OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Holy shit the whining about officials drives me insane.

Yes, there was a huge push from the league to have f***ing Florida in the finals over NEW YORK. Yes, that makes so much sense.

It's absolute horse shit. Rags are a fraud team who were riding on their goalie and special teams.
I think the real issue with officiating in the playoffs is just how lame it is overall. I'm sure every team's fans suddenly realize they are inconsistently letting infractions go all the time and then almost randomly calling a touch foul. That looks suspicious when you see it for the first time, then you realize it's just the officials doing their best to slow the game down and make it a boring slog.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Brooks is a f***ing moron. Rempe and Trouba is all I'll say about the rags. Caitlin Clark? Um, Larry you f***ing turd, how about addressing WHY Clark is getting the shit beat out of her game after game. Go after the culprits.
Not to go so OT, but the discourse around Caitlin is insane. The girl is bringing millions to the WNBA, it’s probably more popular than ever, and all the cranky vets are just oozing jealousy. And Caitlin has taken it all in stride.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
This is one of the most interesting cup finals matchups In a while.

Tampa/Colorado was a fun one, but I haven’t really been that interested in one in quite a while.

I don’t know who to pick. I’ve been touting the Oilers the entire playoffs and for a year now.

Florida needs it more. I think this is their best chance. I expect Edmonton can potentially be somewhat of a cup final staple for some years to come.

If he weren’t such a lousy goalie in his two playoffs in his career it wouldn’t be such a shocker. He’s a decent regular season goalie.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him screw them again though. I was waiting for it again in this series.
Lets complete the daily double Rangers out Canadians out 👍

Keep crying

Don't know maybe Brooks should ask Trouba that question🤭

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Part of me thinks Florida is gonna win this and this is their year, while the Oilers are back again next year. Like when Sid and the boys went to the finals in 08 and lost, before returning back to the finals the very next year and winning. I think the Oilers have a better shot of coming back to win it next year than the Panthers do if they don't win it this year. So I wouldn't mind seeing Florida win it this year.

But I've been picking the Oilers every round. I didn't even waver when they were down 3-2 against Vancouver and Skinner was looking really bad.

I've been pumping Edmonton since last year as a legit cup threat because of McDrai. Even if they lose they will still continue to be a legit cup threat for years to come because of those two. And I don't think they're really a threat to leave there since they're now making cup finals and they've been in the conference finals 2 of the last 3 years.

Part of me wants to not see Ken Holland get another cup as GM, because the guy is the most overachieving, and probably the most over-compiling GM in league history. And since he almost definitely won't be GM next year, this is his last chance to win another. If anybody hires him to be GM or POHO after this, I don't think it's gonna be a team that's a legit contender.

I see no reason to deviate now. I'm gonna say Oilers in 7. I don't really have a horse in this one though. I'd be more than fine with Florida winning it. I don't think it's their last chance for a long time, but I don't think they'll be back here in the finals next year. I think they could be not quite as good of a team next year if they lose guys (Reinhart) to the cap.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Definitely one of the more exciting final matchups in recent memory. I liked 2019 a lot and 2022 too, but this feels like a pretty even matchup. Best offensive forward vs best defensive forward. No superstar goalies so could be high scoring games. Canada curse. Florida back-to-back finals.

I'm rooting for Edmonton, but dont really mind Florida winning. Go Rico!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
They didn't even show the teams coming out, instead we get a video with all his white gloves on his table, espn blows

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Locked in

1717892305940.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad