Proposal: Oilers - Flyers (Carter Hart)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Opinions on Oilers trading for Hart?

Oilers giving Raphael Lavoie, 1st in 2023 and Mike Smith(if he is willing to waive)

For Hart

Oilers "great" Goaltending coach works with Hart in the offseasons. I assume there is a fit.
I don't think that is enough to land Carter Hart. Philly values him as their franchise goalie. I am guessing a 1st in 2022, Xavier Bourgault, Skinner, and another lesser asset, like a B+ prospect.

Reactions: Dr Danglefest

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Flyers management does not see the current state of this team accurately and is looking to retool instead of rebuild. They won't trade away a young #1, especially since he is one of the few saving graces this season after he had a bad year last year.

Even if they were rebuilding, I'm not sure why they would send away Hart.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Goalies like Hart almost never get traded. Philly would trade a goaltender and immediately be looking for another to mind their net for the next decade, and I’m sure Oilers fans know that isn’t exactly easy to do. Really sets their franchise back.

Watched Hart play during his SPKAC days, the kid is a winner. Love his mentality.

You’re looking at probably a bigger ransom from Hart than you are Gibson to be completely honest. Who else does Philly have in their pipeline?

2023 1st round pick + Bourgault + Skinner is probably the starting blocks. Much too much for the Oilers to give up and I’m not even sure Philly fans say yes to that.

Edmonton should be targeting goalie prospects that seem close to breaking out. Not back up goalies that have a great stretch that they try to recycle a la Smith, Talbot (which was great while it was good), Scrivens, etc.

Maybe something like targeting Senators Gus the Bus or something.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Goalies like Hart almost never get traded. Philly would trade a goaltender and immediately be looking for another to mind their net for the next decade, and I’m sure Oilers fans know that isn’t exactly easy to do. Really sets their franchise back.

Watched Hart play during his SPKAC days, the kid is a winner. Love his mentality.

You’re looking at probably a bigger ransom from Hart than you are Gibson to be completely honest. Who else does Philly have in their pipeline?

2023 1st round pick + Bourgault + Skinner is probably the starting blocks. Much too much for the Oilers to give up and I’m not even sure Philly fans say yes to that.

Edmonton should be targeting goalie prospects that seem close to breaking out. Not back up goalies that have a great stretch that they try to recycle a la Smith, Talbot (which was great while it was good), Scrivens, etc.

Maybe something like targeting Senators Gus the Bus or something.

I wish I had the numbers breakdown - maybe @Appleyard has it handy since he's the one who did it, but the numbers show that every goaltender (w/exception of Jim Carrey) who has Hart's developmental pedigree/accomplishments has been *at least* a fairly good starter in the NHL for their career.

I'm not trading Carter Hart to EDM unless Draisitil or McDavid is involved.

Before you freak out calling me a moron: I get it. That will *never* happen in real life. I'm fine with that - but these spare parts for THE guy in net for a decade potentially is just not worth it. I'm keeping Hart at all costs right now. Cornerstone of this franchise at the moment.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I wish I had the numbers breakdown - maybe @Appleyard has it handy since he's the one who did it, but the numbers show that every goaltender (w/exception of Jim Carrey) who has Hart's developmental pedigree/accomplishments has been *at least* a fairly good starter in the NHL for their career.

Before you freak out calling me a moron: I get it. That will *never* happen in real life. I'm fine with that - but these spare parts for THE guy in net for a decade potentially is just not worth it. I'm keeping Hart at all costs right now. Cornerstone of this franchise at the moment.

Didn’t he win a Vezina or am I completely misremembering history?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Johnathan Bernier might qualify with Carey. He really projected to be a star.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Saw the thread title, immediately said no.

Clicked on the thread, my mind was not changed by what I read.

Trading Hart makes no sense unless either we're upgrading on Hart (so, if someone like Vasilevskiy demands out) or the returning value is so stupidly lopsided in Philly's favor that it'd be a firing offense not to take the deal (a Drai-level superstar).

Reactions: BretterThanYou

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Carter Hart is legit the only reason the team isn't last. He on pretty much any contending team would put up top numbers. If the Flyers trade him (one - they would be idiots - but that seems to be the norm lately), and (Two, the return would be much much bigger than that pathetic offer).

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

What are you adding to get McDavid ? Going to have to be a lot . I think if the Flyers added McDavid they would be an attractive land for UFA

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Carter Hart is legit the only reason the team isn't last. He on pretty much any contending team would put up top numbers. If the Flyers trade him (one - they would be idiots - but that seems to be the norm lately), and (Two, the return would be much much bigger than that pathetic offer).
I think most including Oil fans would/should agree with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad