GDT: Oilers @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

giphy.gif

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021
Devils are disgusting. Best team ever. We are literally tied with the legends of the new jersey devils. Who saw this coming?

I watched the Devils every night ~90-94, then most nights through 97. And finally came back to watch every game the last 3 seasons.

We never had anyone as strong offensively in the '90s as any of Hughes, Hischier, or Bratt. Not one. Hischier doing two pull up twirls w the puck in the O-Zone 1-on-1 tonight was the highlight for me this evening. Mesmerizing.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I was just looking at the box score to check the assists on our goals. But I noticed that McDavid's assist tonight was his 19th of the season, and his 35th point. Holy shit, that is ridiculous.

And yet, because the Oilers won't put a real team around him, he's going to become the Mike Trout of the NHL.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Remember when the Flyers were 2-0-0 and we were 0-2-0?

Good riddance. Their hot start has long been put to bed. Can’t believe anyone was sweating them or thought maybe they wouldn’t be that bad.

All the surprise hot starts have fizzled out expect for ours. Not really counting Boston as a surprise.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was just looking at the box score to check the assists on our goals. But I noticed that McDavid's assist tonight was his 19th of the season, and his 35th point. Holy shit, that is ridiculous.

And yet, because the Oilers won't put a real team around him, he's going to become the Mike Trout of the NHL.
I do think he’ll win the cup one day. Maybe it will be in Edmonton, maybe it won’t.

It’ll be like Ovechkin, where he’ll get one. It could even be sooner than you think (I really don’t think it’ll be this year) as they were in the WCF just last year.

But yeah, they might have to wait for competent management to come in and I just don’t trust them to hire competent management. Ken Holland is another has-been (he inherited the stacked Wings team in the 90’s from Jim Devellano, he didn’t build it) that really shouldn’t be near a GM position and really shouldn’t have been at the time they hired him.

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021
All the surprise hot starts have fizzled out expect for ours. Not really counting Boston as a surprise.

Watching one of their goals tonight, I wondered if it was at half-speed. Slow, but effective.

They're such a different team than the Devils. Old, slow, and exceedingly experienced. It will be fun if we're both still hot when late December rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad