Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Viktor Arvidsson (2 years x 4M AAV)

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder if they will have RV rotate into Nuge's spot on PP1 once in a while to get a different look. This guy's got a hell of a shot and could be a threat from the left half boards.
I could see it. In his interview I think he (and Skinner) recognize that the Oilers PP isn't a place for improvement and that their signings anticipated limited PP time, but they give you the sort of flexibility in a slump and with injuries.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Arvidsson is the player that I wished Yams would develop into. It will be interesting to see if a line like Nuge-Drai-Arv can dominate similar to how the DRY line did.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
This thread needs to be bumped after his atrocious start. This signing is haunting them right now.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Arvidsson is the player that I wished Yams would develop into. It will be interesting to see if a line like Nuge-Drai-Arv can dominate similar to how the DRY line did.

For reasons that can't be explained, we may never know. It appears to be a non-starter to even consider putting RNH on Draisaitl's wing and it's been that way for several seasons now.

Reactions: Duke74

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It’s ironic that Arvidsson has turned into Yamamoto.
It’s ironic that Arvidsson has turned into Yamamoto.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
For reasons that can't be explained, we may never know. It appears to be a non-starter to even consider putting RNH on Draisaitl's wing and it's been that way for several seasons now.
That's a mystery that's eluded me too. Since the breakup of the DRY line, RNH and Draisaitl have played together maybe only a handful of games and only one or two games before they're yanked apart again. I wonder if coaches don't see any chemistry there? I always thought putting RNH with Draisaitl was a more even distribution of talent, leaving McDavid with Hyman. But for some reason, McDavid has always gotten the lion's share of the linemates and left Draisaitl with the dregs, most recently two pointless wonders in Arvy and Podz.

Reactions: brentashton

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
1729890903308.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That's a mystery that's eluded me too. Since the breakup of the DRY line, RNH and Draisaitl have played together maybe only a handful of games and only one or two games before they're yanked apart again. I wonder if coaches don't see any chemistry there? I always thought putting RNH with Draisaitl was a more even distribution of talent, leaving McDavid with Hyman. But for some reason, McDavid has always gotten the lion's share of the linemates and left Draisaitl with the dregs, most recently two pointless wonders in Arvy and Podz.

I think it's more the stupid mantra of "you can't break those guys up!" with respect to RNH - McDavid - Hyman than anything else.

The addiction to recreating the magic on the top line is more important than effectively balancing out the lineup, apparently.

Reactions: Duke74

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I’d give him more time. I’ve always liked him in Nashville and LA and still thinks he’s going to finish the season with 20+ goals.
I agree.
He's a proven good player.
Its been 7 games and it doesnt help that the team around him hasnt exactly been very good.

Reactions: K1984

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad