OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pierre just called Rick Tocchet one of the best coaches there is and said he's in the upper echelon.

Smoke crack much?

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Avalanche vs Senators: 4 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Nilsson, no chance on either.

Bruins vs Flyers: 4 goals against Halak, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Hart, no chance on any. How the f*** does Halak still have a .920%? Anyone who wants to argue save percentage means shit, then talk about Halak. Guy has been great on paper, but is a sieve on the eye test. What a trash pale.

Sabres vs Flames: 3 goals against Ullmark, no chance on any. 4 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. Bad OT winner on Rittich. He's another guy like Halak who is being flattered by a high save percentage. Guy looks like most of the goalies down in the .900-.905% range on the eye test and not .917%.

Oilers vs Canucks: 2 goals against Koskinen, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Coyotes: 4 goals against Dell, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable.

So that's 31 goals scored on goalies tonight, 8 are stoppable. That's around 26% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .896% tonight.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Mr. ''My save percentage looks great, but I give up a lot of softies and have one of the highest percentages of them in the league'' Halak and this garbage goal, which was the game winner for the Flyers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Devils vs Islanders: 3 goals against Blackwood, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Lehner, no chance.

Blues vs Bruins: 4 goals against Allen, no chance on any. 2 goals against Rask, no chance on either. Even Jake Allen can allow all those goals in a game and have no chance on any once in a while.

Blackhawks vs Rangers: 3 goals against Delia, no chance on any. 3 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on any. The goal with a second left in regulation was kind of borderline, but it was a one timer.

Maple Leafs vs Lightning: 2 goals against Andersen, no chance on either. 3 goals against Vasilevskiy, 1 stoppable.

Predators vs Jets: 5 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance.

Ducks vs Wild: 3 goals against Stalock, 2 stoppable. Gibson gets the shutout.

Kings vs Stars: 1 goal against Campbell, no chance. 2 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable. I'm trying to not nail Bishop on so many goals, but he makes it too hard. Flubbed a puck out of his glove and it caused a rebound for an easy goal. The initial shot was a bit deflected though. Probably not softy of the night for that reason, but still stoppable.

So that's 33 goals scored on goalies tonight, 6 were stoppable. That's 18% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. Pretty low percentage. Combined save percentages were .917%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I nailed Stalock on that weird deflection goal from Gibbons because he played that like a Chico Resch standup goalie from 1983. That's why he's a scrub, because he's just an awfully technically unsound goalie. He probably also allows a lot of goals that don't look stoppable, but hit other goalies due to how awful he plays. Stay the f*** away from scrub Shero. He was a liability his last year with the Sharks and almost unplayable. Beyond surprised he found his way back into the league full time again.

3 goals on 8 shots and that was it for him tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is Brendan Lemieux with this wraparound goal on Pekka Rinne

Camille the Eel

Isles over Caps - take over 1st for the moment. Meanwhile Toronto caught in the standings or nearly by Montreal.

Montreal is probably the most surprising of everyone to my pre-season thinking. In beating Columbus tonight Price was superb. Amazing just how far he comes out of his net to challenge the shooters. 3 feet beyond the top of his crease tonight at times to take the angle. Tatar scores twice on Korpisalo. How long will they keep Bobrovsky on the bench after whatever happened to piss off Torts? And Torts looking highly incensed, doing one of his talking to himself and making faces things during tonight’s loss too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isles over Caps - take over 1st for the moment. Meanwhile Toronto caught in the standings or nearly by Montreal.

Montreal is probably the most surprising of everyone to my pre-season thinking. In beating Columbus tonight Price was superb. Amazing just how far he comes out of his net to challenge the shooters. 3 feet beyond the top of his crease tonight at times to take the angle. Tatar scores twice on Korpisalo. How long will they keep Bobrovsky on the bench after whatever happened to piss off Torts? And Torts looking highly incensed, doing one of his talking to himself and making faces things during tonight’s loss too.
Toronto lost ground when Andersen got injured.

Think goaltending doesn't hurt you? Hutchinson punted quite a few games for them. Amdersen just came back the other night and has only played two games since. One of them was a win over TB, but another was a loss to Colorado, who had their only win in like the last 10 or 11 games that night.

That's the difference between a good goalie like Andersen and a SCRUB like AHL Hutchinson.

But Toronto was also due for a regression. They're shooting way above average and goaltending is quite a bit above average even with their only good goalie being out since before Christmas, up until 4 nights ago.

Andersen has been one of the best goalies in the league on my eye count and has a .923% save percentage to back it up. 16 stoppable goals on 80 allowed. Him and John Gibson have the lowest percentage among starters on my count. Hutchinson has been dreadful with 10 stoppable goals on 27 allowed and an .887% save percentage. Some of that was in Florida though. He had a .914% and one shutout with Toronto. His only wins with Toronto was his random shutout and against us.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I said back in October-November that the Islanders were this year's version of the that unsustainable team that either fades out down the stretch, or makes the playoffs this year and regresses next year.

To their credit, they have been legit better the last two months or so, but are in first place because they're still high on their PDO bender from the very beginning of the year. They've been a solid team the last several months, but their unsustainable start has them bolstered up at the top of the standings right now.

It looks like Buffalo that might be the team that fades out after the hot start.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man, I hope the Canucks make the playoffs. It's gonna be a tough battle, but I think they have decent odds when their competition is Minnesota, Arizona, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton and John Gibson.

I think John Gibson will probably be their toughest challenge to beat out and a couple of those teams can also make the playoffs if they do anyway.

The Pettersson stuff will be out of control, but they really need him back, as they really need his help right now.

The problem for the Canucks is everyone has games in hand on them.

The Tocchet's are 4 points behind them with 2 games in hand, Edmonton is one point behind them with 2 games in hand, same with Minnesota, Gibson is one point behind them with 2 games in hand. Dallas is tied with them in point with one game in hand. Colorado are tied in points with 2 games in hand.

Let's help them out by beating Gibson tomorrow. See if Hiney Head can beat Carlyle at his own game.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Islanders went from some of the worst goaltending in the league to the best team save percentage this year. I tend to think they're actually somewhere in between those two extremes. Lehner has been really good this year, but we've seen goalies have a hot 30 games before.

I don't think they're a complete fluke and will fall off the face of the planet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they regress at some point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Islanders went from some of the worst goaltending in the league to the best team save percentage this year. I tend to think they're actually somewhere in between those two extremes. Lehner has been really good this year, but we've seen goalies have a hot 30 games before.

I don't think they're a complete fluke and will fall off the face of the planet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they regress at some point.
Both Lehner and Greiss are overachieving relative to what they really are, but this is also not the first time we've seen this from Greiss in his career, nor even the second.

Greiss is 26 games into the season and has a .920% save percentage, he has 2 shutouts. After 26 games into his 16-17 season he had a .928% save percentage and 2 shutouts. Remember, this is what got him that extension and current contract he's on. Think this was also actually even his highwater mark of the 16-17 season. It was all downhill from there. He wound up playing 25 more games that season, finishing that season with a .913% save percentage overall and had one more shutout the rest of that way to bring his total to 3 for that season. If you remember, Halak was buried in the minors and Greiss wound up spinning out late that year (probably because he's really not a starter, which was always my argument and he way overachieved the year before with his .925% in 41 games that year) and then Halak was called up again.

Now, speaking of his overachieving .925% season in 41 games in 15-16, where he even wound up having a .944% playoff series over 6 games against the Panthers and a .923% playoffs overall in 11 games that year, he had a .930% save percentage after 26 games into his season that year. He was even at a .936% after 18 games that year at New Years of 2016. I even read a post or two where it was implied that he was better than Cory Schneider (Cory was amazing that year, his last one) which was asinine to argue when comparing games played. Greiss finished with a .925% after 41 games. That season and his start to the next season (his first 26 games was his highwater mark that year) is what got him his current deal.

