Old memories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Some videos I've watched a lot:

Blues vs. Bruins, 2009. A miracle last second comeback win that kick started our miracle run to the playoffs:

The Blues clinching a playoff spot in 2009 was another favorite. There's no TV feed video on youtube. Just a bunch of cellphone videos. Still awesome to see.

2012 playoffs, Blues vs. Sharks, Game 5. I loved the quick back to back goal sequence to push the Blues ahead of the Sharks and to their first playoff series win in forever:

Alex Steen's OT winner vs. Los Angeles in 2013. Made so much better by Pang going absolutely nuts:

Pierre Turgeon's Game 7 OT winner vs. Phoenix in 1999: Pierre Turgeon Game 7 OT Deflection Goal 1999 (NHL Classic)

Carlo Colaicovo's OT winner vs. Philadelphia on Opening Night 2010: Blues-Flyers OT FSN MW Feed

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Some videos I've watched a lot:

Blues vs. Bruins, 2009. A miracle last second comeback win that kick started our miracle run to the playoffs:

The Blues clinching a playoff spot in 2009 was another favorite. There's no TV feed video on youtube. Just a bunch of cellphone videos. Still awesome to see.

2012 playoffs, Blues vs. Sharks, Game 5. I loved the quick back to back goal sequence to push the Blues ahead of the Sharks and to their first playoff series win in forever:

Alex Steen's OT winner vs. Los Angeles in 2013. Made so much better by Pang going absolutely nuts:

Pierre Turgeon's Game 7 OT winner vs. Phoenix in 1999: Pierre Turgeon Game 7 OT Deflection Goal 1999 (NHL Classic)

Carlo Colaicovo's OT winner vs. Philadelphia on Opening Night 2010: Blues-Flyers OT FSN MW Feed

That “pop” when Perron scored in game 5 was one of the loudest moments I’d experienced in person. Thought the roof was gonna blow off. Awesome moment.

Reactions: RORbacon

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I remember attending a Detroit game during Perron’s rookie year where he scored twice. Detroit was very good then. The arena was rocking, and it was a feel-good win.

just remembered, one of those goals was a long break-out pass from Wagner. Remember him?

Last edited:

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Old memories? I try to keep most of them suppressed
oAvTeiJ.gif

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
At about the 2:50 mark of this video, my old man and some of his friends make an appearance.

According to him, to watch the games sometimes they'd have to hop on freight trains hobo style to make it downtown and back to south city afterwards. He was 11 years old when the Blues came to town, and he made sure I caught the contagion at an earlier age than that. When we finally won a cup, my happiness for him made it much sweeter. I'm lucky he was still around to see it.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I remember attending a Detroit game during Perron’s rookie year where he scored twice. Detroit was very good then. The arena was rocking, and it was a feel-good win.

just remembered, one of those goals was a long break-out pass from Wagner. Remember him?

I remember Steve Wagner. He seemed to be a real find for the Blues, an undrafted free agent if I recall correctly. Andy Murray was the coach then, and the brash rookie Perron wanted to wear white skates. Murray said "no" and the club veterans didn't like it either.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
My old memories of the Blues all feature Hull, Cujo, Fuhr and MacInnis bombs from the blue line. As good as the Blues are now, there's nothing on the team that electrifies the crowd/game to the same degree as watching Big Mac wind up for the slapper. Even as a Wings fan that always gave me goosebumps to see.

Reactions: BrokenFace

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I remember Steve Wagner. He seemed to be a real find for the Blues, an undrafted free agent if I recall correctly. Andy Murray was the coach then, and the brash rookie Perron wanted to wear white skates. Murray said "no" and the club veterans didn't like it either.
I loved Wagner lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad