Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Was he aware of a sexual assault by someone who worked under him? Was there a conversation he was involved in that included not worrying about it until after the playoff run? Are these lies? You're riding with one other dude in this thread, you're on the wrong side of this.
Holly crap man, resd the investigation report already. Holland figured it was an assault, not a sexually assault.
A couple of the managers stated they were told the coach wanted to get between the sheets with a player.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Well obviously, cause despite all the “outrage” over this hire, some of these outraged hockey fans wont put their money where their mouth is and boycott the League that allowed him employment. Some people want to use this situation as just an excuse to shit on the Oilers and call them trash. If these people really thought it was such an egregious hire they would boycott the League that allowed this to happen, would they not?
The NHL doesn't get any of my money anymore.

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Well obviously, cause despite all the “outrage” over this hire, some of these outraged hockey fans wont put their money where their mouth is and boycott the League that allowed him employment. Some people want to use this situation as just an excuse to shit on the Oilers and call them trash. If these people really thought it was such an egregious hire they would boycott the League that allowed this to happen, would they not?
Why should I boycott the NHL because I think this is a terrible hire? That's ridiculous :laugh:

The NHL has already proven it sucks time and time again with it's incompetent reffing, digital ads, ads on jerseys, and inconsistent suspensions among many other reasons to dislike the league. That doesn't mean I'm going stop cheering for the Flames though. Sure, I won't be spending my money, but that won't stop me from watching and cheering for the team I enjoy.

I suppose the Oilers had no choice in the hire once Bowman was cleared by the league though so we shouldn't have our own opinions on the matter. /s

It's almost as if there's a pattern in who the Oilers employ or consider and it starts from the top. Katz, Virtanen, Kane, Perry, Keith, and Bowman...It's not difficult to see why the Oilers are one of the villains of the league to some fans.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The NHL doesn't get any of my money anymore.
Nor mine.
Why should I boycott the NHL because I think this is a terrible hire? That's ridiculous :laugh:

The NHL has already proven it sucks time and time again with it's incompetent reffing, digital ads, ads on jerseys, and inconsistent suspensions among many other reasons to dislike the league. That doesn't mean I'm going stop cheering for the Flames though. Sure, I won't be spending my money, but that won't stop me from watching and cheering for the team I enjoy.

I suppose the Oilers had no choice in the hire once Bowman was cleared by the league though so we shouldn't have our own opinions on the matter. /s

It's almost as if there's a pattern in who the Oilers employ or consider and it starts from the top. Katz, Virtanen, Kane, Perry, Keith, and Bowman...It's not difficult to see why the Oilers are one of the villains of the league to some fans.
Depends on why you view it was a horrible hire. I also try not to spend money on NHL products cause of it’s general incompetence. But if you are going to sit there and rage away about how Bowman is some irredeemable monster that doesn’t deserve to be back in this League, then put your money where your mouth is and boycott the League that allows him to do this job. Otherwise, it’s just virtue signalling.

If you just think he’s a bad GM in general, then whatever. Move on with your life, grab some popcorn, and watch him tank the franchise.

Last edited:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Nor mine.

Depends on why you view it was a horrible hire. I also try not to spend money on NHL products cause if it’s general incompetence. But if you are going to sit there and rage away about how Bowman is some irredeemable monster that doesn’t deserve to be back in this League, then put your money where your mouth is and boycott the League that allows him to do this job. Otherwise, it’s just virtue signalling.

If you just think he’s a bad GM in general, then whatever. Move on with your life, grab some popcorn, and watch him tank the franchise.

Sooo... You're saying that nobody should cheer for their team anymore because the Oilers hired a rapist-enabling POS?

And on that note, are you also fine with your favourite team hiring this said POS?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sooo... You're saying that nobody should cheer for their team anymore because the Oilers hired a rapist-enabling POS?

And on that note, are you also fine with your favourite team hiring this said POS?
Anyone that thinks he’s a rapist enabling POS should stop watching altogether. Yes.

I’m fine with the hire yes, cause I understand what “rapist enabling POS” actually entails. Just like Sheldon Kennedy who is fine with this hire. Or is Sheldon and myself wrong?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why didnt the oilers just run the Jackson guy as President of Hockey OPs and run a season with him + assistant GMs running the team

His summer moves or whoever was making moves this year have all been pretty good to great

No idea why oilers rushed to get a GM and one who was medicore/crap his last few years on the Hawks and has horrible baggage with his failure to lead and act in the Kyle Beach incident?

Last edited:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Anyone that thinks he’s a rapist enabling POS should stop watching altogether. Yes.

I’m fine with the hire yes, cause I understand what “rapist enabling POS” actually entails. Just like Sheldon Kennedy who is fine with this hire. Or is Sheldon and myself wrong?

You're so homerised that I'm sure you'd support the Oilers hiring P. Diddy as their GM.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
An actual rapist nope. But keep sitting on your moral high ground, while enjoying the “ rapist enabling POS” NHL.

Dude, you're probably the biggest homer on this site, and everyone here knows you would support the shittiest person imaginable if they were on your team in any capacity.

That said, enjoy your (somewhat) lonely seat on support of sexual assault enablement, sicko.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think you avoid it. You say he is the GM and you never comment on it.

Hard to defend a person who didn't report the rapists act and because of that the rapist went on and raped again.
You should read the Jenner and Block report.

You're so homerised that I'm sure you'd support the Oilers hiring P. Diddy as their GM.
Nah. P doesn’t even know what icing is.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dude, you're probably the biggest homer on this site, and everyone here knows you would support the shittiest person imaginable if they were on your team in any capacity.

That said, enjoy your (somewhat) lonely seat on support of sexual assault enablement, sicko.
Yeh I’m an Oilers fan. But nope I wouldn’t support an actual rapist being the GM of the team. Fortunately he’s not, unlike PDiddy, and I understand the difference between actual rape, which is a crime and jailable offence vs. Being part of an incompetent management team where that organizations President and HR dept failed to conduct a proper investigation. A fireable offence, for which he was fired, but not a crime.

Meanwhile you are a Flames fan that would have shit on this move no matter what move it was. And would still support what in your mind is a “rapist enabling POS” league. Talk about hypocritical.

You must also be saying that myself and Kennedy who understand what Bowman actually did and what’s he done since, doesn’t deserve to be hired again in this League. So please tell me why Sheldon is wrong here? Or will you just ignore that question again in order to sit on your moral high horse and attack me personally.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I mean potentially he could be. PDiddy was a talentless hack of an artist and a POS rapist like Aldrich.
I don't really give a shit about the thread's argument but I agree he lived off of Biggies nut sack.

Frankly the thread could use a change of pace, not that I set it in the right direction.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It wasn't internally investigated. The Blackhawks did eventually hire an outside firm to handle an investigation, but that wasn't until 11 years later. The HR department offered Aldrich a chance to participate in an investigation, or they would allow him to resign. He resigned.

While you have what-ifs, we know for a fact that others were victimized, including a high school student, after the Blackhawks knew of the allegations against Aldrich.

Just to clear a few things up.

There was an initial investigation done by bowman and a few others in upper management when an assistant coach, I think the video coach brought the matter to the Bowman.

Bowman reported his findings to McDonough, who said he was going to take care of it but McDonough didn’t take care of it. Then there was a meeting with all of upper management where McDonough basically said they’ll deal with this after the Stanley Cup playoffs and not a single person (Bowman included) stood up and said that this is wrong and should be dealt with immediately. Bowman may not have been the top decision maker in the situation but he sure as hell didn’t try hard enough to make the situation right.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Disgusting. I can't believe Bowman would ruin his legacy working for that franchise.

• Haha
Reactions: Crow

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't really give a shit about the thread's argument but I agree he lived off of Biggies nut sack.

Frankly the thread could use a change of pace, not that I set it in the right direction.
True. He was a producer. Biggie was the talent. And as a producer their biggest song was ripped off by the Police and Diddy didn’t even get paid for it.

i mean ok p diddy can’t rap worth shit but the man did produce big poppa

but yes garbage human
yeh as I said in the reply above. Biggie was the talent. PDiddy was just a producer and a slightly incompetent one at that, as he didn’t even get paid for him and Biggies biggest song cause he didn’t properly sample.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just to clear a few things up.

There was an initial investigation done by bowman and a few others in upper management when an assistant coach, I think the video coach brought the matter to the Bowman.

Bowman reported his findings to McDonough, who said he was going to take care of it but McDonough didn’t take care of it. Then there was a meeting with all of upper management where McDonough basically said they’ll deal with this after the Stanley Cup playoffs and not a single person (Bowman included) stood up and said that this is wrong and should be dealt with immediately. Bowman may not have been the top decision maker in the situation but he sure as hell didn’t try hard enough to make the situation right.
3 weeks was the time lag for that delay. At a time when it was only an allegation. Bowman f***ed up here by following the chain of command in his organizaiton. It’s a managerial fail and morality fail. But ultimately not a crime or anything close to it. Which is probably why both Kennedy and Beach has accepted Bowman’s attempt to atone for this mistake and allow him to get his job back.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Yeh I’m an Oilers fan. But nope I wouldn’t support an actual rapist being the GM of the team. Fortunately he’s not, unlike PDiddy, and I understand the difference between actual rape, which is a crime and jailable offence vs. Being part of an incompetent management team where that organizations President and HR dept failed to conduct a proper investigation. A fireable offence, for which he was fired, but not a crime.

Meanwhile you are a Flames fan that would have shit on this move no matter what move it was. And would still support what in your mind is a “rapist enabling POS” league. Talk about hypocritical.

You must also be saying that myself and Kennedy who understand what Bowman actually did and what’s he done since, doesn’t deserve to be hired again in this League. So please tell me why Sheldon is wrong here? Or will you just ignore that question again in order to sit on your moral high horse and attack me personally.

I see your cope is to call anyone that doesn't like this a Flames fan lol!!

As for Sheldon, I wouldn't care if, say, Corey Haim came back from the grave to somehow support a hire like this. Anyone that does is a complete tool.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I see your cope is to call anyone that doesn't like this a Flames fan lol!!

As for Sheldon, I wouldn't care if, say, Corey Haim came back from the grave to somehow support a hire like this. Anyone that does is a complete tool.
That's a pretty high horse you're on.

Reactions: brentashton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad