Player Discussion Oilers Training Camp PTO's Travis Dermott & Mike Hoffman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Do you think that we sign one or both of these players? One thing that you can never have enough of when chasing a Stanley Cup is depth. Dermott can play both sides and brings some physicality while also being a player familiar with Knoblauch. Hoffman is a one shot scorer that could maybe be had on a bargain deal to provide some scoring help in the bottom 6 and on the 2nd PP unit. He could also give us cheap top 6 insurance in case of an injury on the wings. I could see both being signed if they prove worthy of a contract.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Thomas Tatar

I always wanted Hoffman, it’s a natural pair for either Draisaitl or McDavid who are amazing passers to get a one shot scorer. But Skinner is superior and I don’t see him making the top six. I feel like this is cover so that the young guys aren’t gifted opportunity and have to earn it. But he is only 34, maybe he surprises? 🤷‍♂️

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
It's a sorry shame how Hoffman's career got unfairly derailed by one unhinged girlfriend. Would love to see him get a Cup.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Do you think that we sign one or both of these players? One thing that you can never have enough of when chasing a Stanley Cup is depth. Dermott can play both sides and brings some physicality while also being a player familiar with Knoblauch. Hoffman is a one shot scorer that could maybe be had on a bargain deal to provide some scoring help in the bottom 6 and on the 2nd PP unit. He could also give us cheap top 6 insurance in case of an injury on the wings. I could see both being signed if they prove worthy of a contract.
Well I think Dermott might get signed sooner as I believe he is a client of Jackson's former agency, so that's something to look out for.

As for Dermott's on ice abilities I do think him being able to play either side is huge. Especially how thin we are on the left side.

Hoffman I truly don't know. His numbers were decent offensively in a limited role, but I'll have to see what he looks like on the ice before making judgement. At his age he truly could look a lot different than a few months ago.
It's a sorry shame how Hoffman's career got unfairly derailed by one unhinged girlfriend. Would love to see him get a Cup.
I don't even know if she really was the problem. He ended up marrying her I believe, but nothing really ever came out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad