Oliver Ekman-Larsson has been fined $5,000

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I thought this was for the couple of punches thrown at the end of the game (can't remember if that was him or not) and thought "weak, but I guess".

For this hit? Ridiculous.

It's an interference based on the rule text, but given how interference is called by the refs it would only be a penalty about half the time.

Bush league crap by the department of "player safety".

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's so f***ing stupid. Xhekaj was fined 3375$ for intentionally attacking someone with his gloves on an unsuspecting player, meanwhile this is deemed good for the max allowed under the CBA. It makes no sense. I'm fully on board with the penalty.

This doesn't even get a whif at even a penalty in any other game, let alone a fine.

The Parros conspiracy is real and it's f***ing annoying.

Last edited:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
so...what about the punch/elbow to the face by Guentzel

OEL made a hockey reverse hit, completely within the rulebook. Guentzel was pissed that he was getting owned and wanted to punch someone

Reactions: OddyOh

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Still mad?

1729618833811.png

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
I've no issue with that being something that draws supplementary discipline. Dangerous play and made no attempt on the puck while Guentzel never touched it or had possession. That is a play I'm fine with getting rid of.

The issue for me is consistency. I want you to pick up all of this type of stuff, but they won't. They'll pick and choose, and if you're a star, you will get more leniency. I don't get why they can't just be more consistent and/or have more of a structure to their offenses and how they escalate.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Might be time for the NHL to add an ‘E’…as in, National Hockey League Entertainment.

What a joke. No fine for the spazzing Tampa player at the end of the game?

Also, the 5-3 for full two minutes they got was ridiculous.

Reactions: fahad203 and Jmo89

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
1729622947566.png

What a fantastic message to send to other teams when they play the Leafs - go ahead and goon it up all you like, If Toronto dares retaliate 'ole Georgy Parros always has your back.

It's so f***ing stupid. Xhekaj was fined 3375$ for intentionally attacking someone with his gloves on an unsuspecting player, meanwhile this is deemed good for the max allowed under the CBA. It makes no sense. I'm fully on board with the penalty.

This doesn't even get a whif at even a penalty in any other game, let alone a fine.

The Parros conspiracy is real and it's f***ing annoying.
Conspiracy? There is no conspiracy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad