OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I remember a stat from a year or two that teams that swept actually had the lowest winrate in their next series. Quick check and over the past 30 years teams who sweep are 25-28 in their next round. Also, a friend of mine who is a Rags fan feels the same way and doesn't think they've played at near their best

I said that on the main board and got blasted for it as expected

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can remember instances where a team swept the first round and then got swept the next round.

I can’t remember off the top of my head what teams exactly, but I think the Islanders were one of the more recent examples. Didn’t they sweep Pittsburgh in round one and then got swept by Carolina in round two back in 2019?

I remember the Sharks sweeping Anaheim in 2018, only to go out next round to Vegas.

I don’t think the Rangers are getting swept, though Carolina should be able to beat them if Andersen stays healthy and plays every game and doesn’t fall apart.

Carolina needs to end this tonight. The nicest thing I can say about the Islanders is they aren’t as bad as the Capitals.

Looks like they aren’t playing tonight. That game 5 is tomorrow night.

Carolina needs to get rid of them in game 5. Flush them tomorrow night.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I can remember instances where a team swept the first round and then got swept the next round.

I can’t remember off the top of my head what teams exactly, but I think the Islanders were one of the more recent examples. Didn’t they sweep Pittsburgh in round one and then got swept by Carolina in round two back in 2019?

I remember the Sharks sweeping Anaheim in 2018, only to go out next round to Vegas.

I don’t think the Rangers are getting swept, though Carolina should be able to beat them if Andersen stays healthy and plays every game and doesn’t fall apart.

Carolina needs to end this tonight. The nicest thing I can say about the Islanders is they aren’t as bad as the Capitals.

Looks like they aren’t playing tonight. That game 5 is tomorrow night.

Carolina needs to get rid of them in game 5. Flush them tomorrow night.
That's correct, and then Carolina swept them and proceeded to get swept by Boston in the ECF. Winnipeg did it in 2021 as well

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's correct, and then Carolina swept them and proceeded to get swept by Boston in the ECF. Winnipeg did it in 2021 as well
I remember Winnipeg sweeping Edmonton. I can’t think of who they got swept by next round. Someone in the all Canadian division. Montreal? Yeah, that’s who it was. Had to look that up.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Man, the Rangers next opponent is gunna be relatively easy too and in the ECF, whoever comes out as winner in the other half is gunna be pretty banged up. Much tougher series over there.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Man, the Rangers next opponent is gunna be relatively easy too and in the ECF, whoever comes out as winner in the other half is gunna be pretty banged up. Much tougher series over there.

Assuming Carolina and Boston advance, I would consider Carolina as the tougher opponent.

However, regardless I think the Rangers have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the East.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I think the Rangers are clearly the 3rd best team in the East. I think to make it to the final they're gonna have to beat the Canes and then the Panthers and they should (imo) be slight to solid underdogs in both series.

Them kicking the shit out of the worst playoff team in decades doesn't meaningfully change my pre-playoff priors.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Somebody please ask PK’s broken stick (who has me blocked for bashing our goalies, unless they’ve since unblocked me) how the Rangers next opponent is gonna be “relatively easy”? Carolina? Really? They even took the Rangers to 7 with Antti Raanta and had them on the ropes 3 games to 2 until Raanta choked game 6 away.

Unless this person thinks the Islanders are actually coming back to reverse sweep Carolina.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
2 more seasons at least are necessary. Maybe even 3 at the rate he is declining? It’s starting to feel like the end of Alex Rodriguez’s baseball career.
He was fine in the second half. As I understand he has some injury issues and was much better after the rest. Death of his father effected him too. He is human still.
65 points is a good "declining". 31 goals is more than any Devils forward has. Small people like the fall of big Individuals, but after the "all stars game" break it does look like that people should wait a little bit more.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He was fine in the second half. As I understand he has some injury issues and was much better after the rest. Death of his father effected him too. He is human still.
65 points is a good "declining". 31 goals is more than any Devils forward has. Small people like the fall of big Individuals, but after the "all stars game" break it does look like that people should wait a little bit more.
So realistically it's probably a two year slog for him to break Gretzky's record. His contract runs for three so he almost certainly plays it out.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
So realistically it's probably a two year slog for him to break Gretzky's record. His contract runs for three so he almost certainly plays it out.
Its reasonable to wait for two years. Even if head and arms are there, he is losing speed. Of course its much better for him to not play with Kuznetsov, caps will try to develop their young players as a main target, so I don't think they will spend their money for a better playmaker for Ovechkin.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Its reasonable to wait for two years. Even if head and arms are there, he is losing speed. Of course its much better for him to not play with Kuznetsov, caps will try to develop their young players as a main target, so I don't think they will spend their money for a better playmaker for Ovechkin.
At this point they probably do want to keep him happy for next year. The following year he will be so close to the record the team can move on from him in terms of play style and roster makeup and just let him play most of the time on power plays to gather whatever goals he needs. Depending upon when he breaks the record does he quietly ask for a trade to a contender if the team starts to deteriorate over the next couple of seasons?

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
At this point they probably do want to keep him happy for next year. The following year he will be so close to the record the team can move on from him in terms of play style and roster makeup and just let him play most of the time on power plays to gather whatever goals he needs. Depending upon when he breaks the record does he quietly ask for a trade to a contender if the team starts to deteriorate over the next couple of seasons?
I think he doesn't want to be traded, he doesn't look like a real big asset bait in the trade, but who knows. I would prefer to see him and Crosby as career capital and penguin.
Personally I hate what Brodeur did. I don't velive that Lou would not give him backup opportunity. Overall Brodeur doesn't make impression of a good person on me.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I think he doesn't want to be traded, he doesn't look like a real big asset bait in the trade, but who knows. I would prefer to see him and Crosby as career capital and penguin.
Personally I hate what Brodeur did. I don't velive that Lou would not give him backup opportunity. Overall Brodeur doesn't make impression of a good person on me.
Some guys just can't let it go. Maybe in Brodeur's case he thought he could find a way to get to 700 wins? I can understand him wanting to chase that.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Some guys just can't let it go. Maybe in Brodeur's case he thought he could find a way to get to 700 wins? I can understand him wanting to chase that.
I believe he could achieve it as a backup in Devils organisation. Anyway we live with what we are living with.
I just hope that Marty doesn't stay in the line behind Fitz.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Lou will sign them both and play them.on the same line!

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lmao, what the f*** is this even supposed to mean?
It's pretty simple what it means.

It means Brunette can't coach in the playoffs because his Panthers (who had little playoff experience at the time) couldn't not get swept by a Tampa team that was en route to their third straight finals and had just come off back to back cups. And he can't coach because this Predators team that's sooooooo good can't beat the Canucks lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the Oilers and Avalanche are better than the Rangers. I think those two teams might be better than anyone in the East.

Vegas is a wild card. And I don’t mean by seeding or the standings. I mean they can go either way if healthy.

Dallas is good, they’re just older. One of those two is definitely has to go out this round.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
It's pretty simple what it means.

It means Brunette can't coach in the playoffs because his Panthers (who had little playoff experience at the time) couldn't not get swept by a Tampa team that was en route to their third straight finals and had just come off back to back cups. And he can't coach because this Predators team that's sooooooo good can't beat the Canucks lol.

It was a weird playoffs for that team. They should have been down 3-1 against Washington, but scored with the goalie pulled and won in OT in game 4. They did impressively gut out wins in games 5 and 6.

They got stonewalled by Vasilevsky in round 2. They scored 3 goals total in 4 games but outshot Tampa every game

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00