OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Is this a hoax or did this courthouse building really exist in Edmonton in the 70s?

View attachment 907530

View attachment 907531
Yes, this existed here DT. The library as well was beautiful. I believe the DT library is seen behind the courthouse in the last picture.

The loss of the courthouse is often sited as one of the many many disastrous decisions to let classic buildings get demolished. Indeed at one time in this city there was a zeal to rip down any buildings that were older and had character and replace them with such modernity as Brutalist 50's -60-70's's architecture.

Its also disappointing that Parks Canada chose to get behind the Winnipeg Court House as a heritage preserve, a beautiful building, and had not done the same in the case of the Edmonton Court house.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This disgusts me. Its never been worse here. People driving their vehicles like rockets on the roads and freeways. Also extremely risky maneuvers and diving between vehicles. Obscene. These people arent' even intoxicated, just wantomly stupid.

Some peoples idiocy putting everybody elses lives at risk on roads. We've all seen this the last number of years with vehicles passing by going over 100-150k faster. Passing you like other vehicles standing still. These people driving so fast almost impossible to detect or see them coming up on you even as a defensive driver. That these tools are video recording their contempt for life is sickening.

"There will always be these types of people out there" Dangerous narcissists.

At best these tools figure they are on some kind of video racing game except doing this in real life with real world consequence and utter carnage. You'd almost dismiss this as social darwinism except it kills innocent people.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How do these people function in the real world?
View attachment 907621
I don't find it so weird with people that maybe have immune deficiencies having to taking public transit and needing to get out to do things, and will be around lots of people. It's the ones walking out alone in the fresh air with no one else around, or in their vehicles all zipped up that make me laugh.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Slow drives are bad drivers too, but that is being an ass.
Also the slow drivers that immediately jump into the pass lane and proceed to go 90k/hr through it, and driving UNDER speed limit and not passing, or taking the entire pass length blocking passage for all others.

Both of these tactics seem purposeful and with the only intent to keep people behind them, which unfortunately is the objective of some of these people.

A special shout out to the people that drive real slow except when you're passing them and then they speed up and slow down purposely blocking a pass, or lane recovery, and keeping you on the passing side. These are the bane of people hauling an RV.

Something about the #5 highway from Kamloops to Alberta Border brings out some of the worst highway driving I've seen. Consistently. Complete blind passing too. Right into a semi oncoming. Truck drivers must just hate this stretch.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This disgusts me. Its never been worse here. People driving their vehicles like rockets on the roads and freeways. Also extremely risky maneuvers and diving between vehicles. Obscene. These people arent' even intoxicated, just wantomly stupid.

Some peoples idiocy putting everybody elses lives at risk on roads. We've all seen this the last number of years with vehicles passing by going over 100-150k faster. Passing you like other vehicles standing still. These people driving so fast almost impossible to detect or see them coming up on you even as a defensive driver. That these tools are video recording their contempt for life is sickening.

"There will always be these types of people out there" Dangerous narcissists.

At best these tools figure they are on some kind of video racing game except doing this in real life with real world consequence and utter carnage. You'd almost dismiss this as social darwinism except it kills innocent people.

Darwin's Law awaits some of them. You just hope that they don't take anyone with them with injuries or even death, and cause no property damage. Much easier for the cleanup crew to remove just a vehicle or bike and scrape the carcass off the road and put it onto a thick plastic bag.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Meh, the Aussies have a pretty good act with their midget tosses.:D

1726696002393.png

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Also the slow drivers that immediately jump into the pass lane and proceed to go 90k/hr through it, and driving UNDER speed limit and not passing, or taking the entire pass length blocking passage for all others.

Both of these tactics seem purposeful and with the only intent to keep people behind them, which unfortunately is the objective of some of these people.

A special shout out to the people that drive real slow except when you're passing them and then they speed up and slow down purposely blocking a pass, or lane recovery, and keeping you on the passing side. These are the bane of people hauling an RV.

Something about the #5 highway from Kamloops to Alberta Border brings out some of the worst highway driving I've seen. Consistently. Complete blind passing too. Right into a semi oncoming. Truck drivers must just hate this stretch.
Some people like some sort of control. I drive allot for a living but not a Semi truck driver, I don't know how they can do it in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad