OOT Scoreboard 2024-25 season

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Canucks are one of the more overrated teams coming into this season. Other than the Pacific sucks, I’m not sure why they’re considered a playoff lock.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Kings are a really, really, really, really rough watch.

Are they really so mediocre that they have to play like this win? Obviously really good teams are gonna shut that shit right down, but we struggled mightily against them in the two games last year.

Boston again not looking like a really good team this year. Last year it translated to A LOT of wins, but they were low key mediocre last year. They're looking low key mediocre again this year and if they don't win as much as last year it won't be so low key.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
The Kings are a really, really, really, really rough watch.

Are they really so mediocre that they have to play like this win? Obviously really good teams are gonna shut that shit right down, but we struggled mightily against them in the two games last year.

Boston again not looking like a really good team this year. Last year it translated to A LOT of wins, but they were low key mediocre last year. They're looking low key mediocre again this year and if they don't win as much as last year it won't be so low key.
Having 25-30 korpisalo starts instead of Ullmark ones is uh, sure not gonna help.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Spencer Knight is probably going to give @Bleedred an aneurysm when he does his goals review for the Cats-Sabres game.

Also:
20241004_192953.jpg

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
We caught a ton of shit for running back Vitek after a year he was really good in. No one bats an eye when Colorado runs back Georgiev and his .897. Not going well so far with that experiment. Kahkonen's got a huge opportunity there now and I think he could run with it.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We caught a ton of shit for running back Vitek after a year he was really good in. No one bats an eye when Colorado runs back Georgiev and his .897. Not going well so far with that experiment

Well maybe if they hadn’t played Vitek at running back it would have been better. I always saw him as more of an in thr box safety.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We caught a ton of shit for running back Vitek after a year he was really good in. No one bats an eye when Colorado runs back Georgiev and his .897. Not going well so far with that experiment. Kahkonen's got a huge opportunity there now and I think he could run with it.

Looks like Annunen isn’t much better tonight. 2 GA on 5 shots. Colorado had tied it at 3, but now the Jackets are up 5-3.

Must be so frustrating to have both goalies let you down like that.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Looks like Annunen isn’t much better tonight. 2 GA on 5 shots. Colorado had tied it at 3, but now the Jackets are up 5-3.

Must be so frustrating to have both goalies let you down like that.
That never happened last year for NJ. I can’t at all envision that.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

I said that the other night too when Georgiev got blown up lol but yep you aren't wrong, I hope Kakkonen does well there, I wish we kept him over Allen but it isn't the biggest thing in the world

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Spencer Knight is probably going to give @Bleedred an aneurysm when he does his goals review for the Cats-Sabres game.

Also:
View attachment 915933
Goals 2 and 3 were bad. Goal 4 he looked like he made no attempt to recover.

I think he's still waiver exempt, so he probably won't be afforded too many more games like that before he's sent to Charlotte (or wherever their AHL affiliate is these days) and Driedger gets called up.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I said that the other night too when Georgiev got blown up lol but yep you aren't wrong, I hope Kakkonen does well there, I wish we kept him over Allen but it isn't the biggest thing in the world
There were a few Avs fans spewing a bunch of crap about how the Rangers traded the wrong goalie after that year Georgiev had there in 22-23 lol.

He's been a mediocre to bad goalie for much of his career. His one particularly good season was 22-23 in Colorado. Everything else has been meh to horrible. I know it's Igor, but the numbers between the two of them behind the same team were staggering.

I honestly don't think you can even say Georgiev is better than Vanecek. His best season was better than Vitek's best season and Vitek's worst was probably even worse than his, but he's had more bad seasons than Vitek has to this point.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Eh, I think they'll be fine in the Allen starts. I just wish we were a bit younger at goaltender in general but I think they'll have a team that'll attract goalies regardless of how they are, similar to what Markstrom did.

I’m talking more in the long term having Kahkonen could’ve been big. Sure maybe we’ll be able to keep attracting them but if it’s through trades you’ve gotta pay assets and if it’s through UFA you’re likely overpaying on the contract. Idk if Kahkonen’s the guy long term but there’s potential upside there I think was worth checking out over Allen. Allen’s not some rock steady goalie that you take because you don’t want the potential volatility of a Kahkonen if things don’t work out. Allen could have that volatility himself this year.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’m talking more in the long term having Kahkonen could’ve been big. Sure maybe we’ll be able to keep attracting them but if it’s through trades you’ve gotta pay assets and if it’s through UFA you’re likely overpaying on the contract. Idk if Kahkonen’s the guy long term but there’s potential upside there I think was worth checking out over Allen. Allen’s not some rock steady goalie that you take because you don’t want the potential volatility of a Kahkonen if things don’t work out. Allen could have that volatility himself this year.

Yeah, that's fair, I think they just wanted the extra year of Allen already + they thought Kakkonen wanted more but there was virtually no market for him when 7/1 came. It's funny that he ended up in one of the best spots in WPG for a goalie and then waived to a team like Colorado that seems to be a bit overrated coming into the year

Reactions: Hisch13r

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's a funny time to be pining for someone who's already been waived once and is still third-string, you guys really want to make Kahkonen happen based off five games. There was no way they were going to guarantee him a spot this year because they wanted more proven options and had younger options for the AHL they ultimately want to be at least part of the solution long-term.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It's a funny time to be pining for someone who's already been waived once and is still third-string, you guys really want to make Kahkonen happen based off five games. There was no way they were going to guarantee him a spot this year because they wanted more proven options and had younger options for the AHL they ultimately want to be at least part of the solution long-term.

It's not pining, I said I don't care lol. If I had a choice between the two, it'd be Kakkonen but it's crying over spilled milk with the rest of the roster being so good.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Winning a Cup with Darcy Kuemper will make you think you can win with any goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad