OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Most of the goals on Bob didn’t look bad, but just go back to that save Igor made on Tkachuk with 24 seconds or whatever left in regulation.

That was at least as good of a chance as two of those close in goals on Bob earlier in the game.

Igor also made a save in the 3rd period when it was 4-4 on a one timer (I wish I could remember who it was that he stopped) that looked kind of like the short handed goal from Goodrow.

Igor also faced probably 8-10 more left scoring chances than Bob while allowing one fewer goal.

Bob played like a 35 year old approaching the twilight today. Igor did not.

After Barkov didn't bury the chance in OT off the face-off to start, I knew the Rags would just wait till the horseshoe came up. That was Verhaeghe

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Hopefully the rangers run ends similarly to just about every other team that’s ever rode the coat tails of the goalie deep into the playoffs…just shy of actually winning the whole thing.

The problem is, there isn't really any other team like 2003. The Rangers are the Ducks. There's no Devils. Maybe Dallas, but I don't think Oettinger turns the favor at all with how good Shesterkin is.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m gonna guess Bob was probably about a -3.50 GSAx after this one.

He was sitting at a -3.11 when it was 4-2 and I’m not even sure he faced 8 shots between goals 4 and 5.

Close. It’s saying -3.32

Igor was a -0.11

Not a good game from him. He hasn’t had the most impressive playoffs.

Reactions: My3Sons

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
And if Edmonton LOSES game 3 tomorrow night I'm still saying they win the series.

I'm not giving them little to no chance of winning the series like I am with the Panthers after losing games 2 and 3. I never picked the Panthers to win this anyway.

Their goalie isn't very good anymore, despite having a pretty good season and a very good playoffs (for ONCE!) a year ago.

Their coach is someone that should have been left behind in Hartford when he was a young man back in 1997. He's a better comedian than he is a head coach. I'm sure he'll crack a few jokes after this one. Tune in.

And they just made a deep run last year and they're probably feeling the effects from that. Sucks for them because I think this is their last chance for a while. I think they'll probably be one of those teams like Boston has been since 2020, where they make the playoffs, but never much of a threat for much else. They're about to lose Reinhart (probably) and some other guys too? Bobrovsky is gonna be 36 and they still have 2 more years left of his $10 million dollar cap hit or whatever it is. And they aren't hiring a better coach after Paulie Eyes just went to a cup finals and a conference finals again in his first two years there.
I still thought Florida was the best chance to stop the Rangers. I also thought Bob would play better then he has after that first game in NY🙄

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After Barkov didn't bury the chance in OT off the face-off to start, I knew the Rags would just wait till the horseshoe came up. That was Verhaeghe
There was a huge rebound on that one that no one got to.

I still thought Florida was the best chance to stop the Rangers. I also thought Bob would play better then he has after that first game in NY🙄
They were the best chance in the East.

I’m now starting to believe Boston wouldn’t have fared any worse with the way Swayman has played.

Bob has almost been a continuation of Andersen.

He hasn’t been quite that bad though. No weird dead angle goals with his team up by 2 in the 3rd period to start a comeback lol.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean, this series is not over. Florida can easily win the next 2 to force on NYR on the brink. Bob just needs to get his head out of his ass.
If they lose game 4 I think this series is not coming back to Florida.

They could be alright if they win game 4 though.

Lose game 4 and that’s it for them.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

I think that's just more the idea that you can't beat Shesterkin 3 straight times, Carolina proved that a more mentally stable team could've done it. I think Florida trounces them Tuesday and we end up with a BO3 for the East.

Reactions: Bleedred

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I’m gonna guess Bob was probably about a -3.50 GSAx after this one.

He was sitting at a -3.11 when it was 4-2 and I’m not even sure he faced 8 shots between goals 4 and 5.

Close. It’s saying -3.32

Igor was a -0.11

Not a good game from him. He hasn’t had the most impressive playoffs.
More of an indictment on the xG stat then on Bob. 1.8 xG's? 2 were deflections. Goodrow's shorty was an incredible post and in. They had a bullet one timer that went top corner, and laf's breakaway backhander was beauty.

All HQ goals for. Nothing that even resembled a softy.

Certainly in dire straights if they go down 3-1. But in hockey it can be done.

I think that's just more the idea that you can't beat Shesterkin 3 straight times, Carolina proved that a more mentally stable team could've done it. I think Florida trounces them Tuesday and we end up with a BO3 for the East.
Ya this.

Not so sure about Tuesday though, I mean, they "trounced" them today, but to no avail. They could "trounce" them and eek out a squeaker.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
More of an indictment on the xG stat then on Bob. 1.8 xG's? 2 were deflections. Goodrow's shorty was an incredible post and in. They had a bullet one timer that went top corner, and laf's breakaway backhander was beauty.

Ya this.

Not so sure about Tuesday though, I mean, they "trounced" them today, but to no avail. They could "trounce" them and eek out a squeaker.

Fair but I think the urgency will be way more on Florida's side knowing that down 3-1 is probably wraps but the Rags would be ok with a split, we saw the Panthers running around a bit in the beginning of game 2 knowing that they had the split.

Reactions: devilsblood

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Ya this.

Not so sure about Tuesday though, I mean, they "trounced" them today, but to no avail. They could "trounce" them and eke out a squeaker.
Goalies stop deflections. Bob probably stopped one or two today. Igor certainly stopped some.

And they had a couple of goals on Bob that were about as good of chances as Tkachuk with under a minute left in regulation.

And Igor made a save on a similar one timer when the game was tied 4-4 to the shot that was a goal from Goodrow on Bob.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most of the goals didn’t look bad, but sometimes you gotta stop a breakaway (goal 1) and goal 4 looks to go right through him and in. Wasn’t a terrible goal, but certainly one I think he could have had.

If he stops just one of those two.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rempe played 4 mins? Yikes. That's a message.
SHHHHH

At some point he's going to cost them a game, so hopefully they leave him in there. He makes them worse and takes up a spot where they could be icing someone that's at least a bit more competent.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I don't even read the Rangers forum, most of the time. If I do, I have a purpose to go there. I wanna see their thoughts on something related to their team. I'm actually about to take a lurk at the Panthers to see what they're saying about Bobrovsky after this game.

But I do know there are some here that seem to enjoy to lurk their board when they lose to enjoy their misery, so it goes both ways.

I don't really care about them too much. If they win the cup then they win the cup. It won't be the worst thing that's happened to me in the last decade.

I do notice one poster in here a lot. I won't say their name, but every time I look at the posters viewing this thread after Rangers games I somehow notice their name in here.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don't wanna read any longing for Kulikov after this one. He was literally their worst player. Worse than Bob.

Every year there's calls to bring him back. I could just be imagining this, but I remember a conversation at some point between the day he was traded (or maybe right before it) and a couple of years ago where it was suggested that we sign him for 4 years or something like that. Or that we should have signed him for 4 years? We'd still have one more left of that lol. I even think there was calls for Ryan Murray to get a 3 year deal at the time. Who? Right? I don't even know if Ryan Murray still walks the face of the earth anymore.

With how long he's been in the league for, he's gotta be about 34 or 35 by now? I think he's from the Stamkos/Tedenby/Carlson/Henrique draft of 2008.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Goalies stop deflections. Bob probably stopped one or two today. Igor certainly stopped some.

And they had a couple of goals on Bob that were about as good of chances as Tkachuk with under a minute left in regulation.

And Igor made a save on a similar one timer when the game was tied 4-4 to the shot that was a goal from Goodrow on Bob.
Not all deflections are the same.

I mean could Bob have made a spectacular save somewhere along the way? I guess. Is he not as good as Shesterkin? No, and this is my bigger point.

Bob was not bad in any way today. Not today, nor in the loss on Friday, giving up one goal(a back door slam dunk) in regulation. Obviously he pitched a lightly worked shut out in game 1, so no issues there either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad