Oshawa Generals 2024-25 Season Thread, Part 1

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
There ain't no sugar coating it, that was a bad game. Oster played bad, D'Amato looked lost, whole team had no identity tonight.

Only players I saw tonight that played well and hard fought games were Sandhu and Sinivuori.

Team still working on developing chemistry and need Sennecke (sunday) and Ritchie back.

Moving on.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Also, Torrence got hurt mid game and never came back. I did not see what happened myself, hope it's nothing serious.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I don’t agree with Donnie’s assessment of Torrance, but he does have the worst luck with injuries. Don’t think he’s ever had a healthy season. Just brutal

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Guy sitting beside me last night made a comment that Blaseg looks like a better option than D'Amato right now. I went to argue that but realized I couldn't

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Guy sitting beside me last night made a comment that Blaseg looks like a better option than D'Amato right now. I went to argue that but realized I couldn't
He definitely looked lost out there last night. His one brief moment of relevance was blocking a for sure goal with his chest.

He also has clearly been replaced on PP1 by Marelli, which is the right call.

Pragmatron

Nov 2, 2022
D’Amato hasn’t seemed to have his heart in it this year. He knows if Roobroeck comes back he loses his roster spot. Not getting an A might have something to do with it as well.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
D’Amato hasn’t seemed to have his heart in it this year. He knows if Roobroeck comes back he loses his roster spot. Not getting an A might have something to do with it as well.
It looks like he knows that even if Roobroeck doesn't come back he could lose his spot. Frustrating to watch because he has the skating and smarts to dominate younger players as an OA but that has not happened for any stretch thus far this season

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
They look very disorganized and somewhat disinterested so far.
Agree on the disorganized, which makes sense as they havent had a single practice with the whole team yet. Should be a better look from that perspective on Friday after a full week together. Havent seen the disinterested at all. Not sure what makes you say that

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Calum Ritchie cracks Colorado's opening night roster on the second line.

1000007237.jpg

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Is Barlow producing? Musty would be better.

I probably know more about Hockey then you’ll know, if you were to live two life times.
If you’ve played more hockey than anyone knows you would know it’s only 2 games and you’re saying is he producing? The guy is a first round NHL draft pick he will be just fine. Watch his reactions to missing the net or missing his spot. The guy cares. He doesn’t need so called fans of a team booing him and complaining like the knobs sitting behind me. Cheer for your team or go somewhere else. Maybe yell shooot more. That will do it.

hockeyisbest

Oct 1, 2024
If you’ve played more hockey than anyone knows you would know it’s only 2 games and you’re saying is he producing? The guy is a first round NHL draft pick he will be just fine. Watch his reactions to missing the net or missing his spot. The guy cares. He doesn’t need so called fans of a team booing him and complaining like the knobs sitting behind me. Cheer for your team or go somewhere else. Maybe yell shooot more. That will do it.
I’m old world, and I did play high-level hockey, not NHL, I sit and watch… But the only thing that really ticks me off is some of the incredibly poor officiating.

The team looks incredibly messy, not enough communication between players. They shouldn’t be skating into each other. There is hope.

Not everyone that gets drafted plays in the NHL, and you should know that.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I’m old world, and I did play high-level hockey, not NHL, I sit and watch… But the only thing that really ticks me off is some of the incredibly poor officiating.

The team looks incredibly messy, not enough communication between players. They shouldn’t be skating into each other. There is hope.

Not everyone that gets drafted plays in the NHL, and you should know that.
Would you say your best trait is to think "logically"?

Reactions: leafs4life94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad