GDT: OLYMPICS - PARIS 2024

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Big comeback victory for the Canadian beach vball duo to head to the finals. Thought they were done for after the first set - they looked overmatched and a bit rattled at that point.

It was a gereat match. Mel was brilliant and Huberli imploded a bit. Brandie needs to be better, making batter choices and setting Mel if they want a chance tomorrow vs AP Duda.

kyru

Oct 19, 2017
It was a gereat match. Mel was brilliant and Huberli imploded a bit. Brandie needs to be better, making batter choices and setting Mel if they want a chance tomorrow vs AP Duda.
I was amazed at some of the points Brunner was making in the latter half of the first set, and early in the second. Not overwhelming power, just tactical precision shots. Might speak more to me not ever watching volleyball outside of the Olympics in the end, but it was impressive to watch, and it seemed like the Canadians had no real answer at that point.

Also just learned from a Google search that she's actually married to Damien Brunner.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I was amazed at some of the points Brunner was making in the latter half of the first set, and early in the second. Not overwhelming power, just tactical precision shots. Might speak more to me not ever watching volleyball outside of the Olympics in the end, but it was impressive to watch, and it seemed like the Canadians had no real answer at that point.

Also just learned from a Google search that she's actually married to Damien Brunner.

I am a pretty big beach volleyball fan. It’s a great sport that deserves more attention.

The story for the Swiss is pretty much how that game unfolded. Huberli needs to be mentally stronger. She wilts under pressure in tight games near the end. Feel for her, but happy for Mel and Brandie.

Both Mel and Brandie have the athletic genes from their parents and that’s pretty cool.

If you enjoy watching the sport, check out some of the highlights from the men’s Swedes… insanity.

Reactions: kyru

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The angry mob of idiots on CBC sports are raging in disgust that break dancing is in the Olympics, they are also upset that Snoop Dogg opened the break dancing completion.

You can guys who’s upset…..if Don Cherry saw that he would rage about something about how they allowed something that was created by thugs to be on the Olympics.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The angry mob of idiots on CBC sports are raging in disgust that break dancing is in the Olympics, they are also upset that Snoop Dogg opened the break dancing completion.

You can guys who’s upset…..if Don Cherry saw that he would rage about something about how they allowed something that was created by thugs to be on the Olympics.
I mean I thought it was hilarious(the competition). I’m sure it takes some great training and flexibility but it fell flat as an Olympic competition and most people just found it funny.

Reactions: bh53

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Looking forward to seeing Marco Arop in the 800m final tomorrow. Start time is 10:15 am pacific.
He's the reigning world champion in this event. Saw his interview after the semi-final. What a classy young man.

Reactions: nucks88

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Break dancing is an Olympic sport?

Me last week: WTF?
Me today: woohoo, awesome competition

Even though I think the IOC is a corrupt organization worthy of contempt, I have to admit they have done some good work bringing in new events. The major thing they need to do event wise is to get rid of dressage. Sorry to the numerous equestrians reading this board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad