Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Was a fun run. Can’t expect much out of this team anymore. No comparison to the out of lineups for London. This was not a go for it year hence the depth not being there. This is all house money.

Reactions: Whatanathol

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Was a fun run. Can’t expect much out of this team anymore. No comparison to the out of lineups for London. This was not a go for it year hence the depth not being there. This is all house money.
Agreed. The whole playoff run as been excellent to build experience for next year when Oshawa makes a deep run. This team will be exciting next year and as you said, playing with house money right now.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Oster scares me. He can steal games.
True. But the lineup without the 3 is very undermanned. The young kids played the best they could to beat North Bay in game 7 but don’t think they have that consistency to make this much of a series. Oster could steal one at home but that’s about it. Unless a miracle happens and the three come back this is done. Just being realistic. Punnet looks like his season is done. Sennecke has a concussion so he is very well done. Buckley shoulder I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear off season surgery Next year I expect something as this year I didn’t. Hopefully they are not all 8 1 losses but would not surprise me.

Reactions: tjziel and nelli27

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
London sure looks like they play on a different level than any other team in the OHL :(

Things don’t look good.
The Knights play more a pro hockey style than any OHL team. Dale Hunter coaches those players to become pros when they make it to the NHL. That is why there are tons of NHL players and more upcoming draft picks coming out of that NHL production factory like London.

Its unfortunate that Sennecke, Buckley, And Punnett are injured right now. Their absence have pretty much taken its toll on the Gens.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
As a fan of neither team I gotta say I feel for you guys. I didn’t think you’d win even with sennecke, Buckley and punnett in but this is unreal with them out.

Love the confidence and they did beat Sag 4-2 but by no means are they leaps and bounds better. Time will tell
I agree. Watching that series the big difference was reigning ohl playoff mvp Michael Simpson.

The hunters definitely know what they’re doing bringing him in- what a player. Very solid.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Hopefully some players back on Monday
Would be surprised if any of them returned. Punnett could barely skate in gm 7, pretty sure he was dressed for moral support and for the off chance gm 7 ended up being his last OHL game. Sennecke and Buckley will be very important for this team next season. Sucks to say, but if either of them aren’t even remotely close to healthy, don’t even bother rushing them out there.

Reactions: three dog night

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
As a knights fan that was hard to watch. Hockey is a blood sport, if you’re not strong enough to hold on to your lunch money the better team will take it from you. I have been in the visitors rink a few times when it hasn’t ended well, Guelph 2019 when we lost game 6 and were up 3-0 in the series to start.

It’s great to see the Oshawa support, you are a great fan base and are in for a good few years. The team kept their composure despite the situation, shows maturity.

I hope all your players return healthy for game 3, it’s junior hockey, anything can happen.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Sennecke is out
Buckley is in
Punnett is GTD

Kinda, sorta, maybe good news for them n the faithful?

Always feel for the kids who have a season end while watching from the stands, moreso in the POs and worse yet in finals.
Hopefully good to go.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Oster is mediocre but if the Generals could cleat the puck that goal woulfn't have happened.

Last edited:

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
As good as London is. This is more of an Oshawa collapse rather than a London comeback

Unreal. This OT is gonna be good
This is almost similar to a Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl like collapse where they thought they had the won the Super Bowl in the 4th until the New England Patriots came back and won the Super Bowl in OT. Then again some have compared the Knights to the Patriots of the OHL.

Reactions: frontsfan67

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
The most Mediocre Goalie of the Year I guess....
I imagine most London fans haven’t watched a ton of Oster throughout the season/playoffs thus far but you have to admit he’s been extremely mediocre in this series. London is a wagon but to beat them you need your star goalie to get you through a 3rd period like that one calmly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad