OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Imagine someone being labeled as coherent until one day later they're not. Weekend at Bernies mode engaged!

I have no dog in the American political fight as I am not American and I detest all politicians and political parties equally (well some more than others) - and this is not a commentary on either side as Mrs5 and I watched the debate because we knew it would be comedy of the highest order - but the best / funniest moment were the two old guys arguing about who was better at golf.

They reminded me of the two old men in the Muppet Show arguing with each other up in the gallery.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I have no dog in the American political fight as I am not American and I detest all politicians and political parties equally (well some more than others) - and this is not a commentary on either side as Mrs5 and I watched the debate because we knew it would be comedy of the highest order - but the best / funniest moment were the two old guys arguing about who was better at golf.

They reminded me of the two old men in the Muppet Show arguing with each other up in the gallery.
I hate politics, but when there have been concerns about coherency for some time and they are brushed off repeatedly only for us to witness that? The reality is that he should've been replaced at least a year or 2 ago and someone else should've been running in his place all along. The leader of the free world looks and sounds like he should be in a nursing home, not a good look.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Got home to Nottingham from Edmonton yesterday, and so far the Pearl Jam gig I was going to tomorrow has been cancelled and I’ve been evacuated by the bomb squad.

If things happen in 3s curious as to what’s coming next, or if game 7 was the 1st thing
Damn that sucks, hopefully everything is good from here on out.

Reactions: AlanHUK

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
350 million people and this is the best they can come up. Truly sad. China, North Korea and Russia must be having themselves a good laugh when they are told how great democracy is, when they see a shit show like that.

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
For all you smokers (of meat that is), I’m thinking of getting one. I’m not looking to go “pro” and don’t need a fancy $700+ one. Just one that’ll do the job and do the odd brisket or ham or whatever. I was looking at those Bradley 4-rack ones. Was wondering if anyone here has one and if it’s any good. Good old Canadian Tire has them on sale this week.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Got back into the house at 1am, there were a couple of controlled explosions and some guy got taken to an institution because he threatened to blow himself up, he hadn't been able to get on his meds despite actively trying to get them for a while
Sad that he realized that he needed his meds but the medical system failed him.

Reactions: Rubi and oilers'72

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
For all you smokers (of meat that is), I’m thinking of getting one. I’m not looking to go “pro” and don’t need a fancy $700+ one. Just one that’ll do the job and do the odd brisket or ham or whatever. I was looking at those Bradley 4-rack ones. Was wondering if anyone here has one and if it’s any good. Good old Canadian Tire has them on sale this week.
Not a Pro but damn close.. the uprights are OK but you can do so much more on a pellet grill. Sometimes Walmart will have Pitboss on sale and you can do low and slow or hot and fast. Either one needs electricity and a fuel (pellets or pucks). Bradley's are for the low and slow smoking.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I have a Traeger and have been told they are pretty good, I love mine.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Not a Pro but damn close.. the uprights are OK but you can do so much more on a pellet grill. Sometimes Walmart will have Pitboss on sale and you can do low and slow or hot and fast. Either one needs electricity and a fuel (pellets or pucks). Bradley's are for the low and slow smoking.
This is the truth. Pitboss pellet grills are comparable to Traeger if you ask me. I bought a Traeger and at times regret not getting a pitboss.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

May 9, 2010
Either brand is still fun, but Traeger people seemed to stuck to having to buy their accessories.
Not at all
I use many different brand of pellets
The trick is to ensure the pellets haven’t been overly damaged through shipping or swollen from moisture. What I like about the traeger pellet auger is the reverse feature in case you have a pellet jam. They certainly price gouge on their accessories but I discovered you can shop at places like superstore and get the exact same accessories for 50% of the cost but they don’t have the traeger branding. But you’re also right because there’s no way I’m putting an off brand cover on mine lol.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Not at all
I use many different brand of pellets
The trick is to ensure the pellets haven’t been overly damaged through shipping or swollen from moisture. What I like about the traeger pellet auger is the reverse feature in case you have a pellet jam. They certainly price gouge on their accessories but I discovered you can shop at places like superstore and get the exact same accessories for 50% of the cost but they don’t have the traeger branding. But you’re also right because there’s no way I’m putting an off brand cover on mine lol.
I wasn't referring to pellets, most are made by Dansons in Canada, which own LG and Pitboss brands. the orginal Costco pellets were made by them too and they are a good price. I usually buy my pellets at Peavey Mart or Coop when they have the half price deals. Costco's are a good price too. I tried some pellets from Barbeques Galore, their Big Boy brand, I was not impressed with those at all. I haven't used up much of my last big purchase of pellets as I bought allot up. But I'm using my Drum more lately and use Lump Charcoal in there.

Should I do the party style ribs today or tomorrow?? or some jerky.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

May 9, 2010
I wasn't referring to pellets, most are made by Dansons in Canada, which own LG and Pitboss brands. the orginal Costco pellets were made by them too and they are a good price. I usually buy my pellets at Peavey Mart or Coop when they have the half price deals. Costco's are a good price too. I tried some pellets from Barbeques Galore, their Big Boy brand, I was not impressed with those at all. I haven't used up much of my last big purchase of pellets as I bought allot up. But I'm using my Drum more lately and use Lump Charcoal in there.

Should I do the party style ribs today or tomorrow?? or some jerky.
Both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad