Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Watched a bit of the third period and thought William Nicholl looked good. Made some nice plays all 3 zones and looked like one of the Oiler's best forwards despite being the youngest player there.

The D invitees were mostly awful though, and their inability to do anything useful with the puck really hampers what the fowards can do.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
So Akey is not playing at all during these games this weekend? He was injured 11 months ago. This is giving me Klefbom vibes all over again.

Yeah its weird. If it was preseason and they didn’t really want to put him against AHL/NHL physical players I would understand it more but seems really odd to me.

Reactions: Nevins

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Watched a bit of the third period and thought William Nicholl looked good. Made some nice plays all 3 zones and looked like one of the Oiler's best forwards despite being the youngest player there.

The D invitees were mostly awful though, and their inability to do anything useful with the puck really hampers what the fowards can do.
Thank you! I thought I was the only one who saw really good things from Nicholl. First two periods he passed it too much but settled in after. He should love to the top line. Even though Clattenburg looked good, O’Reilly and Nicholl have chemistry from junior

Reactions: Giggleplex

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Let's remember that picking Savoie up was a cap dump on our part, trying to scrounge up what we could. Looking at this unbiased, we have nobody except this O'Reilly kid and Akey who have a shot of being an impact NHL player at some point.

The guys can barely move out there. I know as fans of the club we need to be looking at our prospects and HOPE-ing they pan out and bring us great success. Fact of the matter is it's looking grim. Yadda yadda one rookie tournament game. Lots of these guys have been to two or three of these at this point and are nothing players. Just how it is, and that's normal for any team.

Last year Holloway put on a clinic in this tournament and showed he is leagues ahead of the rest. Even then he was in the AHL all year and struggled at the NHL level. Nobody in the group resembles anything near the level of Holloway, use that as your barometer.
Took you 1 game to write off savoie.

Looking at this uNbiAsEd!11!!!!

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Didn’t hear correctly that the Flames are starting a 24, 25 and 26 year old in the game tonight???
how-do-you-do-fellow-kids-steve-buscemi.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad