Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Very tidy game by skinner. Exactly what we need next few rounds after La put to rest. Suspect could be the end for talbot who's just is getting lit up at will.

Also oddly enough might be Kane who needs to yell at Perry on the bench. Need a similar degree of shithousery from him.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
How bad did we lose? Sportsnet graphic said Skinner allowed 27 goals on 28 shots…..

how-is-this-guy-still-our-goalie-hang-em-up-buddy-lol-v0-f2y05votkywc1_result.jpg

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It's pretty rare is it for refs to give a deuce of two-man advantages to one team in a period. That's goes to show that LA weren't playing tough hockey but being cheap shot goons. Refs missed a lot of calls but I'm glad they sent a message to them to quite the BS or you're going to pay for it
LA board is chirping us because we sent out McDavid and Drai. I think that was a lesson from Knob to tell them to cool off with the cheap shots

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Doughty hurts the Kings plenty. All the bitching he does at other Kings and yet he never looks in the mirror. Cause he’s the primary clown on a bunch of plays this year and playoffs past.
Sure. But he's old now and tons of mileage. Doughty went sideways at some point like a lot of players do. Too much drama, nose candy, and success corrupts. Between team Canada wins and Stanley Cup wins there was a moment in time where Doughty was arguably the best D on the planet, or around it. It got in his head at some point. Still one can see the talent with the Savardian spins. skting miles and putting up so many minutes. He's taken a lot of punishment on to.

But there is that double edged sword. Doughty intensity elevates opponents and then they get in his head. At one point he's trying to go at Kane as if he wants to fight him. I mean think that through Drew Doughty. Lots of instances where he looks raging and losing his marbles. He's real Jekyl and Hyde from one game to the next. The odd thing is you'll find him next game composed, compacting more, making plays within his limitations etc. Last night was his "I'm a not golden god night"

Finally Doughty has his two cups and Canada Cup wins and knows it. He's already achieved all his goals. Its fair to say that.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That poor billion dollar company can't afford to pay for good talent. Give them a break.
Debrusk and Gazdik must be on minimum wage. What dimbulbs. Can neve figure out why so many ex pugilists get into broadcasting after.

Oh, its because their brains are scrambled and can't figure out how to do anything else. Gas pump jockeys have been put out of work.

I shouldn't be mean. I told Hyman I wouldn't say. Oh, and f*** Spector.

Reactions: McDoused

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's pretty rare is it for refs to give a deuce of two-man advantages to one team in a period. That's goes to show that LA weren't playing tough hockey but being cheap shot goons. Refs missed a lot of calls but I'm glad they sent a message to them to quite the BS or you're going to pay for it
Saw it the same way. But it also sends things off the rails. Till that point the Kings were still interested in trying to play some hockey. After that the only thing they wanted is chasing hits. The 5 on 3 helped to lose control of the game.

One thing though is the Kings are good at sending messages that they are so inept they can't even compete. They pulled the same thing a couple yrs ago losing games 8-2 and 6-1. When the Kings decide to go south in a game they do it up good and proper.

Haven't seen the last of them yet. Not sure if game 4 or 5 but they'll still have a pushback game that will challenge. Oilers have to be aware this time not to get overconfident with the blowout.

One more time the Hyman goal was so huge last night and he was refusing to be stopped, just like Drai and McD later. Hyman is better than any Leaf player on their roster. lets be real here. He's not just getting feeds anymore. He's become a power forward that is going to the net himself and bulling for goals. He's doing this increasingly where he's starting the play and scoring the goal. He made the whole goal happen with an assist from Doughty. Slow clap man. What a player. Was giving me Glenn Anderson vibes all game.

Hyman is stiring the damn drink right now. He's playing that good and nobody in the playoffs is more pumped than him. 6 goals, all deserved, could even be more.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pretty much Kane alone got in the Kings heads tonight and this is why some of us have been saying to be patient with Kane because when THIS guy shows up in the playoffs not only with agitating the other team but with strong forecheck, that beauty pass to Drai and goal, the Oilers are a different team. He had his fingerprints all over this game tonight.
Agreed. But Hyman set the table for the show. His contribution cannot be overlooked and he's been the best Oiler in the series and every single game. Hyman would just not be denied on that opening goal. he insisted that was going in. Brilliant play by Ekholm.

Understand as well the psychology in the sequence of Ekholm owning Doughty on that play. In Chess thats a move that results in you toppling your Queen. The move is just that good. Ekholm steps in on the pass owning the play and sends it to Hyman who just insists on getting a goal. Absolute domination on goal. Shark bloodsport. That goal unmasked the whole game to follow. The Kings and Doughty were never composed after that.

Kane was huge last night in a pivotal game. But Hyman was the one to get the whole ball rolling.

You can see with the McD goal later that Hyman sent message to him too. Just make the puck go in. Keep banging till it does.

Hyman is leading the way.

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Sure. But he's old now and tons of mileage. Doughty went sideways at some point like a lot of players do. Too much drama, nose candy, and success corrupts. Between team Canada wins and Stanley Cup wins there was a moment in time where Doughty was arguably the best D on the planet, or around it. It got in his head at some point. Still one can see the talent with the Savardian spins. skting miles and putting up so many minutes. He's taken a lot of punishment on to.

But there is that double edged sword. Doughty intensity elevates opponents and then they get in his head. At one point he's trying to go at Kane as if he wants to fight him. I mean think that through Drew Doughty. Lots of instances where he looks raging and losing his marbles. He's real Jekyl and Hyde from one game to the next. The odd thing is you'll find him next game composed, compacting more, making plays within his limitations etc. Last night was his "I'm a not golden god night"

Well put indeed. I remember how high doughty was on himself. Pk had signed his contract around 9 million and doughty said publically I'll talk to shea weber over the summer we both deserve more than him.

Could you imagine the outrage if Darnell nurse said he'll talk to Jacob trouba over the summer we both deserve more than what Seth Jones got.

Guy seems like the worst type of teammate to play with. I'm so glad he had that talk and kings are stuck with him at 11m for 4 more years.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well put indeed. I remember how high doughty was on himself. Pk had signed his contract around 9 million and doughty said publically I'll talk to shea weber over the summer we both deserve more than him.

Could you imagine the outrage if Darnell nurse said he'll talk to Jacob trouba over the summer we both deserve more than what Seth Jones got.

Guy seems like the worst type of teammate to play with. I'm so glad he had that talk and kings are stuck with him at 11m for 4 more years.
In fairness Doughty was better than PK in his sleep. He should be making more. SC wins talk too. Guys that win cups get paid.

Darnell Nurse got too much.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
he did get 3 apples so I'll take that. Its such in interesting PP. We have so many options. Drai on the off-wing, one timer, Nuge setting up on the other wall by McDavid, Bouch with the Bouch bomb and McDavid . Then we have our super scorer Hyman in front. I joke around but they remind me of the Harlem Globetrotters. Drai is getting his one-timers on net so that is a must. Nuge has a wicked release so hopefully he gets one off
IMO, it wasnt a must win game but it sure helped Oilernation off Suicide Watch.

U wanna see Suicide Watch, go read the Kings board. Man they hate us

gonna get more dirty
My absolute favorite post from their thread was how no Edmonton fan (cause were Canadians) would have the balls to harp on the Kings sucking, in person, to a Kings fan.

I mean, c'mon...we're gonna be real afraid to tell Will Farrell, or some plastic surgeon, that their team sucks. He talks like the arena is full of gang bangers or something.

What a stupid take. Just shows how far in their heads the Oilers are, lol.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Which play was it where Drai had the puck on a 2 on 1 and he had to put the puck through the linesman standing in the way and he did it like nobodies business as if its just an added challenge on an obstacle course. He's evading KIngs and the officials. Owning hockey. What a play that was. Anybody got that one?

My absolute favorite post from their thread was how no Edmonton fan (cause were Canadians) would have the balls to harp on the Kings sucking, in person, to a Kings fan.

I mean, c'mon...we're gonna be real afraid to tell Will Farrell, or some plastic surgeon, that their team sucks. He talks like the arena is full of gang bangers or something.

What a stupid take. Just shows how far in their heads the Oilers are, lol.
Probably a 15 yr old making a comment like that. They had some better posters around there a decade ago.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad