Jan 21, 2018
8pm local and it’s 105 F.

My happy place. It was worth the drive.

1722566805616.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Heritage Festival on this weekend but its getting worse every year. Its hardly even notable of people even talking about it now. The move to Borden park is not great, but ETS completely dropping ball on transit isn't either. Due to ETS decision NOT to run a park and ride shuttle on southside we're not going. First year in ages we haven't gone.

ETS, crazy as it sounds is doing park and ride all the way from ST Albert, which is not a good use of my tax dollars given ST AB is not a part of Edmonton but the entire southside can just pound sand. Apparently taking 2 busses and 2 LRT to get there is what ETS figure I should be doing. Forget it.

ETS dropping the ball bigtime.

Reactions: oilers'72

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Heritage Festival on this weekend but its getting worse every year. Its hardly even notable of people even talking about it now. The move to Borden park is not great, but ETS completely dropping ball on transit isn't either. Due to ETS decision NOT to run a park and ride shuttle on southside we're not going. First year in ages we haven't gone.

ETS, crazy as it sounds is doing park and ride all the way from ST Albert, which is not a good use of my tax dollars given ST AB is not a part of Edmonton but the entire southside can just pound sand. Apparently taking 2 busses and 2 LRT to get there is what ETS figure I should be doing. Forget it.

ETS dropping the ball bigtime.
That walk from the Coliseum LRT station to the race track and then on to Borden Park pretty much doubled in time after the Expo Centre was built. Gotta walk all the way around that building. Still a very long walk from the Stadium station. Never mind the area you’re in. I can’t imagine that’s an attractive idea for getting there.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That walk from the Coliseum LRT station to the race track and then on to Borden Park pretty much doubled in time after the Expo Centre was built. Gotta walk all the way around that building. Still a very long walk from the Stadium station. Never mind the area you’re in. I can’t imagine that’s an attractive idea for getting there.
This too. Is the ETS management on drugs? I don't want to go DT, and I don't want to go to a DT station, transferring, at crime ridden Churchill station, and I sure don't want to be getting off Coliseum station. Going to a few different risk areas just to arrive.

Forget it.

But again what the hell are the city doing running a park and ride all the way from St AB, not even in the city, and they can't offer one in the entire southside, the fastest growing part of the city? Ridiculous.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
This too. Is the ETS management on drugs? I don't want to go DT, and I don't want to go to a DT station, transferring, at crime ridden Churchill station, and I sure don't want to be getting off Coliseum station. Going to a few different risk areas just to arrive.

Forget it.

But again what the hell are the city doing running a park and ride all the way from St AB, not even in the city, and they can't offer one in the entire southside, the fastest growing part of the city? Ridiculous.
I've been parking in the nearby neighbourhoods and walking for K-Days. If you park along ~65 street south of 112 ave there aren't any parking restrictions there

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I've been parking in the nearby neighbourhoods and walking for K-Days. If you park along ~65 street south of 112 ave there aren't any parking restrictions there
I don't like to park though in front of peoples houses. Feel like its kind of a dick move as those people must have been getting that so much, especially when Rexall Place used to be the rink. For K Days I park at Concordia for 15bucks to help out the sports alumni teams considering I went there at one time.

That would be awesome if my heart didn't fail before it finished.
The only thing I could think of is the weight loss. I would either be throwing up my guts or shitting up my guts all the way down. Ain't nobody would want to be under that zipline. I'd have vacated guts in anycase, probably a coronary as well.

For the right person that would be an incredible experience. I'm not that right person when it comes to freefall kind of sensations.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
I don't like to park though in front of peoples houses. Feel like its kind of a dick move as those people must have been getting that so much, especially when Rexall Place used to be the rink. For K Days I park at Concordia for 15bucks to help out the sports alumni teams considering I went there at one time.

The only thing I could think of is the weight loss. I would either be throwing up my guts or shitting up my guts all the way down. Ain't nobody would want to be under that zipline. I'd have vacated guts in anycase, probably a coronary as well.

For the right person that would be an incredible experience. I'm not that right person when it comes to freefall kind of sensations.
I park at Concordia if it's available but it's been full when I've gone. I mentioned ~65 street because that's usually around the distance people are too lazy to walk lol. Parking spaces are very open around there, so should have minimal disruptions to the residents there unless you take their favourite spot

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

I'm sure a few body fluids would be dispersed.

I'm not big on heights, I just about shit myself when I went parasailing, doubt I could handle this.
And it wouldn't be a little shart either.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I park at Concordia if it's available but it's been full when I've gone. I mentioned ~65 street because that's usually around the distance people are too lazy to walk lol. Parking spaces are very open around there, so should have minimal disruptions to the residents there unless you take their favourite spot
Just figured I'd mention this as city is getting a ton of complaints. For parking south of 112ave.

Turns out everybody has same idea. Its why I don't do this sort of thing. People have to live in those areas and a lot of seniors there can't even park near their house or go anywhere the whole weekend for fear of losing a spot. A lot of the neighborhoods there and old houses don't have proper driveways or garages and in anycase people are parking everywhere reportedly blocking driveways, corners, etc.

Just a pet peeve but the city is also being very non specific with their information, as usual. Saying there will be parking enforcement on signs and such south of 112Ave is pretty inexact. It doesn't say what area will be effected or a map, nor do they want to provide it. They want to be non specific.

But the city is really contributing to this with the shitty transit options being provided. We tried the 53 route last year. Bus took an hour to arrive on site and it was freaking hot. Still expect 50mins and the feeder bus out to MWTC means a whole trip taking 1.5hrs. one way Probably pass. 50st also has construction delays. But of course thats where ETS is cramming passengers through in busy traffic. ETS seemingly exist to deter passengers.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72 and Skar

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Didn’t know you were an alumn. I thought the only famous alum was Nathan Filion. :)

My youngest daughter is doing a combined Arts/ BEd degree there and my middle daughter did her undergrad B Sc. degree there. Small college but they have nothing but positive things to say about their time there.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That would be awesome if my heart didn't fail before it finished.
OMG! I would totally do this. I love flight (my dad had his private license when I was a child for years and I loved to soar with him in a little Cessna 120) and because I grew up when I did, Apollo, Skylab and the heyday of NASA etc, I’ve always wanted to travel to space.

Even now, I told my wife if I could go to space no matter the risk (and I'm a zero risk taker, I won’t even buy green bananas just like KH) but I would leave tomorrow for the chance to observe our earth from high orbit.

What a rush.

Oh and I’m prone to motion sickness. I despise roller coasters and other midway rides. Yes I’m unique in this way.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Didn’t know you were an alumn. I thought the only famous alum was Nathan Filion. :)

My youngest daughter is doing a combined Arts/ BEd degree there and my middle daughter did her undergrad B Sc. degree there. Small college but they have nothing but positive things to say about their time there.
First year of BSC I went there. It was an amazing place. Nice people, more nice people, and quite a lot of nice people. I think I met as many people in one year at Concordia than anywhere else. It was a real community. Was a good place to go straight out of high school. U of A in comparison is pretty sterile and not at all a community. Just too large. Half the people I hung around with or studied with at U of A were from Concordia. Packs of us kept in touch and stayed together. Several people from Concordia I knew years later and they even went to our Wedding. Friends for life except most people moved on to other Cities, countries. Lots of people did really well.

This just for a laugh but when I signed up to go to Concordia couldn't help but think the Old building, Schwermann Hall, looked a bit like Faber college from Animal House which was out around that time. But I didn't throw any beer kegs out windows. Honest.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
OMG! I would totally do this. I love flight (my dad had his private license when I was a child for years and I loved to soar with him in a little Cessna 120) and because I grew up when I did, Apollo, Skylab and the heyday of NASA etc, I’ve always wanted to travel to space.

Even now, I told my wife if I could go to space no matter the risk (and I'm a zero risk taker, I won’t even buy green bananas just like KH) but I would leave tomorrow for the chance to observe our earth from high orbit.

What a rush.

Oh and I’m prone to motion sickness. I despise roller coasters and other midway rides. Yes I’m unique in this way.
I have to ask. whats with Green bananas? Whats the risk, that the wife whacks you up the head for not picking better ones? heh

Figured you must like heights given our discussions. I'm still not so crazy about heights but I get by. One thing is we bought an inversion table for our back and spine problems and other than it being a great thing that reverses aging (it really feels like that) but it robs one of a lot of spin or vertigo effects. It even says in adds that using these will pretty much wreck most amusement park rides. Using the inversion table for a year it just rids you of any kind of motion problems at all. Side benefit I consider it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00