Proposal: Oilers | Hawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
They tried Ryan Strome in Edmonton, that was a total failure, now you want to try Dylan Strome in Edmonton? What could possibly go wrong?

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
They tried Ryan Strome in Edmonton, that was a total failure, now you want to try Dylan Strome in Edmonton? What could possibly go wrong?

just because devils fans want dylan doesnt mean other teams dont want him either. also dylan probably isnt the right fit tbh a right shot 2nd line center or rw that isnt in a slump like yamo is in would be preferred. not only that but a goaltender that isnt kosk. honestly hes playing for a contract and honestly isnt as good as his numbers are saying he is but if he builds some traction another team might be inclined to take him off our hands or can work in our favor for a trade for gibson, to where his value wouldnt be negative. i can see them try to go for flower but idk if our right side d is good enough but i mean our d is better than hawks is so anything could happen.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012

Just cause they're brothers doesn't mean they play the same style. Dylan is bigger and just a little more skilled. Ryan wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. His first season with us was good, with 13 goals and 34 points and while his offense in his second season was dry 18 games in, he was traded in a panic move by Chiarelli.

Reactions: TheNumber4

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Yama and ++++ for Patty Kane

Now that would be one hell of a top 6!!

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We don’t have the cap space to do this. Kailer is making peanuts whereas Strome is a $3 million cap hit.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
just because devils fans want dylan doesnt mean other teams dont want him either. also dylan probably isnt the right fit tbh a right shot 2nd line center or rw that isnt in a slump like yamo is in would be preferred. not only that but a goaltender that isnt kosk. honestly hes playing for a contract and honestly isnt as good as his numbers are saying he is but if he builds some traction another team might be inclined to take him off our hands or can work in our favor for a trade for gibson, to where his value wouldnt be negative. i can see them try to go for flower but idk if our right side d is good enough but i mean our d is better than hawks is so anything could happen.

At what point did I say I wanted Strome on the Devils? I think he's a terrible fit for the Oilers, they're already overloaded at center why would they add another one, while sacrificing from one of their weakest positions?

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Just cause they're brothers doesn't mean they play the same style. Dylan is bigger and just a little more skilled. Ryan wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. His first season with us was good, with 13 goals and 34 points and while his offense in his second season was dry 18 games in, he was traded in a panic move by Chiarelli.

I was just joking because I remember Ryan struggling so hard, I don't think he's the guy Edmonton should be looking at though

Reactions: Darkwinter

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I feel like the asking price on Kubalik will be high from CHI fans, but I'll ask anyways.

What would a deal for Kubalik look like?

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
This. Put Kubalik in trade talks and I’d easily do a 1st and Yamamoto if we could make the cap work.

A guy like Strome isn’t worth having to pay to sort out the added cap implications vs Yamamoto

You do realize Kubalik is a $3.7m cap hit. How would he not be added cap implications? Just say you don't like Strome, lmao

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
To EDM:

Dylan Strome

To CHI:

Kailer Yamamoto

Both players struggling, with Strome being healthy scratched and falling out of favor. Seems like a fair trade that could get both guys going.
Edmonton is rolling . Nows not the time . Not enough upside.

Reactions: PuckG

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You do realize Kubalik is a $3.7m cap hit. How would he not be added cap implications? Just say you don't like Strome, lmao

Clearly he would since I said we'd have to address the cap. Not sure what you don't get, Strome isn't worth having to sort the cap out, Kubalik absolutely is worth figuring it out. Kubalik is an excellent top 6 winger. Strome is a top 6 tweener who's slow and no at all good defensively. Totally different players we are talking about here. Sure, I don't like Strome if that's what you need to hear also.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ryan Strome wasn't a failure in Edmonton. He was a fine 3C who didn't produce as well as we had hoped. The only part that was a failure with him was the trade that sent him out.

Pass on the proposed deal though.

Reactions: zar

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
They don’t have the same playstyle, Dylan and Connor have been very close since their Erie days, and Edmonton didn’t know how to utilize Ryan Strome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad