Old memories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tarasenko’s debut is one of my favorite non-Cup memories. After the lockout against Detroit(when I still hated them) and the place was buzzing. Every time Tarasenko had the puck it would build in anticipation. I remember telling my wife “If Tarasenko scores first, the Wings may as well pack their shit and head home because they’re going to get run out of the building.” He did, and they did. My wife was so tired of hearing me talk about Tarasenko and watch highlights of him that she somewhat was hoping he would fail just to shut me up. Had a good little smirk going that night.

Outside of that, Steen’s OT goal vs. LA, Mike Weaver destroying Patrick Sharp with a neutral zone hit, and Tarasenko throwing hands with Benning two years ago after his hit on Schenn are some of my more vivid memories of the past.

I also remember being very excited about Chris Stewart scoring in his debut with the Blues assisted by Shattenkirk. That’s.....faded a bit with time though.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Oh man, I know totally what you mean about Tarasenko's first game. All the will-he-won't-he about coming over, it was the first game back after the lockout, and man, I am not ashamed to say it got a little dusty in my apartment when he scored. I feel like our whole fanbase was so invested in him coming over and being an impact player for so long, that to see it finally materialize was just incredible. I remembered when he scored I was like, finally, FINALLY we've got a guy that lives up to all the hype on offense.

The Perron goal against the Islanders is another that I can't stop watching. It's got to be one of the best single effort goals I've ever seen in my life.

One that's from a more recent memory, that again isn't huge in the grand scheme of things, was O'Rielly's goal against the Avs in OT when the refs made that stupid illegal stick call. I don't know why I was so mad, but man was I so mad when they made that call. When he came in and scored I was jumping up and down screaming at my TV like JUSSSSSSTIIIICCEEEEEEEE f***ers

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Wow these jerseys looks great.

turnbull_151__16496.1556567391.1280.1280.jpg

0Y79Alk9yz7H0FNdb-ZHrjvF1FmcbEukb-6t717N6Ar0KxUdUB8iW45ieM5a51n0Cv2cfVtpjhMY5X_KVCJ-MtgjbTIBaN4547w

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Some videos I've watched a lot:

Blues vs. Bruins, 2009. A miracle last second comeback win that kick started our miracle run to the playoffs:

The Blues clinching a playoff spot in 2009 was another favorite. There's no TV feed video on youtube. Just a bunch of cellphone videos. Still awesome to see.

2012 playoffs, Blues vs. Sharks, Game 5. I loved the quick back to back goal sequence to push the Blues ahead of the Sharks and to their first playoff series win in forever:

Alex Steen's OT winner vs. Los Angeles in 2013. Made so much better by Pang going absolutely nuts:

Pierre Turgeon's Game 7 OT winner vs. Phoenix in 1999: Pierre Turgeon Game 7 OT Deflection Goal 1999 (NHL Classic)

Carlo Colaicovo's OT winner vs. Philadelphia on Opening Night 2010: Blues-Flyers OT FSN MW Feed

I was at the LA game where Steen scored the OT short handed winner. We were about 7 rows off the ice, but we were on the visiting side so the Blues only shot at that end once. I told my wife that at least if it went into overtime that they'd shoot at our end. When he scored that goal I've never heard it that loud in enterprise. It's still my favorite moment in a game that I've attended.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Perron's goal against the Blackhawks after 13 months and 99 missed games from that unforgiven Thornton headshot. Imagine if he had never come back, the great career we would have missed. Joe Thornton tried to take it all because he was petulantly raging after being called for viciously boarding Oshie.

Game 7 in 1999 against Phoenix

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021

I only really started following the Blues in 2011, so this was the first Blues playoff game I was super nervous about (until the cup run games). The Blues kept getting bounced by Chicago (and LA) and getting that game 7 win was huge, like they turned a corner. I was pacing in my apartment during the 3rd while they clung to that 1 goal lead. It was terrible! It was awesome!

Reactions: Ridge1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad