Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Avs [Mar 12, 2013] "Battle of the Hawk Hunters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
A regulation win tomorrow makes the road trip highly mediocre instead of an outright disaster.

3-2 Oil.

Honestly for how bad we've played getting 8/18 points would be a decent road trip. Barry Trotz says the goal for his teams is to play .500 on the road and .750 at home.

If we win we have 15 of a possible 32 on the road. But we also only have 10/20 at home which is the killer

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully coming off a feel good win, and win 3-2. Make everything click like against the Blackhawks, should be some serious fast hockey. Patrick Bordeleau or O'brien drop the gloves with Brown. I predicted if the Oilers points after the road trip would be 25. Feels good.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
With all their horses in the lineup, this Colorado team has as much young skill as the oilers. Looking forward to seeing O'Reily for the first time since the contract debacle, and Landeskog since his concussion. Lots of big name youth in this game

Turrican*

With all their horses in the lineup, this Colorado team has as much young skill as the oilers. Looking forward to seeing O'Reily for the first time since the contract debacle, and Landeskog since his concussion. Lots of big name youth in this game

And hopefully the effort isnt coming from only the home side.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
FFS. I was supportive of Krueger at the beginning of this season. Now, as far as I am concerned he can gtfo.

yeah, not playing fistric, when he has CLEARLY been one of our best dmen all years is simply inexcusable ... i have NO IDEA what krueger is thinking on this one, but then i again i rarely understand any of his moves

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Winning this game would be huge.

It'll be the difference between being 1 point up on Colorado or 3 points back.

I don't think they make the playoffs, but I just dont' want to be in the ******* bottom 3 this year.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
yeah, not playing fistric, when he has CLEARLY been one of our best dmen all years is simply inexcusable ... i have NO IDEA what krueger is thinking on this one, but then i again i rarely understand any of his moves

If you're talking about Fistric not playing on this road trip it's because he's been injured.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Looks like Fisty is ready to go, but won't get in the lineup.

definitely think this is a stupid move.

Krueger has been the worst part of our team this year. I just hate how he coaches, I know we've had 3 coaches in the past 4-5 years, but anyone and their dog could tell u fistric is better than someone in our top 6 currently, and he adds a PHYSICAL ELEMENT this team always needs

Sick of this guy being in the pressbox, it was a one off when he first got here, but clearly he's proved hes a top 6 defensmen

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Winning this game would be huge.

It'll be the difference between being 1 point up on Colorado or 3 points back.

I don't think they make the playoffs, but I just dont' want to be in the ******* bottom 3 this year.

Agreed if we go win this one we will have 14 home games left and 8 road and will be 3/4 points out of playoff spot. If we become a good home team we might end this season with a little bit of respectibility.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Potter played well enough yesterday to play another game. Potter has had his better games when he played with players not named Whitney. I don't think it is significant enough to get mad about.

Koto

May 3, 2011
lets see what creative ways krueger can come up with to piss me off tomorrow

oh wait smyth top-6 forward isnt creative

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think the Avs slay the Oil in this one. They have bodies back and are playing better hockey.

Oilers can't string together two wins to save their lives.... much less 2 wins in a row on the road.

Likely a 3+ goal spread in this one. I don't think it will be close.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Sounds like Fistric could go, but they're being cautious with him and leaning towards sitting him out.

Yes Smith confirmed this. He could play if necessary but no point in rushing it.

That would be understandable and not an issue at all. The quote provided however doesn't seem to fit with that. Hopefully the intent just got lost in translation and it's a case of not rushing Fisty instead of thinking we don't need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad