OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There were years where wennberg wouldn't have been a big enough "name" for them to even look at. Guys like him and Goodrow playing hero is something
There is always some relative nobody that becomes a playoff god. They don’t matter if Shesterkin doesn’t save their bacon. And with the hard salary cap every team has some Wennbergs. Just my thoughts I’m not saying you are wrong.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I think Edmonton will beat them.

If Dallas wins that round? All bets are off.

That said, Dallas will be a bigger threat to them than anybody they've played so far. I think Oettinger is still the best goalie they will have played these playoffs. Better than Ryan's brother from the Capitals 34 year old Andersen and 35 year old Bobrovsky.

I think Edmonton can and will outgun them, despite the inferior goalie.

This isn't wishful thinking or a cope for me. I've been picking the Rangers to win every round so far. The only shocking thing is that I thought this would go 7. It still can go 7, but it looks like it could be over in 5 or 6. I'm getting vibes from the Colorado/Winnipeg series where Colorado won out the series after losing game 1.

I don't trust Skinner one bit in that damn series, idk how you can but I get the logic. Trouba will probably elbow McDavid or Drai out of the series too

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
For the 100th time, they've gotten better 5v5 as a whole under Lavi for when they've been made deep runs with even worse 5v5 teams + they have the best goalie in the world and the best special teams units in the league. It's not exactly rocket science how they're here.

The Canes are mental midgets, Florida legit came back from more in this one game than the Canes dealt with that entire series. Canes had leads in every game going into the third they lost I'm pretty sure.

"gotten better 5 on 5"

they've been absolutely cratered at 5 on 5 in these playoffs lol their 5 on 5 CF in the playoffs is 806-643 coming INTO today.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
For the 100th time, they've gotten better 5v5 as a whole under Lavi for when they've been made deep runs with an even worse 5v5 team+ they have the best goalie in the world and the best special teams units in the league. It's not exactly rocket science how they're here.
maybe it’s improved but it’s still ass…they got f***ing dominated in this game. For the 100th time…I don’t give a crap about their goalie or special teams…they might win it all but let’s not pretend they wouldn’t be an aberration in the history of cup champions over the last several decades. Just about every team that makes a run on the back of a goalie and/or special teams eventually comes up short, even if it’s all the way in the final.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And if Edmonton LOSES game 3 tomorrow night I'm still saying they win the series.

I'm not giving them little to no chance of winning the series like I am with the Panthers after losing games 2 and 3. I never picked the Panthers to win this anyway.

Their goalie isn't very good anymore, despite having a pretty good season and a very good playoffs (for ONCE!) a year ago.

Their coach is someone that should have been left behind in Hartford when he was a young man back in 1997. He's a better comedian than he is a head coach. I'm sure he'll crack a few jokes after this one. Tune in.

And they just made a deep run last year and they're probably feeling the effects from that. Sucks for them because I think this is their last chance for a while. I think they'll probably be one of those teams like Boston has been since 2020, where they make the playoffs, but never much of a threat for much else. They're about to lose Reinhart (probably) and some other guys too? Bobrovsky is gonna be 36 and they still have 2 more years left of his $10 million dollar cap hit or whatever it is. And they aren't hiring a better coach after Paulie Eyes just went to a cup finals and a conference finals again in his first two years there.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Also regarding Edmonton do they played the rangers…the idea that mcdavid will be four wins away from finally getting his cup but is gonna be denied by a team consisting of shitbags like Trouba and Rempe and who are mid AF outside of the goalie and special teams…seems totally bonkers to me. f*** that.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
"gotten better 5 on 5"

they've been absolutely cratered at 5 on 5 in these playoffs lol their 5 on 5 CF in the playoffs is 806-643 coming INTO today.

That's still better of the Rags teams of the past, they were usually bottom 5-10. They were towards the middle of the league this year. I never said they were great 5v5.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't trust Skinner one bit in that damn series, idk how you can but I get the logic. Trouba will probably elbow McDavid or Drai out of the series too
Dallas seems like another Carolina/Florida type of team, though I think they're better than those teams, so I give them a better chance than Carolina or Florida.

Oettinger is also the best goalie they will have faced in these playoffs. It's not 2018 anymore. Bob isn't that good. Neither is Andersen anymore. These guys are senior citizens in net at this point.

Bob had a good regular season, he had a good playoffs a year ago. The first in his career. He's no longer an elite goalie. He never has been in Florida. He's had two good years (21-22 and 23-24) one pretty good playoffs (2023) and 3 other years of meh there. People think he's really good still because of what he used to be and making a cup finals last year certainly helps.

Bob in 2024 is kind of like Lundqvist by the late 10s.

Skinner has been horrible, but I still think Skinner is a better goalie than his playoff career has been so far.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
maybe it’s improved but it’s still ass…they got f***ing dominated in this game. For the 100th time…I don’t give a crap about their goalie or special teams…they might win it all but let’s not pretend they wouldn’t be an aberration in the history of cup champions over the last several decades. Just about every team that makes a run on the back of a goalie and/or special teams eventually comes up short, even if it’s all the way in the final.

No they're pretty team of destiny as the definition fits, everyone has said that here. Their own fans realize that their team isn't sustainable. There's no reason to cry over spilled milk, the Rags won't be a copycat team for teams around the league for sustainable success. The Avs, Panthers Stars and other teams are way better examples to win 2-3 cups, not just one on an insane run like NYR is having.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And if Edmonton LOSES game 3 tomorrow night I'm still saying they win the series.

I'm not giving them little to no chance of winning the series like I am with the Panthers after losing games 2 and 3. I never picked the Panthers to win this anyway.

Their goalie isn't very good anymore, despite having a pretty good season and a very good playoffs (for ONCE!) a year ago.

Their coach is someone that should have been left behind in Hartford when he was a young man back in 1997. He's a better comedian than he is a head coach. I'm sure he'll crack a few jokes after this one. Tune in.

And they just made a deep run last year and they're probably feeling the effects from that. Sucks for them because I think this is their last chance for a while. I think they'll probably be one of those teams like Boston has been since 2020, where they make the playoffs, but never much of a threat for much else. They're about to lose Reinhart (probably) and some other guys too? Bobrovsky is gonna be 36 and they still have 2 more years left of his $10 million dollar cap hit or whatever it is. And they aren't hiring a better coach after Paulie Eyes just went to a cup finals and a conference finals again in his first two years there.

I would still trust Florida more than Edmonton down in a series, Stars getting games without Hintz is big for them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ain’t over yet but game 4 is a must win for the Panthers.

Assuming the Stars get Hintz back, I’d feel much more comfortable with them against the Rangers than the Oilers. Edmonton scares me. Not saying they couldn’t win but I think Dallas is the more complete team with superior goaltending.
Fair enough. I just get Florida/Carolina vibes from Dallas.

Though they have a better goalie, but even he's had a couple of memorable duds these playoffs.

But he's also 10 years younger than Andersen and Bob, who at this stage are like the 90s version of Kiss that went on their (first of many) farewell tour lol.

Reactions: longislanddevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One other thing that hurts Florida

Their game 5 no-show against Boston or whatever happened there, there shouldn't have been a game 6.

That's probably not even hurting them yet, but it will. The Rangers probably shouldn't have had to go 6 against Carolina when they were up 3-1, but they had a bit of a cushion after breezing through the Craps in round one. Florida didn't have that. They had a Lightning team that took them to 5 and also had Vasilevskiy low key outplaying Bob.

There were times in that Boston series that Florida teased that they could lose that series. They were pretty close to losing game 6 and needing 7 for that one.

I mean, if they're just gonna lose in 5 to the Rangers, they may as well have just pissed the Bruins series away. They probably would have lasted 5 against the Rangers too and would have gotten better goaltending while doing it.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fair enough. I just get Florida/Carolina vibes from Dallas.

Though they have a better goalie, but even he's had a couple of memorable duds these playoffs.

But he's also 10 years younger than Andersen and Bob, who at this stage are like the 90s version of Kiss that went on their (first of many) farewell tour lol.

They're basically the 11-12 Devils with a better roster which is the obvious comparison with Pete DeBoer as coach but that's who I see in them. With how the Rangers are elite finishers, you'd also want the better goalie out of the West

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Hate to say it, but sometimes you can just see destiny brewing in front of your eyes. This is just absurd. It started when they got Washington in round 1 instead of a red hot Penguins team or the Islanders. Either of those first rounds would've been much tougher and that sets the tone for everything else to come.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Great goaltending timely goal scoring and secondary goal scoring is how to win in the playoffs. I get everyone is big on the stars out west but this series is for the cup imo

Reactions: Jack Hanson

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Hate to say it, but sometimes you can just see destiny brewing in front of your eyes. This is just absurd. It started when they got Washington in round 1 instead of a red hot Penguins team or the Islanders. Either of those first rounds would've been much tougher when sets the tone for everything else to come.

I think everyone knew that they'd sweep or beat the Caps in 5. The Penguins or us (if we got a goalie) were their worst matchups, both missed and they got the worst playoff team I've ever seen.

Camille the Eel

Live by overtime wins and die by them. Florida. OT’s got them to the finals last year and now OT losses may cost them this series.

A market correction for sure but I don’t know historically how many teams win a series where they lose twice in OT.

This is a very evenly matched series. I think the Rangers must have the confidence edge right now. After the comeback this is a crushing loss for Florida.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most of the goals on Bob didn’t look bad, but just go back to that save Igor made on Tkachuk with 24 seconds or whatever left in regulation.

That was at least as good of a chance as two of those close in goals on Bob earlier in the game.

Igor also made a save in the 3rd period when it was 4-4 on a one timer (I wish I could remember who it was that he stopped) that looked kind of like the short handed goal from Goodrow.

Igor also faced probably 8-10 more left scoring chances than Bob while allowing one fewer goal.

Bob played like a 35 year old approaching the twilight today. Igor did not.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad