On paper are the Oilers better or worse than they were last season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

On paper are the Oilers better or worse than they were last season?

• Total voters

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Worse. They are once again stacked up front but dreadful on the back end. They needed to upgrade their back end imo and instead took a pretty big step backwards. They will go back to trying to outscore their problems on D and in net.
Getting rid of Ceci is a huge step backwards?
Left side is the same with Ek, Nurse, Kulak.. right side we have lost 2 3rd pairing Dmen and added 2.
Stecher is still around as #7.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Better if you add up their ratings in NHL24, but a less balanced team that should have invested more in their RHDs.

If you had someone of Kane/Skinner/Arvidsson's calibre (and money) on RHD, they'd look better. A Bouchard/Ekholm injury now is the dagger to their cup aspirations. It needn't be that way with better distribution of talent in their lineup.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
So they added depth scoring and lost some D depth.

They are better on paper, now they have to play games before we really know.

Are we getting the start of last season oilers or the team that lost in game 7 to Florida.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Probably worse at the moment, they didn't really solve any of their problems and opted to get more goal scoring instead of fixing their problems in net or on defense.

They also lost 2 NHL D while adding none.
Emberson and Brown aren't more than #6 but they are NHL D

Reactions: wetcoast

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Can you add a third option? I feel like they've moved laterally with everything said and done up to this point.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Emberson and Brown aren't more than #6 but they are NHL D

Woof, the upcoming UFA class on D is pretty bad too, there won't be a ton available at the deadline unless Seattle dies out early.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Woof, the upcoming UFA class on D is pretty bad too, there won't be a ton available at the deadline unless Seattle dies out early.
I'm sure they could add Ceci for a 3rd at deadline

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Would Larsson waive to edmonton?

Maybe, but I find it hard to believe Vancouver wouldn't be able to outbid them on Larsson and Marcus Pettersson. The Oil only have STL's picks this draft.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Maybe, but I find it hard to believe Vancouver wouldn't be able to outbid them on Larsson and Marcus Pettersson. The Oil only have STL's picks this draft.
Larsson left for a reasons relating to his father's death

Maybe things have changed but I have to imagine edmonton is on his M-NTC.

Ironically I question if any of the other RD rentals are better than Ceci. Maybe they go after someone with some term tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad