OOT Scoreboard 2024-25 season

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm worried for tomorrow. There will be huge pressure on the leafs. Their fans would have a meltdown if they go 0-2 to start the season and their media will tear them to shreds.

They're going to be pissed about getting shutout in a game it seems like they dominated from start to finish and I'm sure their top guys want to stick to Keefe. Devils have to come out flying against this young goalie they have starting tomorrow.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He shouldn’t settle for anything less than like 13 mil at a minimum. He’s 90% of their team and even that 13 still doesn’t match Panarin’s UFA cap %

I mean if we didn't trade for Markstrom and he walked to UFA, I'd be salivating at the chance to get Igor....but alas, lol. A team like Chicago should be all OVER that if he makes it to July 1 somehow and if he does, Chris Drury needs to be fired on spot.

Reactions: Dialamo

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
I'm worried for tomorrow. There will be huge pressure on the leafs. Their fans would have a meltdown if they go 0-2 to start the season and their media will tear them to shreds.
Unless we get blown out, which looks horrible because it's a B2B for the Leafs, it's not really a big deal if we lose tomorrow in a competitive close contest early in the season when we are already 2-0. It definitely matters more for the Leafs as you said.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I mean if we didn't trade for Markstrom and he walked to UFA, I'd be salivating at the chance to get Igor....but alas, lol. A team like Chicago should be all OVER that if he makes it to July 1 somehow and if he does, Chris Drury needs to be fired on spot.

I don't think Markstrom has anything to do with Igor. Markstrom is just a short-term solution. I can't see Igor going to Chicago...unless he just wants the money

Unless we get blown out, which looks horrible because it's a B2B for the Leafs, it's not really a big deal if we lose tomorrow in a competitive close contest early in the season when we are already 2-0. It definitely matters more for the Leafs as you said.

I just want competitive hockey and not pond hockey like they played under Ruff

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't think Markstrom has anything to do with Igor. Markstrom is just a short-term solution. I can't see Igor going to Chicago...unless he just wants the money

I just want competitive hockey and not pond hockey like they played under Ruff

If they ever had a shorter term plan at goalie than Markstrom being on the 25-26 Devils as a minimum was my point then Shesterkin becomes an intriguing option if he walked was my point. And why wouldn't he like Chicago? They eventually have to start competing when Bedard is young. And no shit, he clearly wants his money as to why this whole thing is happening with NYR and he deserves it lol

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Would love to see the Berube narratives crash and burn hard.
He’s overrated.

He’s probably a decent head coach, but he’s pretty overrated for several aspects. If he were a skinny little dweeby looking guy, who wasn’t a former goon player, even if he still won that cup in St. Louis and came in mid-season when they turned it around, I have a feeling he wouldn’t be jocked as much.

Like if he was Pierre McGuire (let’s pretend the Whalers stint in the 90s never happened) and still had the same results (we can pretend he coached the Flyers 10 years ago lol) I don’t think he would bring as much hype.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
If they ever had a shorter term plan at goalie than Markstrom being on the 25-26 Devils as a minimum was my point then Shesterkin becomes an intriguing option if he walked was my point. And why wouldn't he like Chicago? They eventually have to start competing when Bedard is young. And no shit, he clearly wants his money as to why this whole thing is happening with NYR and he deserves it lol

Chicago is a dumpster (and so are the nyr). Not every player wants to fetch the maximum salary just to rot away. There's a difference between trying to max out UFA money and going to a lottery team and signing for a bit less and going to a competitive team.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Chicago is a dumpster (and so are the nyr). Not every player wants to fetch the maximum salary just to rot away. There's a difference between trying to max out UFA money and going to a lottery team and signing for a bit less and going to a competitive team.

I mean Chicago has been drafting well, there's no reason to think they can't build a contender with Bedard/Shesterkin as your big pieces if they're their players we think they are

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Georgiev isn’t any good.

He’s had one particularly good season in the NHL, a bunch of mediocre seasons as the Rangers 1b or backup, and a bad year last season as the Avs starter.

I’m not at all convinced that he’s any better than a guy like Vitek. Both his floor and ceiling have been higher than Vitek’s, but there’s a whole lot of mediocre in there.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Man that's Pejorative Slured. If the goalie loses his equipment, blow the play dead no matter what. If it's an obvious move to try to end the play, assess a penalty or something. Just so dumb they keep play going with the goalie missing his glove

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
People shit on the Devils so much for going into the year with Vanecek last year but I didn't hear a slight peep about Georgiev being the Avs starter AGAIN lol
He’s had like one good season in the NHL. His first year there. And maybe one decent season with the Rangers. Everything else has been mediocre to bad.

I could see Colorado underachieving because of him. Someone else said that recently on a podcast I was listening to, and cited the goaltending/Georgiev.
Feel like Bleed is gonna have a number of critiques of this knights avs game lmao
Both these goalies who started the game have been poor, but Georgiev has been on par with Korpisalo last night.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boy, these guys were ready to anoint Vancouver as such a great team and literally giving Tocchet the Jack Adams again (some of that is probably because he worked on TNT with them before he took this job) after they went up 4-1 over the Flames of all teams.

Now the Flames have roared all the way back to make it 5-4 lol.

The box score of that game reads close enough to our opening night disaster in 2019 against the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad