Oshawa Generals 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Don't know if anyone has put this forth yet but maybe Kurtis Foster might be considered as an associate coach. Hard to move from Head Coach but with his background might be a fit as our defence coach? Thoughts?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Don't know if anyone has put this forth yet but maybe Kurtis Foster might be considered as an associate coach. Hard to move from Head Coach but with his background might be a fit as our defence coach? Thoughts?

I'd assume he wouldn't be looking for a backwards career move going from HC to AC in the same league

Last edited:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I guess it depends on how many pro , both Jr. and minor league, positions are open and how many offers are put forth to him. I thought he did a decent job, especially after Christmas with the rather young , inexperienced Kingston team and Kurtis has minimal coaching experience as well. I wish him wherever he ends up. Sometimes it's necessary to take a little step backwards to re-establish yourself and move forward again.

Last edited:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Foster would be a great addition. It would probably look bad right now if they didn’t renew McIver and then hired Foster. No idea what their salaries are, but I gotta figure I guy like Foster would expect more than what McIver made.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Foster would be a great addition. It would probably look bad right now if they didn’t renew McIver and then hired Foster. No idea what their salaries are, but I gotta figure I guy like Foster would expect more than what McIver made.

Based on how they worded the press release saying they were restructuring the organization, I kind of expect them to just have Walters/Nemisz on the bench instead of 3

Reactions: TuckerFan1

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
What about Cole Resnick? Was that just temporary for this season? Awfully young to be coaching kids almost his age!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What about Cole Resnick? Was that just temporary for this season? Awfully young to be coaching kids almost his age!

he’s a “coach” in the booth but not on the bench. He tracks things for Walters, but doesn’t actually coach

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ohl is broadcasting the Gens vs Erie, game 5 from the 2015 OHL final tonight at 7pm on Youtube

Runner26

May 10, 2015
Resnick is young, i agree. But lets not forget Eric Wellwood was only 24 when he was an Assistant for DJ and that worked out pretty well for everyone !!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That was a fun game to watch tonight on Youtube.

Hunter Smith dangles Travis Dermott to tie it 1-1

Brad Latour dagger off a Cassels face-off win

It's crazy watching it back and seeing how one of the most unstoppable junior hockey players in the last 20-30 years was almost completely shut down by the Cassels/Brown/Mermis/Appleby combo

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Ohl is broadcasting the Gens vs Erie, game 5 from the 2015 OHL final tonight at 7pm on Youtube
Man that team was so good. Never seen it on tv so was great to watch it again as I was there. Got on TV with the Hunter heads and my band played in the bar after. What a great night. Cheers

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just curious about the four players drafted in the 2018 NHL Draft that are still unsigned.

Is this something that is unique to the Generals or more a reflection on the current atmosphere with all the uncertainty - or a reflection of the situations for the individual clubs by which they were selected?

In an earlier November post it was just assumed that McShane and Vallati would be moving on to pro hockey next season yet both have yet to be signed.

Similarly Nico Gross was recently named defenseman of the year but was not signed by the Rangers.

Jordan Kooy's situation is a bit different since he was with London prior to this season but he has yet to sign with the Knights.

Any thoughts?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just curious about the four players drafted in the 2018 NHL Draft that are still unsigned.

Is this something that is unique to the Generals or more a reflection on the current atmosphere with all the uncertainty - or a reflection of the situations for the individual clubs by which they were selected?

In an earlier November post it was just assumed that McShane and Vallati would be moving on to pro hockey next season yet both have yet to be signed.

Similarly Nico Gross was recently named defenseman of the year but was not signed by the Rangers.

Jordan Kooy's situation is a bit different since he was with London prior to this season but he has yet to sign with the Knights.

Any thoughts?

None of McShane, Vallati or Kooy will be signed. I would've thought Montreal would sign McShane but about 2 months ago Marc Bergevin came out and said he'd only be signing 1 of his unsigned guys and there's no way its not Cam Hillis.

Gross will be signed by NYR before the deadline of June 1st, I don't see how he's not

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Wouldn't be surprised if Resnick is starting university next year

Rensick is in fact starting university next year, going to Ryerson, who's turning into an Oshawa Generals factory with Mistele/McCool/Commisso all on the team last year as well

Reactions: GensFan

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another good sign that McShane will be sent back

To go along with the Hawel signing and since Bergevin said they'd only be signing 1 of their unsigned prospects, this basically assures that McShane will be re-entering the 2020 NHL Draft, and the likelihood of him being back in Oshawa next year very, very high

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Wondering why Castle hasn't been signed yet? Is he leery because of rumours he might be moved to Niagara, Mississauga or Kitchener?

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
He is 1 of 3 first rounders still unsigned including Fantilli and Moldenhauer, both of whom are unlikely to report. Thus my question.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Wondering why Castle hasn't been signed yet? Is he leery because of rumours he might be moved to Niagara, Mississauga or Kitchener?

If the Gens had’ve offered him a contract already, he would’ve signed it. No rush. And if the NIA rumours are true, it makes more sense to do it now and get a free extra first next year. But the trade window isn’t open yet. So either they’re waiting for that to open or the Gens just aren’t in a rush to sign a guy with so much uncertainty

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
He is 1 of 3 first rounders still unsigned including Fantilli and Moldenhauer, both of whom are unlikely to report. Thus my question.
Where did you hear Moldenhauer might not report? Just curious as first I've heard of this.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Could be mistaken about him but saw somewhere he had been drafted by a USHL team and had college in mind. Nothing solid, however. Take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: sirius67fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad