Proposal: Oilers & Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wild guess @Spektre was bored at work so he just wasted time for creating this thread.

For team point of view bfing Yak, would **** block Jaskin/Rattie icetime, so not thrilled.

And I'm maybe the biggest Berglund hater.

It should be Yak + pick <-> Berglund, Blues don't need or want Yak another Bust player.

So the 22 year old Yakupov is a bust and would be blocking icetime for the 23 year old Rattie and Jaskin, the non-bust players....

Good talk.

:laugh:

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

value is solid

if EDM was dead set on trading Yak, I'd do it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Value is pretty fair. I would even do Berglund for Yak straight up, the 4th is just a magic bean and far from a deal maker or breaker. A big bodied 3rd line C is a return I could live with for Yakupov.

With fellow Russian Tarasenko and a veteran team, Yak could thrive there. I know many of us Oiler fans genuinely wish well for Yakupov, he's a great kid who loves hockey. Passion and love for the game have never been a question with him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
thanks for proving my point
mcdavid did all the work, and yakupov was simply open. Most NHL players could do that exact shot if they had that much space in that part of the ice.

Oddly though, that works well for McDavid. Yakupov is a good complimentary player.

Yakupov has an excellent release, but he sucks at being a playmaker or "driver" on offence. Finding space and being ready for a one-timer could end up with Yakupov scoring many goals, McDavid will find him.

I really hope he gets a final shot with McDavid, Yak is easy to root for. Definitely not someone we are running out of town, he's been training hard this offseason in Oilers gear and seems excited for this season. Maybe the Hall trade was a spark of new life in him? Either way, he looks like he wants to be an Oiler and he's having a good offseason.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I don't see how this makes the Blues better or fills a need.We just lost Backes so I don't see the point in trading our other big shut down center.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So the 22 year old Yakupov is a bust and would be blocking icetime for the 23 year old Rattie and Jaskin, the non-bust players....

Good talk.

:laugh:

I think Edmonton are eating 'crazy pills' for trading their #1OA sniper forward for mediocre 3rd center. Or is there something else?

Only Jaskin has played 2 season ago top 6 spot for random games and he fit well there with Stastny and last season he regressed/step back year. THis next year is huge for him and if he can't jump we can override him.

Rattie has proved point wise in games what he played last season he could be top9 or even top 6 offensive forward, but there has been better forwards block his icetime. So trading versatile Berglund for player who most likely play top9 spot would be imho be idiotic move by Army.

Blues don't need another 3rd line winger (what is selling point here now), we have guys on that spot.

Hey, I help you guys. You can get Berglund for free next season.

Blues don't need or wan't Yakupov.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oddly though, that works well for McDavid. Yakupov is a good complimentary player.

Yakupov has an excellent release, but he sucks at being a playmaker or "driver" on offence. Finding space and being ready for a one-timer could end up with Yakupov scoring many goals, McDavid will find him.

I really hope he gets a final shot with McDavid, Yak is easy to root for. Definitely not someone we are running out of town, he's been training hard this offseason in Oilers gear and seems excited for this season. Maybe the Hall trade was a spark of new life in him? Either way, he looks like he wants to be an Oiler and he's having a good offseason.

This isn't true either. Yakupov's speed and slipperiness makes him effective in zone entries. He's a handful for defenders once he's in the offensive zone although he probably could use some work on turning that into more scoring opportunities as he does tend to hold the puck too long. But he does still manage a high quality scoring chance here and there.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I think Edmonton are eating 'crazy pills' for trading their #1OA sniper forward for mediocre 3rd center. Or is there something else?

Only Jaskin has played 2 season ago top 6 spot for random games and he fit well there with Stastny and last season he regressed/step back year. THis next year is huge for him and if he can't jump we can override him.

Rattie has proved point wise in games what he played last season he could be top9 or even top 6 offensive forward, but there has been better forwards block his icetime. So trading versatile Berglund for player who most likely play top9 spot would be imho be idiotic move by Army.

Blues don't need another 3rd line winger (what is selling point here now), we have guys on that spot.

Hey, I help you guys. You can get Berglund for free next season.

Blues don't need or wan't Yakupov.
Jaskin hasn't proven himself so nobody is blocking him. He had one decent season that has not been proven to be anything more than a fluke, so far. As I said before, Rattie is a classic tweener. Good AHL scorer and not big enough or fast enough to be an NHL top six and not good enough in his own zone to be a bottom six. He isn't being blocked.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
It's not bad value-wise, and the Blues could use another RW, but they're also going to need Berglund's size and versatility now that Backes is gone.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
The reason I don't like this as a Blues fan is because Berglund is a jack-of-all-trades kinda player. Size and skill with great puck possession and can play an offensive or defensive role effectively. He can also play all forward positions.

What is Yakupov? As far as I've seen, he's unproven, isn't known for his defensive play, and only plays right wing. He's hugely overrated because he's a former #1 draft pick.

The Blues are set to have Perron and Berglund as their middle-six right-wingers. Even though it isn't either of their natural positions, I'd much rather have both of them on RW over Yakupov.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Losing Bergy would mean the Blues would continue to get smaller on the forward position. With the loss of Backes and Brouwer, we are significantly a smaller playing team. The Blues will adjust there scheme to play faster with better puck possession, but as we have seen in the playoffs, you have to win the puck battles in your own end to start a rush out and you have to play big in front of their net as witnessed by Backes' performance in the playoffs.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
thanks for proving my point
mcdavid did all the work, and yakupov was simply open. Most NHL players could do that exact shot if they had that much space in that part of the ice.

The best powerplay in the NHL (Washington) is run based on a similar principle. Just set up Ovi for the one-timer. Having one player do a lot of the work and getting the puck to a shooter to bury it isn't some phenomenon reserved for Yakupov. Some of the best goal scorers of all time were guilty of the same thing. Gretzky did a lot of the work, Kurri scored a lot of the goals. Adam Oates did a lot of the work, Brett Hull scored most of the goals. Yet nobody suggests that Oates bounced pucks in off of Hull, so why does Yakupov get that sort of criticism? People looking to hate, that's why.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The reason I don't like this as a Blues fan is because Berglund is a jack-of-all-trades kinda player. Size and skill with great puck possession and can play an offensive or defensive role effectively. He can also play all forward positions.

What is Yakupov? As far as I've seen, he's unproven, isn't known for his defensive play, and only plays right wing. He's hugely overrated because he's a former #1 draft pick.

The Blues are set to have Perron and Berglund as their middle-six right-wingers. Even though it isn't either of their natural positions, I'd much rather have both of them on RW over Yakupov.
I don't see how Yakupov is hugely overrated when the consensus value on him is a 2/3 round pick lol.
He was great with Pouliot and McDavid last season(Pouliot was actually the anchor on the line) and I'm hoping to see Yakupov on a line with Lucic-McDavid to start the season

Oct 18, 2011
The best powerplay in the NHL (Washington) is run based on a similar principle. Just set up Ovi for the one-timer. Having one player do a lot of the work and getting the puck to a shooter to bury it isn't some phenomenon reserved for Yakupov. Some of the best goal scorers of all time were guilty of the same thing. Gretzky did a lot of the work, Kurri scored a lot of the goals. Adam Oates did a lot of the work, Brett Hull scored most of the goals. Yet nobody suggests that Oates bounced pucks in off of Hull, so why does Yakupov get that sort of criticism? People looking to hate, that's why.
gee why does yak get the criticism that Kurri and Brett Hull don't, I can't imagine why :sarcasm:

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago

Maybe because Hull scored 86 goals in a season and last year Yakupov scored 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad