Olli Määttä

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I saw him at Whole Foods in Shadyside yesterday. Looked fine to me. No shoulder sling or anything like that. Grabbed some Turkey and cole slaw :)

I saw him there, maybe, 3 days after his surgery. He didn't look happy. Or maybe he was confused by the shirt I was wearing.

Astronaut-Sloth_art.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Cleared for contact but not yet cleared to play is the last I heard.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Oh man. Has it really been over a decade? I can remember how electrifying Maatta looked in his rookie season. He obviously didn't develop into quite as good a player as many had hoped, but considering the obstacles he faced from such a young age, he's certainly had a pretty respectable career. I don't think I'd want him back, though.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Oh man. Has it really been over a decade? I can remember how electrifying Maatta looked in his rookie season. He obviously didn't develop into quite as good a player as many had hoped, but considering the obstacles he faced from such a young age, he's certainly had a pretty respectable career. I don't think I'd want him back, though.

His rookie year, he looked like a Lidstrom-lite where he ALWAYS made the correct decision with the puck. Part of that is having the physical ability to do so. Once he was diagnosed (believe it was lymphoma), I really think the meds he was on made him slower and it hampered his quick twitch abilities. He could have been a lynchpin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad