GDT: Oilers vs. Flames

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I dunno, 8 in a row seems unlikely.

This game will say a lot about the Flames either way.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Lots of McPoints!!! Also hope the standings stay about the same for the rest of the season, Calgary out and I'd love to see the Ducks miss out :) Then that OT game we played against them will be even more hilarious.
Best possible result if we don't win the lottery is Calgary finishes one point out of the playoffs, the Isles win the draft lottery with the Flame selection but surrender the Dahlin pick to the Isles, who go off the board to take someone else and leave Dahlin to us at number 2.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
Speaking of embellishments, Dougie Hamilton is one of the worst.

A few games back he was trying to draw a high-sticking call, and whipped his head back like he’d just been clubbed by a baseball bat in the teeth.

The replay showed the stick didn’t even come within 8 or 9 inches of his face, and there was absolutely no contact. It was ridiculous, and even Hrudey had a hard time spinning it.

My prediction for tonight is that McDavid will just take over the hockey game. He and RNH are going to break out tonight against the most overrated defence in the league.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Will we ever see rnh-mcdavid-jp or is McClellan go8ng to try to do as much damage to our young players as he can before he gets canned

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Fun game to watch tonight. Hopefully the Oilers show up. Whichever team loses is going to have some annoyed fans; that being said the Flames have a lot more to lose.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Win or lose I just want some Mcpoints. Preferably enough to pass Kucherov.
I'm a bit worried about Kucherov tonight. The Lightning play the Senators, in Tampa. McDavid might need 5+ points to catch Kucherov tonight

Reactions: Aerrol

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
You've never watched batfink? His wings are like a shield of steel!
Plus the one of the best bad guy names ever. Hugo a-go-go
Thanks for the memories. Remember this cartoon as a kid. First episode aired in 1966.. I was watching it in the 70s though. cool pic man.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Joke's on you, we're already on a losing streak!

Well, not a streak, but we've only won like 7 of the last 25 games. Same thing really.

A loss tonight pretty much is the final nail in the coffin for the season, but also probably for Gulutzan. I'm not upset about either at this point... as long as I don't watch the game.

Yes I've been following. It's been dismal for the Flames. In part, due to Oilers beating them in OT last time and sending em into a mini little spiral again. Love it!

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The Calgary flames are on the hot seat with a game tonight that has severe playoff implications, with a win tonight the Flames are still in the thiccc of things in the playoff race, an L against their provincial rivals would almost guarantee that it is the final dagger in their playoff hopes and they start planning their summer.

Which flames team will we see tonight on this episode of the B.O.A.?
IMG_0300.jpg

A) Timid and soft with a sprinkle of leaky goaltending?
B) Absolute world beaters against the Mighty Edmonton Oilers, which in this case would be odd considering the past couple of years... but smith tho.
C) Wildcard/random/Idk

What I do know is that this matchup will be nasty, and hopefully a great/ clean game.
Go :edmonton Go!!!

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
No Jankowski tonight? That's too bad.. I was hoping to see the best player from the 2012 draft play against the best player from the 2015 draft. Oh well.. guess I'll settle for watching Connor go up against the best defence in the league

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Yawn, non essential game for the Oilers. Calgary really needs it but a Flames victory doesn't guarantee anything.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Lately my 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Flames.

Tonight, thats you guys. Kick em where it hurts.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
McDavid isn't going to catch Malkin/Kucherov easily... but he's got 14 more games to do it... and McDavid can be selfish and a little greedy now as well... since the games mean nothing for the Oilers... it should be all about padding his stats and getting another Art Ross for his mantle. Hopefully the Oilers rally around that as well and give us all something to cheer for during this final stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad