Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Roobroeck is obvious but Kumpulainen I thought would be back because he had a poor playoff showing.
From what I heard it's more a culture situation.
That's a big adjustment for a young man moving overseas and having to adjust to a whole new world. Either you like it or you don't

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Exciting weekend ahead for Oshawa fans as at least 3 Generals are expected to be drafted to the NHL with Sennecke projected to go in the 1st round tonight.

Reactions: three dog night

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
A lot of people on the nhl accounts clearly don’t understand the meaning of upside and potential.

Sennecke had one of the best second half’s of any forward in the draft and kept going in the playoffs before getting hurt, this is a guy that is going to put up a lot of points in this league as early as next year.

Whether he comes back as a 19 year old is up in question right now- too early to tell. He is going to be a real good player at 19 and that’s why Anaheim wanted him. Not for right now.

Of course as a fronts fan I get to see this guy a bunch every year and this must be how you guys felt about wright when he played you lol- I watch a lot of this guy and I find his best games are often against us.

Also good for danford. Didn’t see him going that high but he could be a good future top 4 d man and leader.

Reactions: Static

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Clear as day roobroeck won’t be back after the playoffs he had. It’s not a case of he is too small or too slow- he is the biggest guy in the O’ and looked way faster this season. Numbers were way better too. He’s gone.

Kumpulainen was drafted before coming to Oshawa. He can play in the AHL next year- probably won’t be back either.

Roobroeck certainly isn’t a “lock” to be in the AHL next year. His defensive play is extremely poor and that’s a major weakness in his game. He’s also very inconsistent - - with his size he should be dominating the league physically, but he disappears for stretches.

I expect Roobroeck to be back in Oshawa again as an OA next year, with a mandate to improve his defensive zone play and consistency.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
MEt the Danford kid one night after a game here. Good for him, will need to get a bit more physical, but has all the tools to play. Something in the water in Madoc ontario. His uncle ? Steve Bancroft drafter in the first round to Toronto in the early 90's

lavidaloca89

Jun 27, 2024
Hes one of the more physical players in the league already (Danford).

Is Kumpulainen coming back next year?

Im assuming if Roobroeck goes up the ahl the generals will move Torrance plus pick(s) for a better overage player anyway. I can’t foresee us having Torrance as an overage player in a go for it year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Roobroeck certainly isn’t a “lock” to be in the AHL next year. His defensive play is extremely poor and that’s a major weakness in his game. He’s also very inconsistent - - with his size he should be dominating the league physically, but he disappears for stretches.

I expect Roobroeck to be back in Oshawa again as an OA next year, with a mandate to improve his defensive zone play and consistency.
who was the last sign overage skater to be sent back?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Schmidt/Bloom this past year?
ya, I never really had time for bloom so I got that one. I think Schmidt was more off ice as well.

Point being is it’s rare.

NY didn’t have to sign him this year, they could have waited if they planned to send him back. All the more reason bet on him staying for the start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad