me out, and I will never forget that.

Glad the boards helped you get back on your feet.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013

Is that not fair?

I personally rather see posts that rely on reason and well thought out opinions, as opposed to emotional ones. Though there is definitely room for emotion when the time is right.

I'm happy you're in a better place mentally, that's great. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if posting with emotion all the time rubs some people the wrong way.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I personally rather see posts that rely on reason and well thought out opinions, as opposed to emotional ones. Though there is definitely room for emotion when the time is right.

I'm happy you're in a better place mentally, that's great. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if posting with emotion all the time rubs some people the wrong way.

For sure, I have no issues with getting called out once in awhile, but without naming names here, I dislike getting followed around on the boards and constantly see the same people put down others, with actual basis or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad