GDT: Oilers @ Predators, 10/17/2024 -- We finally get some lube.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The Preds haven't had a lead yet this season .... PP% is under 10% ... second worst GA/g in the league ... both goalies with GAA above 4 (4.19 and 4.21) with the better one's sv% at .855 ... ungodly amount of odd man rushes allowed ... AND DRAI IS IN TOWN TONIGHT!!!!!!

The boys are getting a ton of shots on net. One of the lines needs to figure out how to put them in. Defensively the entire team needs to tighten up their game ... stop allowing so many odd man rushes, clear the puck when they have it on their stick. A few stops by the goalies would be nice as well. Winning the free agent market is meaningless if it doesn't result in winning games.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
The odd man rushes is starting to look like the Hakstol system on steroids. At some point, one might realize the mere wanting to always play in the opponent's end doesn't really mean you can actually always play in the offensive zone and therefore have optional occasional defense or simply ignore any semblance of defensive structure.

It's a headscratcher that Trotz, of all people, is overseeing this. I didn't have that on my bingo card.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
They've got to figure out the transition game on both ends and they need to figure it out quickly. The passing has been awful, which certainly explains the offensive transition game to a degree. I was watching Tuesday night, and half the passes are to feet or off body, so it's an extra half second of settling the puck before you can make the next play...sometimes that's all it takes to slow things down and give the defenders time to re-group. I noticed it was the exact opposite for Seattle on Tuesday. Very crisp execution, stick to stick, passes were received on the blade in position to immediately transition to the next play.

Forsberg couldn't hit a tape pass all night. I could see the frustration from the guys creeping in. It really feels like we need to find a win in whatever capacity to try to settle down at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthNash

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
There aren't too many things I dread in sports more than Edmonton coming to Bridgestone- lol. Will be fascinating to see what happens considering the circumstances

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Somebody please sit on daddy drai ALL NIGHT!
Only 1 team in the league is worse than us right now...Avs!!:laugh: they lost their 4th last night.
MUST WIN!:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad