OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Is this something people actually worry about?

Man I wish my life was that peachy lol
When throughout my day I see a shit ton of Rag fans sporting their merch, yeah it is something that bothers me.

When Rags fan invade our arena, it bothers me. I doubt our players enjoy it.

I mean if history wants to repeat and we win next year and 2 more cups after that, fine lol
This is true, and something I considered when writing that post.

But how do we sign up for that guarantee?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I'll also add that if we're worried about losing fans to the Rags because they are winning playoff rounds, that should be something held against the Devils org for not doing the same. Take care of your own business and you don't have to wonder about the losers across the river poaching our fanbase.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Only 10 allowed.

Goaltending perhaps? Anyone, anyone?
Sure maybe a little bit but let’s not act like shesterkin is making high quality saves here.

You can toss 50 shots from Ronald McDonald land all day you still aren’t going to score much

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
When throughout my day I see a shit ton of Rag fans sporting their merch, yeah it is something that bothers me.

When Rags fan invade our arena, it bothers me. I doubt our players enjoy it.

Maybe it'll make this franchise take envy and make smart decisions to get back there. They're an elite team this year with the best goalie in the league, shit happens.

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'll also add that if we're worried about losing fans to the Rags because they are winning playoff rounds, that should be something held against the Devils org for not doing the same. Take care of your own business and you don't have to wonder about the losers across the river poaching our fanbase.
I won't argue against this.

But I still feel intense displeasure when the rag's win.

Sure maybe a little bit but let’s not act like shesterkin is making high quality saves here.

You can toss 50 shots from Ronald McDonald land all day you still aren’t going to score much
So Rag's are playing well enough at 5v5 then?

Seems people want to say the Rag's stink, AND Shesterkin is not making a difference.

Can't have it both ways.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Shesterkin is honestly maybe the best goalie I’ve ever watched. I didn’t get to watch prime Brodeur but he’s definitely better than Lundqvist.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

It's a double edged sword for me: If there's more die hard hockey fans that were once casual Devils fans then it helps the sport but yeah I do agree with your premise that the Devils have to make people want to stay around for this core.

Shesterkin is honestly maybe the best goalie I’ve ever watched. I didn’t get to watch prime Brodeur but he’s definitely better than Lundqvist.

Ya, I'd probably agree. I told my Rags buddies that Shesty will end up being better than Hank when it's all settled, it's looking like that will be the case.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
This is weird looking to be honest lol

View attachment 868154
It feels like they have to get a funky goal that goes through traffic or a tip in order to score most of the time. It’s great to be able to get those over the course of a season but there’s a reason they always seem to peter out at some point in the playoffs. That junk isn’t gonna fly against a goalie as good as Igor.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I picked Florida to come out of the East and Dallas to win it all. As the playoffs have unfolded I think Colorado is my alternate choice.

The Rags figure skating their way to victory over a team that didn't even belong in the dance and another team whose idea of offense is to play keep away with the puck and then fling muffins towards the goalie, is not going to convince me that they are the real deal. They'll have to prove it against those other teams.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe it'll make this franchise take envy and make smart decisions to get back there. They're an elite team this year with the best goalie in the league, shit happens.
Or make them do desperate things to stay relevant.

Tbh though this is one of the rare seasons where the Rangers winning wouldn’t bother me TOO much, out of pure spite for the crap the Devils put out there this season on and off ice, if there’s ever one season where they deserved the embarrassment of the Rangers winning a Cup while their asses were at home…

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
A big part of what made Marty great was his puck handling.

I thought Hasek was the better save maker.

I think Hank was a level below those guys.

Don't think Shesterkin has earned his way in yet, but he could.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Or make them do desperate things to stay relevant.

Tbh though this is one of the rare seasons where the Rangers winning wouldn’t bother me, out of pure spite for the crap the Devils put out there this season on and off ice, if there’s ever one season where they deserved the embarrassment of the Rangers winning a Cup while their asses were at home…

Right, that's the counter. And eh, the players don't give a shit. Most of them will probably be happy for the Rags guys actually, these guys don't hold the rivalry like the fans do unless it's players who grew up in it from childhood. The management will 100% be irate if NYR wins it especially after just beating them last year in the playoffs and the supposed trajectory of the two teams that was being spouted. I still think we'll be fine. I know we're both NY Jets fans so we dealt with the Patriots so maybe we're more used to with our rivals winning but it would still suck for sure after the year we had lol

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad