Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
So, to open the Gens thread part 3 on a downer note, I guess as of now, there will be little point in following the Gens draft this spring as they have no selections rounds 2-5. And pretty shallow the following year.

Reactions: dirty12

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
So, to open the Gens thread part 3 on a downer note, I guess as of now, there will be little point in following the Gens draft this spring as they have no selections rounds 2-5. And pretty shallow the following year.
I also presume whomever they draft in the 1st round will be part of a trade next year to get the stud they need for a run.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I also presume whomever they draft in the 1st round will be part of a trade next year to get the stud they need for a run.
I would think that’s true, but it’s been 2 years in a row now where teams have been able to get away without trading their 1sts. Niagara didn’t get a 1st round player for either Thomas or Tomasino. Windsor didn’t get a player for DiPietro last year. I guess it depends on what the asking prices are next year.

When we traded Pu, he was having a tough time finding a role in the veteran heavy Gens roster. Based on our current roster coming back next year, I still get the feeling that our first rounder will have a good opportunity to get quality minutes like Harrison this year.

Reactions: gensfan2k2

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
That being a possibility, what would Saginaw want for Perfetti (given he is available) next year... that we have? We also will need one or two stud defencemen next year to be a serious contender.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
That being a possibility, what would Saginaw want for Perfetti (given he is available) next year... that we have? We also will need one or two stud defencemen next year to be a serious contender.

I’d assume he won’t be going anywhere now as SAG’s big addition was Suzuki who will also be back next year

with Lennox really struggling this year it seems they’ve shifted their focus to trying to contend their year and next year rather than to go all in this year as many assumed they would

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
So if not perfetti next year then Harley to me would be a good get on a host mem cup team if we get bid.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
So, the two stud defencemen I alluded to earlier would be Harley and Vukojevic. Come on, dream along with me!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So, the two stud defencemen I alluded to earlier would be Harley and Vukojevic. Come on, dream along with me!

Vukojevic was teammates with Tullio and Tomasino on the Oshawa Generals Selects team for the WSI tournament team in 2016.

The coach of that team? Rocco Tullio:naughty:

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
When the Gens are healthy I actually like how they match up with the Petes. The Gens top line can obviously score with anyone and the gens have just as much depth on their 3rd line as the Petes do. But without MacLean/Suni that depth quickly is gone and all the pressure is on the top line so I’ll say 5-2 PBO today, Thomas with the GWG

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
When the Gens are healthy I actually like how they match up with the Petes. The Gens top line can obviously score with anyone and the gens have just as much depth on their 3rd line as the Petes do. But without MacLean/Suni that depth quickly is gone and all the pressure is on the top line so I’ll say 5-2 PBO today, Thomas with the GWG
It may come down to goaltending.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
So a while back I mentioned the funk the Gens were in and that they were playing tight because of the potential trade issues. Look at them now. They’re loose and having success. Grated Tomasino is a rare talent, but he has a good supporting cast and he’s being allowed to play to all his skills. What an incredible pickup by Hunt. Also mentioned that we needed replace Maclean, seems Kooy is just what the doctor ordered to give the team confidence to play loose. Granted I wasn’t sure how he’d respond with all that happened to him this year, but he’s proving me wrong... he’s been very good.
so no matter how this game finishes tonight, I feel good about this tram going forward. However I do wonder where our captain will slot in when he’s healthy cuz the top line seems to be almost unstoppable.

Reactions: zman77

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Feels like a different mojo after the trades. Tomasino is an elite player and makes that line with neumann and tulio elite. Once suni and Maclean are back should be rolling three solid lines. Gross is big on back end too. I think Oshawa is still in the discussion in the East.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Feels like a different mojo after the trades. Tomasino is an elite player and makes that line with neumann and tulio elite. Once suni and Maclean are back should be rolling three solid lines. Gross is big on back end too. I think Oshawa is still in the discussion in the East.

Gross makes this team so much better. Keeping him was such a good move by Hunt, apparently there were a handful of teams after him pretty hard. He must’ve blocked 25 shots this weekend

Tomasino continues to be unreal but Kooy has been impressive too. 3-0 against the 1st place team in the west, the 1st place team in the east and a Sarnia team who scores more than anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad