OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can stick any goalie in Boston and they’ll have success
This would not at all apply to Korpisalo.

I do believe this to be largely true to a degree. Not that they'd be as good as Swayman, just better than other teams.

However, this does not at all apply to Korpisalo, who has been arguably the worst goalie in the league over the last 10 years since he entered the league. There's been a few goalies worse in the last 3 years, but they haven't been as bad in the last 8 or 9 years or they just haven't been in the league for that many years. He's been having bad years since Blackwood was still a teenager and in his first year in the AHL. He's been having bad years since Martin Jones was still an okay goalie. He's been having bad years long before Grubauer fell off a cliff.

And the proof with Korpisalo is that he more often than not the other goalie on the team normally posts better numbers than him behind the same team. His rookie season in Columbus when Bob had the only really down year of his 20s, other than when he first entered the league. And 22-23 when Merzlikins fell off a cliff. He was even with Anton Forsberg last year. The same Anton Forsberg that's in his 30s and didn't start sticking in the league full time until like 3 years ago.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They actually thought Korpisalo could keep the team afloat with Swayman holding out until December.
I don't think they really thought Swayman wouldn't sign until December. I'm not even convinced Swayman ever thought he wasn't gonna sign by opening night, unless they offered him nothing but a hilariously weak deal.

The fact that they were okay with keeping him the next 4 years, even retained, they're still paying him too much for what he is. The fact they were okay with that is the JOKE.

And are they chanting we want Swayman? I was joking to my friend that it would be funny if they did chant ''We want Swayman!''.

Man, bad rebound by Bob there
He knows he's playing Korpisalo.

He could take a bathroom break and leave the net empty for 10 minutes and probably not be in any trouble with the way Korpisalo has played tonight.

Actually, let me fix that. With the way Korpisalo has played in his NHL career.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Igor is probably looking at how much Korpisalo makes and is thinking ''Well, if the worst goalie in the league is worth like $4 million for the next 3 years after this and 5 years in total, what's that make me worth? I'm not worth more than 3 times as much as him? Connor McDavid makes 3 times more than the worst player in the league''.

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I miss Boqvist :(

Liked his speed in the bottom 6. Seems like he's a guy that just accepted he'd be a bottom 6 guy at this level and embraced it.

You hit it on the head, but don't start this, my weakness. I'll have to post a bring back Bo message....

And will be sad knowing we won't have him back.

Reactions: Devs3cups

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So do they chant? "Utah hockey"....."Utah hockey".... That's what I'd do

i'd laugh

ulaugh.png

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL @ Blackhawks vs Hockey Club

I mean, I figured they'd be playing a hockey club. They're not gonna play a football or baseball club? They're not gonna play a golf club? I'd hope they play a hockey club.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
year two begins

i've never seen any goals, assists, highlights, replays, interviews of bedard.....i delete threads without reading them...

all i've seen is two games vs the devils...the first he was invisible...the second, smith made him really disappear :nod:

...so, enjoy the game everyone....i'm out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad