GDT: OLYMPICS - PARIS 2024

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I just wanted to create this thread for anyone watching the Olympics.

Just had to give a shoutout to our medalists so far, with special mention to the swim teams.

What a final 50 meters by Summer McIntosh in the 200m medley. Unreal.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Just watched Canada advance to the semifinals in 3x3 women’s basketball. Seems to be a fun game and unexpectedly violent.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I have enjoyed watching the BMX, kayak, water polo and rugby 7's. (Out of newer sports for me)

Water polo might be the most violent of the bunch!

Haven't enjoyed skateboarding tbh when compared to BMX.

Is field hockey still in the Olympics?

Reactions: andora

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Pretty much as expected for Andre De Grasse not advancing in the 100m.

Hope he fares better in the 200m. Would love to see him medal any color.

Reactions: Lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I've been really into women's running events. Not sure why.
Maybe it has something to do with them looking like gods as they race around the track. Amazing. I love the 800. They look like they were born to run.

Reactions: Nopefully

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How close can you get in that 100m finish?! Incredible. Heartbreaking for the Jamaican runner.
It is. But all races they do go down to the thousandth of a second. Saw that a couple of games ago with Phelps in that Butterfly final at the wall. Same with speed skaters. Really no ties in those events. Judged events I believe they can unless there is a tie breaker or something.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Finland is scary close to getting shut out of medals this summer Olympics.

Has never happened before.

Would probably be a good thing in the long run. Force the folk in power to reform Finnish pro athletics.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Maybe it has something to do with them looking like gods as they race around the track. Amazing. I love the 800. They look like they were born to run.
They were.

High calf insertions = more elastic tendon to use = more efficient stride.

Nothing you can do training wise to change your muscle insertions.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
As a huge Beach Volleyball fan, that was a lot of fun to watch and see MHP and Brandie move on to the round of 8. What a last point.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I've found the gymnastics the most captivating, some of the shit those ladies pull off would send me straight to the morgue. So athletic. I've watched an hour of coverage this year, 45 of that was gymnastics.

Also on the cusp of objectification, is it not enough that Simone Biles is extremely talented, but she also has to be gorgeous as hell?

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I've found the gymnastics the most captivating, some of the shit those ladies pull off would send me straight to the morgue. So athletic. I've watched an hour of coverage this year, 45 of that was gymnastics.

Also on the cusp of objectification, is it not enough that Simone Biles is extremely talented, but she also has to be gorgeous as hell?
After watching the Biles documentary on Netflix I felt compelled to watch all the women's gymnastics events. Sure the men are impressive as hell athletes but the movements are so angular when compared to the best women.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
It is. But all races they do go down to the thousandth of a second. Saw that a couple of games ago with Phelps in that Butterfly final at the wall. Same with speed skaters. Really no ties in those events. Judged events I believe they can unless there is a tie breaker or something.
Speaking of which, there was a qualifying race for the women yesterday where they couldn't break a tie between the 2nd & 3rd finishers, so they had to advance both of them. An actual dead heat, lol.

kyru

Oct 19, 2017
The atmosphere in the stadium for Duplantis crushing the field and breaking his own WR was crazy.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3