I'm not saying Greiss is now going to go downhill the rest of the year, but just saying that this is not unlike what we've seen from Greiss before, two of the four seasons he's been with the Islanders.

Just going by eye test with Greiss, he's been better than our goalies (not including Blackwood here), but he hasn't been THAT much better than Kinkaid on my eye test. I'd expect his save percentage to be somewhere around .906%-.910% if I didn't know what it was and just going on his play. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Lehner probably looked like a .915%-.920% goalie this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Weird Greiss stat that I just found going through his game logs.

In 3 of his 4 years with the Islanders, his 26th game played was against the Capitals. Only in his awful 17-18 season did his 26th game not come against the Capitals. It came against the Flyers and he only played 27 games that year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Maple Leafs vs Panthers: 2 goals against Sparks, no chance on either. 1 goal against Luongo, no chance.

Canadiens vs Blue Jackets: 1 goal against Price and it’s stoppable. 3 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on any. One was an unfortunate empty net goal that he gets tagged on for not being off the ice.

Islanders vs Capitals: 2 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable. Greiss gets the shutout.

Senators vs Hurricanes: 1 goal against Nilsson, no chance. 4 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Flames: 5 goals against Howard, no chance on any. 4 goals against Smith, 2 very stoppable and very ugly goals. Big surprise.

Penguins vs Coyotes: 2 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Kuemper, no chance on any.

Sabres vs Canucks: 4 goals against Ullmark, no chance on any. 3 goals against Demko, 1 stoppable.

So that’s 35 goals scored on goalies tonight, 7 were stoppable. That’s 20% of goals scored on goalies tonight we’re stoppable. Combined save percentages were .915%. Goalies were good on the eye test tonight. Even the goals I nailed Mrazek and Demko on weren’t that bad and Price allowed a goal on a puck he bobbled and couldn’t cover.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ll post softy of the night later today, but who it was on is easy to predict when you see who was in action tonight. Almost every night he plays this year, there’s a good chance Mike Smith gets the softy of the night. He doesn’t just allow stoppable goals, he allows some really ugly ones.

Reactions: David Conte

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Very late softy of the night from last night's game. Forgot to post earlier. Mike Smith with another dribbler that squeaks through.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kelly Hrudey (former NHL goalie) dissecting and analyzing the goals against Koskinen tonight. Pointed out one particularly being ''No problem'' (a no-chance goal on my scale) and then said the ones you don't like are ones like these and showed a couple of the nasty awful goals that went through him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Ducks vs Devils: 2 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Blackwood, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Avalanche: 5 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Campbell in relief, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Varlamov, no chance.

Senators vs Blues: 3 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable.

Jets vs Stars: 4 goals against Hellebuyck, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, no chance on either.

Rangers vs Bruins: 2 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Rask, no chance on it and he leaves the game with a concussion after being barreled into on the goal. 2 goals against Halak in relief, no chance on either. One was a pretty soft deflection, but I don't think I can nail him on this one.

Flyers vs Canadiens: 2 goals against Hart, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Niemi, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Lightning: 6 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on any,

Panthers vs Predators: 2 goals against Reimer, no chance on either. 4 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Wild: 2 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Dubnyk and it's stoppable.

Penguins vs Golden Knights: 6 goals against DeSmith, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Fleury, no chance on any.

Flames vs Oilers: 2 goals against Rittich, no chance on either. 5 goals against Koskinen, 3 stoppable. How the f*** does this guy have an above average save percentage? I don't see it. Too many weak goals against this year.

So that's 69 goals scored on goalies tonight, 20 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Quite a bit up from last few nights. Combined save percentages were a pretty poor .896% tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Koskinen for this goal to Gaudreau. There was one other goal I was thinking of softy of the night also on Koskinen that looked even worse, but because it was a one timer and this one wasn't, I thought maybe this would be a more acceptable softy of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad