Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Josh Currie

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
High effort guy who will also fight when needed.

Zero problem with this.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So that leaves you with...

Mardoy-Currie-Yamamoto
Benson
-Malone-Hebig
Gambardella-Vesel-Russell
Vesey-Larkin-Callahan
Polei

Not a lot of high end talent, especially when it comes to vets. Not a fan of having 4 rookies as the top 6 wingers, but I don't see any better choices unless Callahan bounces back to his GR productivity.

And exactly how many AHL teams do you expect to have a better 6 young forwards (5 of them rookies) than this? Yamamoto should be one of the best young players in the AHL if he's down there and any of the other guys could have a big year down there.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
And exactly how many AHL teams do you expect to have a better 6 young forwards (5 of them rookies) than this? Yamamoto should be one of the best young players in the AHL if he's down there and any of the other guys could have a big year down there.

You could have said the same about the team this past year with Jones, Bear, Mantha, and Paigin all on the blueline. Other teams may not have a better group of 5 or 6 young skaters, but the problem is those guys are also BAK's best skaters, and others team's will easily match and better that when we take vets into account.

Rookies are rarely difference makers at the AHL level. I'm not going to doubt all those guys have good upside, but outside of Yamamoto (and maybe Benson) I'm not sure I'd feel safe betting on any of them breaking 0.5PPG.

The fact that the two vets in the top 6 also aren't big producers either means this team will struggle to score. Keep in mind that Yamamoto and the team's best OFD in Bear might also see extended stays in Edmonton, which also won't help matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00