Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Somehow both the NHL and Sportsnet's highlight packages have the wrong replay for the Canucks' tying goal.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I mean, he does get a lot of minutes and other teams purposefully put their best lines out against him and Ceci or whoever he's with. At least splitting up the most braindead duo in the league paid off tonight.
The thing is though that he's not actually playing a lot of minutes right now.

He's down to just under 18 min a night against the Canucks in this series. Meanwhile Bouchard is up at almost 28 and Ekholm is at over 24.

And then you look at 5v5 scoring in the series and you see that Nurse has been on the ice for 6 of the 8 Vancouver 5v5 goals against. At a certain point you need to start looking at why that is. And for as much shit as Ceci gets, and lots of it is deserved, at the end of tonight when the pairing was split up, one of them ended up without a GA and the other ended up with 2 GA.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Also insane how every time the Canucks have needed a goal in these playoffs, especially in games that they've had no business winning, they've managed to just throw shit on net and get a bounce with near 100% efficiency.
Hasn't that been their MO since October?

I hope the universe has some real nasty makeup in store for them next year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
All my Canucks fan friends are all up in arms over the Kane high stick on Myers and demanding he be suspended for “cross checking Myers in the face!!!” Claiming they have double standards for McDavid if they don’t suspend Kane. 🙄
Yeah, but they're a "special" bunch when it comes to this lol.

What high stick, what did I miss? I'm surprised they aren't also crying about the hit on Hronek.

Also insane how every time the Canucks have needed a goal in these playoffs, especially in games that they've had no business winning, they've managed to just throw shit on net and get a bounce with near 100% efficiency.
That's their entire season to be honest.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Whenever I take a moment to fully appreciate the Bouch, I can't help but remember we bridged him because our GM is terrible.

bruce-boudreau-darn.gif

Holland's final gift, as he is out relaxing in retirement with his $25M bonus from Katz, isn't 3M cap hit of Brown. It's the Bouch extension.
Zero chance in hell his agent was going for term when Bouch was poised to get prime time PP mins with us. The real fight was whether the bridge would be 1 or 2 years and we luckily got 2.

The shit talking Holland line starts around not upgrading Ceci before the playoffs and not LTIRing Kane and exploiting that extra cap room.

Reactions: Oilhawks and nabob

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
All my Canucks fan friends are all up in arms over the Kane high stick on Myers and demanding he be suspended for “cross checking Myers in the face!!!” Claiming they have double standards for McDavid if they don’t suspend Kane. 🙄
Myers got what he asked for. Skinny whiny bully.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
This has too much the feel of last years Vegas series, hopefully game 5 is the Oilers best game of the playoffs. The Oilers buttholes seemed to pucker in that third period, could not clear the puck or win a face off. Need to play a 60 minute complete game tomorrow night

Reactions: Sra1974

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad