Pre-Game Talk: Oilers Dallas Saturday Afternoon

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Real positive that they noticed that Podz has no place in the topsix. That boat sailed after a couple seasons in Vancouver. guy does some work out there but just awful shooting, and isn't making more plays than he's botching. Zero confidence it seems, and it seems in his NHL career he never really gets confident. You see the glimpses of skills but just doesn't put anything together to ever be dangerous.

Maybe he caught the Petey bug.

Janmark up with Nuge and RV may actually result in some more cycle and possession instances. If anything the line should be able to defend.

Its a game against Dallas so one never knows what to expect. With the Stars you either get a game from them where it looks like they are flying or a game where they can't score a goal to save their lives. The unending history of that club. I think Marshassault would fit that squad better. Not sure what he was thinking landing in Nashville. Stars need a reliable goal scoring vet.

Oilers should be able to get this W.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Real positive that they noticed that Podz has no place in the topsix. That boat sailed after a couple seasons in Vancouver. guy does some work out there but just awful shooting, and isn't making more plays than he's botching. Zero confidence it seems, and it seems in his NHL career he never really gets confident. You see the glimpses of skills but just doesn't put anything together to ever be dangerous.

Maybe he caught the Petey bug.

Janmark up with Nuge and RV may actually result in some more cycle and possession instances. If anything the line should be able to defend.

Its a game against Dallas so one never knows what to expect. With the Stars you either get a game from them where it looks like they are flying or a game where they can't score a goal to save their lives. The unending history of that club. I think Marshassault would fit that squad better. Not sure what he was thinking landing in Nashville. Stars need a reliable goal scoring vet.

Oilers should be able to get this W.
I actually think Podzilla looked better than both RNH and Arvi last night

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I actually think Podzilla looked better than both RNH and Arvi last night
Anybody even moving would look better than RV has thus far. Podz was physical, had a couple puck strips but he can't get a shot off from anywhere and is just lost in offensive zone. Remains to be seen if he can just be here for 200ft play but he has worse shot mechanics than Pulju. So slow getting a shot off. Rarely going to beat NHL goalies unless its a screen or open net.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
My buddy in the NHL says his two favourite road trips are Dallas and Nashville (for obvious reasons lol). So I had concerns seeing these on the schedule consecutively. Hope the boys come out buzzin' tomorrow.

Are the Oilers better in afternoon games now? I remember for years it felt like anything before a 5 pm was an auto loss but I thought this current crew has finally exorcised those demons?

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Anybody even moving would look better than RV has thus far. Podz was physical, had a couple puck strips but he can't get a shot off from anywhere and is just lost in offensive zone. Remains to be seen if he can just be here for 200ft play but he has worse shot mechanics than Pulju. So slow getting a shot off. Rarely going to beat NHL goalies unless its a screen or open net.
Agreed, but he does that well imo and he set up RV for decent chances. Not everyone needs to be finishers. Unfortunately, RNH is what he is. A backpacked pp merchant who's pretty good on the pk but unable to do anything offensively himself at even strength (even when playing with the best player in the world) or drive play against even a 4th line when he's on his own line.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My buddy in the NHL says his two favourite road trips are Dallas and Nashville (for obvious reasons lol). So I had concerns seeing these on the schedule consecutively. Hope the boys come out buzzin' tomorrow.

Are the Oilers better in afternoon games now? I remember for years it felt like anything before a 5 pm was an auto loss but I thought this current crew has finally exorcised those demons?

Buzzing or buzzed?

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74 and TB12

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Agreed, but he does that well imo and he set up RV for decent chances. Not everyone needs to be finishers. Unfortunately, RNH is what he is. A backpacked pp merchant who's pretty good on the pk but unable to do anything offensively himself at even strength (even when playing with the best player in the world) or drive play against even a 4th line when he's on his own line.

Yeah RNH is what he is. His ES production given how much time he gets with McDavid is somewhat embarrassing.

But at least he's paid accordingly.

He's basically a special teams player (PP + PK).

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Dallas shmallas........we beat them our last 3 games in a row and 4 of the last 6 ;-)

Lets go!!

Reactions: oobga

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
If i had to bet on how this would go, i dont think i would bet on the Oilers.

But I dont have to, and I wont, and I never would. Hope for a win.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

A few Oilers and the PP need to realize the season is 2 weeks old but otherwise it’s slowly rounding into form. Dallas won’t be easy, one of the two or three best teams in the league top to bottom.

Need a few players who’ve been mostly AWOL to show up Saturday.
Nice to Janmark get promoted. He had a good game vs Nashville. Really close to scoring a couple times.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Dallas looking for revenge I'm betting. Oiler gotta be u0 for thus one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad