OT: Olympics

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
1500m LETS GOOOOOO

Hocker with the gold and The goooooooose with bronze. Only .01 from silver.

3 Americans in the final and they went 1,3,5

Huge props to Ingebrigsten for going for the WR in an unpaced championship setting. Huges balls.

It was the exact strategy i predicted.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I think I'm one of the only hoops guys on the board, but the 17-point American comeback against Serbia in today's semi was an instant classic. Stressful and not too fun until the final few minutes, but they got it done.

Final vs. France and Wemby should be excellent.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
1000002071.jpg

Lezzz go Lisa Carrington and Alicia Hoskin. Semifinals only, but I expect they'll breeze through.

Edit:

They did, and took the gold easily later that night by more than a boat length. The gap between them and 2nd was bigger than the gap from 2nd to 8th.

The one in the front, Lisa Carrington, is becoming one of the most successful Olympians ever and no one outside NZ knows who she is. This is her 7th career gold. She has a chance at another in these games. And they took out her best event this time, it isn't even at the Olmpyics anymore (the 200m sprint) or she'd have even more.

To put it in context, there are only three women with more Summer Olympics golds than her in a career. She has the same number as Simone Biles and if she wins the extra one, she'll sit one gold behind Ledecky.

4KLPU1H_240809KayakOLY_1742_jpg.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think I'm one of the only hoops guys on the board, but the 17-point American comeback against Serbia in today's semi was an instant classic. Stressful and not too fun until the final few minutes, but they got it done.

Final vs. France and Wemby should be excellent.
USA MBB is Nate's #1 interest at the Olympics.

He texted me at 4:10pm ET yesterday with "Are you watching basketball USA is down 9 in the 3rd".

I told him that I had just finished my workout. I flipped it on to see the end of the 3rd quarter and the 4th.

It was bonkers.

I called Nate in the 4th after Embiid had like 7 straight points for the US.

He answered the phone saying, "I don't care. Embiid is American."

:laugh:

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Man. Ive watched a lot of basketball over the years. Ive never been on the rooting side of a player like Curry going off like that. He was one of the main reasons with his bad d and dumb turnovers to begin with but to nail 4 buckets like that in the gold medal game in the last 2 minutes was insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob582

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I don’t watch any basketball; I think it’s a crappy sport. I used to have an argument with one of my bosses as to who was a better athlete; an NBA player or an NHL hockey player. Not even close in my book.

But watching Curry today was pretty amazing.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t watch any basketball; I think it’s a crappy sport. I used to have an argument with one of my bosses as to who was a better athlete; an NBA player or an NHL hockey player. Not even close in my book.

But watching Curry today was pretty amazing.

The French call of Curry going nuclear down the stretch is hilarious.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm fascinated by blind soccer in the Paralympics. I didn't know that existed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad