Post-Game Talk (GBU): Only 2 to go

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Hodgson 6/10 on faceoffs, saw someone inquiring in the game day

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20132014/FC021194.HTM

At least we didn't get demolished, but didn't even seem that the Rangers were trying.

I agree about Hackett, he has been fine in net, hasn't stolen any games but is at the very least competent

Do we really have to tank next year? Can't they get better and trade up instead? -.-

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Do we really have to tank next year? Can't they get better and trade up instead? -.-

We will never stop kicking ourselves for making the run to 11th and then spending the next decade losing to the McDavids and Eichels.

Karate Johnson*

Hodgson 6/10 on faceoffs, saw someone inquiring in the game day

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20132014/FC021194.HTM

At least we didn't get demolished, but didn't even seem that the Rangers were trying.

I agree about Hackett, he has been fine in net, hasn't stolen any games but is at the very least competent

We can't improve enough to make the playoffs. Not possible.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
One thing I've clearly noticed is a concerted effort by Hodgson to throw hits. Huge, thunderous, Carubba Collision type body checks? Not saying that at all, but he's definitely hitting guys, particularly along the wall on the forecheck. I'm guessing it's per instruction. Either way, I think overall he's been playing very well the last handful of games. Maybe it's the "Zemgus Effect"...? Maybe I'm seeing things...?

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
One thing I've clearly noticed is a concerted effort by Hodgson to throw hits. Huge, thunderous, Carubba Collision type body checks? Not saying that at all, but he's definitely hitting guys, particularly along the wall on the forecheck. I'm guessing it's per instruction. Either way, I think overall he's been playing very well the last handful of games. Maybe it's the "Zemgus Effect"...? Maybe I'm seeing things...?

No I noticed that too. One play specifically late in the game I even noticed he awkwardly attempted to finish a borderline late check well after the puck was already half way down the ice the other way.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I think in addition to what you mention, a really big part of it is playing wing. That puts him on the wall more often as the first guy in, as opposed to at center where you're often the second guy in trying to dig out the puck while your winger is engaged.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Stafford's return was very noticeable to me last night. I could be fooling myself, but I really think he has finally matured enough to understand what it takes to play a consistent quality game at the NHL level. I've said this before, but if he continues to play this way next year, I'd be interested in extending him. I think he has become a good veteran presence.

Was not impressed with Stewart last night. I'll give him a fair chance to acclimate and come back from his injury (i.e., next year, if he's still here).

Ehrhoff has been making lots of dumb passes recently that result in turnovers. He's also terrible at holding the puck in on the point. I've noticed that Risto and even McBain are much better at that. Ehrhoff has a good shot, but his offensive and puck moving instincts are below average, IMO.

Hackett has been a pleasant surprise. I expected him to be a sieve after his season in Rochester. He needs to clean up his positioning and puck handling (which is terrible), but he is really good at finding the puck through traffic and seems to be athletic. I might have written him off too soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad