OT: Old Lightning Message Board

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lomeister

Jul 2, 2024
Somebody here survive from the former official message board from the TBL? I'm talking about 20 years ago or little more.
Hello, Martin!

I also remember you from the original official board. In fact, I met you at a Lightning game in 2011, if my memory is correct. I flew down from Boston and met a whole lot of people in person for the first time. If you still have a picture from out on the concourse, I am in it with you! (Okay the date was February 23, 2011. I was able to look it up easily because I remember Dan Ellis was traded the next day.) Game was against the Coyotes (RIP) and Teddy Purcell had a hat trick!

That was such a fun night. I will never forget it! My family and I came to the game early to watch warm ups and we were sitting in the same section as a number of people I knew from online. Then after the game, we went out to the player's parking lot, and my son got a lot of autographs, including Stammer and Vinny.

I put a photo from that night as my avatar. I felt like the "Welcome Home" message was meant for me, even though it was my first "home game."

P.S. My journey is from the original board to NHL Arena to Bolt Prospects and now I am boardless, so I just came here to see what was happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoltsFanSinceDay1

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Hello, Martin!

I also remember you from the original official board. In fact, I met you at a Lightning game in 2011, if my memory is correct. I flew down from Boston and met a whole lot of people in person for the first time. If you still have a picture from out on the concourse, I am in it with you! (Okay the date was February 23, 2011. I was able to look it up easily because I remember Dan Ellis was traded the next day.) Game was against the Coyotes (RIP) and Teddy Purcell had a hat trick!

That was such a fun night. I will never forget it! My family and I came to the game early to watch warm ups and we were sitting in the same section as a number of people I knew from online. Then after the game, we went out to the player's parking lot, and my son got a lot of autographs, including Stammer and Vinny.

I put a photo from that night as my avatar. I felt like the "Welcome Home" message was meant for me, even though it was my first "home game."

P.S. My journey is from the original board to NHL Arena to Bolt Prospects and now I am boardless, so I just came here to see what was happening.
Who were you on BP?

Reactions: Outl4w

Lomeister

Jul 2, 2024
Who were you on BP?
Lomeister on BP, too, though I didn't post a lot. I actually joined because there was an active channel devoted to the Admirals when they were the AHL affiliate. (I've seen quite a few Admirals/Crunch games when they played here in New England and even went down to Norfolk to see a game during the Calder Cup finals.) Then when the affiliate changed to Syracuse, there wasn't much discussion on the AHL level anymore. And a lot of people I used to know left. After that, I usually just hopped on around the various deadlines to see what people were thinking on trades, signings, draft picks, and the like. There were some folks who really knew their way around the salary cap and so forth. So...it's perfectly understandable if you don't remember me.

Reactions: Outl4w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad