Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Boston Thursday 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This place needs a Chia containment thread to vent, it's just going to keep overflowing everywhere else.

The problem is that there have been threads devoted for specific topics before and it ALWAYS spills over. If the season is in the crapper after 10 games or something then have at 'er. In the meantime after 1 game, let's chill with the Hall, Reinhart, Chia, etc. crap.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I think it's a blessing in disguise this team has such a massive break between the second game.

They clearly are not ready tactically. If I was Katz I'd be screaming at Nicholson after the first game and seeing the leafs be everything we should have been.

The long break gives the new coaching staff to strategies. They need to introspection and take a look at Calgary Toronto etc and ask if their pp strategy is reasonable among other tactical issues.

Suspect if Katz has an iota of love for this team hell be watching the game very closely.

Reactions: bucks_oil

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I hope McClellan has learned the lesson, no morning skate before the game.

I don't know if that was the sole cause of the sluggish play VS the Devils (who smartly didn't have a morning skate before the Gothenburg game) but I'm thinking it didn't help the Oil who looked noticeably slower.

But the most frustrating thing about McLellan is his stubbornness and seemingly unwillingness to adapt to different situations.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure if I should send BBO this first, but anyone else just not interested yet? Us and three other teams only have 1 game, while most have played 3 games and 3 have played 4?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hope McClellan has learned the lesson, no morning skate before the game.

I don't know if that was the sole cause of the sluggish play VS the Devils (who smartly didn't have a morning skate before the Gothenburg game) but I'm thinking it didn't help the Oil who looked noticeably slower.

But the most frustrating thing about McLellan is his stubbornness and seemingly unwillingness to adapt to different situations.
They barely do anything in morning skate. If that's what is causing guys to be sluggish we have a whole other issue. Some of those morning skates are as intense as a warmup before a game

Reactions: TB12

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I kind of like that fact that we've only played one game so far. It's like an itch for these guys and we're watching the pace of other teams and where we need to be.

At the same time, that New Jersey game was a farce and thinking back to it, we were playing at 1/4th of the pace of most of these teams right now.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think it's a blessing in disguise this team has such a massive break between the second game.

They clearly are not ready tactically. If I was Katz I'd be screaming at Nicholson after the first game and seeing the leafs be everything we should have been.

The long break gives the new coaching staff to strategies. They need to introspection and take a look at Calgary Toronto etc and ask if their pp strategy is reasonable among other tactical issues.

Suspect if Katz has an iota of love for this team hell be watching the game very closely.

I hate to say it but the Leafs have been one of the more exciting teams to watch the past 3 seasons. It’s making it very hard to hate them. They have 4 solid lines but no defence, it’s like watching 80’s hockey.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I hate to say it but the Leafs have been one of the more exciting teams to watch the past 3 seasons. It’s making it very hard to hate them. They have 4 solid lines but no defence, it’s like watching 80’s hockey.

Just spend two minutes talking to a Leafs fan, that would nip any affection for that franchise right in the bud as it were. I lived in Toronto and love the city and would actually be inclined to see the Leafs succeed using the blueprint the Oilers threw away but the fans and media are such an absolute ****show.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not a fan of this schedule.. Did the team really need 5 days off?

All the other teams are now past the initial rust and we are still raw.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

No kidding. I think people forget that guys like Katz (and Nicholson for that matter) get to where they are by being incredibly competitive.

Back on topic... I'll be going to the game. I bought decent tickets in the upper bowl, edmonton shoots twice end, but apparently the stub-hub seller had already sold two of the four... so StubHub upgraded me to Loge (lower bowl) tickets... I was pretty happy with that! Mrs and I had planned to sit there, but our friends were too cheap. Now we all win. Go StubHub, great service!

I'm expecting a good game and a solid effort from Lucic in his "home town".

Last year McDavid made that amazing move around Chara and pass to Maroon for the opening goal. It happened while I was snapping a photo of how good my same-day-$75-box-seats were. I caught that filthy sauce on film without even realizing it!

Reactions: PulYou

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Oh, it's very easy to hate them.
Just browse the main boards for a couple of minutes and/or tune into any network that covers the NHL and their knob slobbing of everything Leafs related. You'll hate them in no time.

Besides all that, the team is a treat to watch. I don't know if it's conducive to much playoff success but damn it's entertaining.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
No kidding. I think people forget that guys like Katz (and Nicholson for that matter) get to where they are by being incredibly competitive.

Back on topic... I'll be going to the game. I bought decent tickets in the upper bowl, edmonton shoots twice end, but apparently the stub-hub seller had already sold two of the four... so StubHub upgraded me to Loge (lower bowl) tickets... I was pretty happy with that! Mrs and I had planned to sit there, but our friends were too cheap. Now we all win. Go StubHub, great service!

I'm expecting a good game and a solid effort from Lucic in his "home town".

Last year McDavid made that amazing move around Chara and pass to Maroon for the opening goal. It happened while I was snapping a photo of how good my same-day-$75-box-seats were. I caught that filthy sauce on film without even realizing it!

Haha it wasn't a filthy sauce, it was more of a fluttering well placed pass. The move on Chara is what made that a beautiful play.

The slow mo replay shows it well.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Haha it wasn't a filthy sauce, it was more of a fluttering well placed pass. The move on Chara is what made that a beautiful play.

The slow mo replay shows it well.

Don't ruin it. My photo shows a beautiful moment in time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad