Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah not 100% sure on kumpulainen but he seemed to get better as the season went on- atleast against the fronts that is lol.

Has good size. Could make the ahl. That’s usually the big question is if they can handle bigger tougher guys. He should be fine.
It's a huge jump from junior to the AHL and he would be way better served playing back in the OHL next year.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I explained last year that Oster, Roobroeck and D’Amato would all be obvious OA choices ahead of Torrance and someone here threw a tantrum insisting that Torrance is an Oshawa native so he should automatically get an OA spot.
That’s what I don’t ever get with junior hockey fans- who cares where they’re from lol if you want to win you pick the best players. I don’t care if they’re from Uzbekistan or Canada. Torrance is not filling any seats.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Ya I jumped the gun posting reading through the thread but have to wonder if Ritchie is back but he probably is gvien the Avs are set at center.
I think Ritchie will be back for 1 more year but makes their main training camp. Maybe gets a few games of NHL time similar to Fraser Minten in Toronto last year?

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think Ritchie will be back for 1 more year but makes their main training camp. Maybe gets a few games of NHL time similar to Fraser Minten in Toronto last year?
I'm a huge fan of Ritchie and think some teams will regret passing on him but the Avs will love him.

Reactions: frontsfan67

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
they turned down offers on torrance at the deadline. looking at 2 and 4ths i think back then. not sure if they will get that now, but they also went on a nice run so.

Reactions: Section5Petes

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
they turned down offers on torrance at the deadline. looking at 2 and 4ths i think back then. not sure if they will get that now, but they also went on a nice run so.
I mean I do think Oshawa starts the season and perhaps plays the whole season with Torrence but having said that. The right deal to move him and or D'Amato to trade up is always an option.

Some people out their seem to hate Torrence being on the team but I think sometimes you need those strong reliable 3rd liners to fill out the roster.

Time will tell what this team does.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I mean I do think Oshawa starts the season and perhaps plays the whole season with Torrence but having said that. The right deal to move him and or D'Amato to trade up is always an option.

Some people out their seem to hate Torrence being on the team but I think sometimes you need those strong reliable 3rd liners to fill out the roster.

Time will tell what this team does.
i think they are calling around abour 04 D, i think they called sudbury about mccoy

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Sounds like Oshawa has signed David Svozil. Czech Defensemen from last year's import draft.

If true, Oshawa will only make 1 pick today.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Sounds like Oshawa has signed David Svozil. Czech Defensemen from last year's import draft.

If true, Oshawa will only make 1 pick today.
The Gennies usually swing and miss on import D. Only impactful one we’ve had recently was Nico Gross. Don’t know much about Svozil, but personally hoping they are keeping a spot open in hopes of Rasmus coming back.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
They put it on a T-Shirt lol

1000005733.jpg

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Better NHL career, Cowan or Ritchie? $ on the Genee.

If the Leafs hadn’t given away their 1st round pick to acquire Noel Accari and something called a Josh Pilar, they could have drafted both Cowan AND Ritchie.

And just for good measure, the Leafs also threw in a 2nd and 3rd round picks along with that 1st.

This is why I despise Kyle Dumbass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad