Post-Game Talk: Oilers ruin the Yzerplan

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

c477a1ca-0528-4b7f-b57a-f74430a60012_text.gif

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Holland had his share of f*** ups but, outside of the Pronger trade, the Ekholm trade might arguably be the best Oilers trade ever made at least since the dynasty years for sure. What a beauty, that pass was ridiculous. Despite all the guys struggling out of the gate, Ekholm has remained consistent in being one of the best Dmen in the NHL.
Some guys on this board wanted Karlsson instead. lol.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Praise Draisaitl. Where would we be without him?

6G's and the rest of our forward group combined only has 9. Put another way Drai with 6 and the rest of the forward group not including McD have only 6 goals. That group combined makes about 3X as much as Drai.

Drai also with 3GWG and we only have 4 wins. Think about that. 2 of them have been huge OT goals.

Now I'd at least hope this all buys Drai a bit of grace on the board here. We get a big fat zero pts today without Drai grabbing team on his back again today.

Drai is the only forward on this team meeting expectations. The Only one.

55G pace btw.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@Morpheus has the hot hand!!!!

Saw the entire 3rd period after taking a rickshaw to the hotel from the football stadium in only 15 minutes! Way faster than waiting for an Uber and being tied up in traffic for an Hour.

Great afternoon for sports!

Reactions: Giggleplex

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dominant game by Drai, Ekholm, Bouchard, and Pickard were strong as well.

Our game still has 3, 4 levels up it can go, but I actually think our D might be ahead of our offense right now.

We took over from the 2nd period onwards after a bad 1st.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Watching the game, I said to myself that Skinner would’ve been toast on that P Kane partial break that Pickard stayed patient on. Great goaltending.

Agreed, unless Stu was able to get his pad far enough over on his first push it is very doubtful that he would've made that 2nd push quick enough to stop that shot.
Is it really necessary to crap on Skinner after:
-- Skinner just went .950 in his last two games
-- Pickard was good, but "beat" (if novelty OT counts) a club that has missed the playoffs the past 8 years

?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Praise Draisaitl. Where would we be without him?

6G's and the rest of our forward group combined only has 9. Put another way Drai with 6 and the rest of the forward group not including McD have only 6 goals. That group combined makes about 3X as much as Drai.

Drai also with 3GWG and we only have 4 wins. Think about that. 2 of them have been huge OT goals.

Now I'd at least hope this all buys Drai a bit of grace on the board here. We get a big fat zero pts today without Drai grabbing team on his back again today.

Drai is the only forward on this team meeting expectations. The Only one.

55G pace btw.

This team definitely needs some more players who have a shooters mentality and can snipe

Draisaitl and Bouchard kinda the only two. Skinner maybe. McDavid has a great shot but dude doesn’t shoot anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad